1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

No Horsing Around....

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Pack93z, May 18, 2007.

1. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Doesn't look like much of a mudhole to me :razz:

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstory/stories/051707cpcowbright.34c4f7b.html

Cowboys offensive lineman Leonard Davis went from sinking a birdie putt in Grapevine to saving the life of a horse in Arizona.

After playing in the annual sponsors' tournament at Cowboys Golf Club in Grapevine, Davis flew home Wednesday to pick up some personal belongings. When he arrived at his five-acre home in Chandler, Ariz., he noticed a horse stuck in the mud across the street.

"A horse was waist deep in a sinkhole, and I had to do something," Davis said Wednesday night.

Davis drove his John Deere tractor across the street with friend Roy Garibaldi, a local talk show host. Davis put some straps on the horse's waist and used the tractor to pull "Ranger" out.

"He goes from helping his wife to saving a horse's life," said Garibaldi, alluding to Davis' wife, Amanda, who underwent finger surgery. "Here's this big 360-pound NFL player doing something amazing."

Davis cleaned the horse off with a hose as his neighbors, fire and police department officials looked on.

"I was just doing what anybody else would have done," Davis said. "I wasn't scared at all. I grew up on a farm pulling cows and horses out of the mud. No big deal

2. Popcynical

Popcynical Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He's a Cowboy too. How fitting.

3. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113

awww thats nice

4. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    You know.......i had several funny lines to add to this.....but you know what? This is too good a story to do that. It's nice to hear a player doing something GOOD in this world, instead of getting busted for some crime.

5. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Mark this day down in history.... ! agree with Cheesey.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Aww heck Vikes.......you agree with me all the time!!!
    This is just the first time you were willing to ADMIT it!!! :thumbsup: :rotflmao:

7. PackFanInSC

PackFanInSC Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    360 pounds??? Our biggest player is Barry at 332.

8. Green_Bay_Packers

Green_Bay_Packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +113

i have :rotflmao:

9. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I called "Ripley's Believe it or Not" and told them that Vikesrule agreed with me. They told me they didn't believe me and hung up!!! :rotflmao: