No Love For Jim McMahon

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the record
The Wednesday night installment of HBO's "Inside the NFL" will feature the five men who have covered all 38 Super Bowls.

One of the five writers is Edwin Pope of the Miami Herald.

Pope must have had a bad time covering Super Bowl XX in New Orleans after the 1985 season, when quarterback Jim McMahon led the Chicago Bears to victory.

"The *****ing and moaning and complaining and whining by the players gets sickening after a while," Pope says. "And I want to get it on the record that Jim McMahon of the Bears was the most determinately obnoxious, rude, crude, crass participant it's ever been my displeasure to have to encounter. What a jerk."

McMahon was a reserve quarterback for the Packers in 1996, and was in New Orleans the year the Packers beat the New England Patriots in Super Bowl XXXI. The '85 Bears also beat the Patriots.

This man shares the same feelings i have for Jim MacMahon. The packers should have never even given this piece of crap a Super Bowl ring when he wanted to wear a bears jersey to the white house. Just because when the bears won they didn't get invited!!!

NCPackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers should have never even given this piece of crap a Super Bowl ring when he wanted to wear a bears jersey to the white house. Just because when the bears won they didn't get invited!!!

I've never heard that about him wanting to wear a Bears jersey... :gobble:
Why didn't the Bears get invited to the White house?

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NCPackerfan said:
The packers should have never even given this piece of crap a Super Bowl ring when he wanted to wear a bears jersey to the white house. Just because when the bears won they didn't get invited!!!

Why didn't the Bears get invited to the White house?

two words....superbowl shuffle.

i wouldn't let em in my apartment, let alone the white house.

Blues

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The '85 Bears were invited but it was canceled because of Space Shuttle Challenger blew up. He wore his Bears Jersey to honor that '85 team since they were not able to go.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
LOL rebutting a post thats over 5 yrs old!!!

( a bears fan?!?!)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Well, whatever. Not like McMahon was a Packer at heart. He was just a ex-Bear mercenary. Not surprised he'd wear his bears jersey to the white house. I mean, he can't have pleasant memories of the Packers especially after Charles Martin blew him up.

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
How funny!!! I thought this thread was deleted or something,... but finally found it, just as you posted a reply!

Well it was his only post, so Kitten was right! Bear fans do eventually come and post, but this one was kinda grasping.

Members online

Latest posts