No Huddle Offense

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a great way to slow down a blitz. I'll look for extensive use of the no-huddle vs. New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit.

Jebsta16

Cheesehead
Reaction score
here is a short but well written article on the packers no huddle offense
I would like to see the packers running this consistently more and more throughout the year as I think the pros outweigh the cons by a good margin when running the no-huddle.

oh I am sure they will. I don't think they want to show too much right now. I think we are going to come out fast against the Saints, I expect to see us start off in a 2 receiver 2 te set then go to the no huddle with Finley lined up in the slot.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When they do no huddle is there already a play in mind or does Aaron, possibly with help from Mike talking into his helmet, come up with it and call it out during audibles?

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not really new, just new in the sense that they don't normally run it as early in the game as they have this preseason.

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i liked what i saw from one of the comments on the article, and who knows maybe it does go something like this. They get into a formation that rattles off a good play, McCarthy signals to Rodgers to snap into no huddle. They exploit the match ups they already had from the previous plays and blow down the field. 3-5 plays or so. Then switch to a completely different package and watch the defensive coordinators trip over their jaw as they try to pick it off the ground ;)

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think they can TRULY do it at will til midseason...even Aaron has stated that they need to improve on their conditioning b/c they were getting tired while running the no-huddle.

Members online