1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No Huddle Offense

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by okcpackerfan, Aug 28, 2011.

1. okcpackerfan

okcpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +186
  2. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    It's a great way to slow down a blitz. I'll look for extensive use of the no-huddle vs. New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jebsta16

Jebsta16 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    oh I am sure they will. I don't think they want to show too much right now. I think we are going to come out fast against the Saints, I expect to see us start off in a 2 receiver 2 te set then go to the no huddle with Finley lined up in the slot.

4. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    When they do no huddle is there already a play in mind or does Aaron, possibly with help from Mike talking into his helmet, come up with it and call it out during audibles?

5. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    Little bit of both.

6. Forget Favre

Forget Favre Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2,803
    OK Thanx.

And is everyone going nuts over the Pack no huddle because it's new for them and for the reasons in the linked article?

7. SpartaChris

SpartaChris Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +965
    It's not really new, just new in the sense that they don't normally run it as early in the game as they have this preseason.

8. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    i liked what i saw from one of the comments on the article, and who knows maybe it does go something like this. They get into a formation that rattles off a good play, McCarthy signals to Rodgers to snap into no huddle. They exploit the match ups they already had from the previous plays and blow down the field. 3-5 plays or so. Then switch to a completely different package and watch the defensive coordinators trip over their jaw as they try to pick it off the ground ;)

9. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    I don't think they can TRULY do it at will til midseason...even Aaron has stated that they need to improve on their conditioning b/c they were getting tired while running the no-huddle.