No Fan of TT but

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also not a fan of TT's Butt (Trom) beat you to the punch on that.

I may not like TT or what he is doing but feel he is taking a bigger risk in the direction he is going than if he would have stayed status quoe. So I will give MM the chance to make or break his career in GB

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JbShell said:
I may not like TT or what he is doing but feel he is taking a bigger risk in the direction he is going than if he would have stayed status quoe. So I will give MM the chance to make or break his career in GB

Reread what you just posted out loud. Yes, he is taking a big risk, but it's not just at his own expense. It's also at the expense of us Packer fans who stand to be dragged through only god knows how many pitiful seasons so that TT can try and make a name for himself. Maybe it will work out in the end, but I don't know how any Packer fan can be seriously pleased with the ways things are transpiring. The biggest shred of hope is that TT "feels comfortable" with McCarthy. Well, GREAT... because it's all about TT's comfort-level. What about the people paying everyone's salaries - the fans - what about OUR comfort level?

I don't know, I am trying hard to see positives. The most I can manage right now is possible potential. We all have to trust that TT knows what he's doing. That is what is scary to me, it's been said that TT flip-flopped on who he wanted to hire and that he FELT that it was important to be comfortable with the HC.. I would have much rather heard him say "it's my STRONG BELIEF to feel comfortable..blah blah". Maybe it's just semantics, but I have serious doubts that TT had (or has) a real plan.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like TT's butt. I like em mature.

also, LL, hes bringing in guys he is comfortable with..hes not bringing cronies he dealt with from seattle. he is interviewing guys, looking at background, and hiring guys who fit with the team. I dont know why thats evil...someone will explain im sure with conspriacies and secret meetings they know about somehow.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I like TT's butt. I like em mature.

also, LL, hes bringing in guys he is comfortable with..hes not bringing cronies he dealt with from seattle. he is interviewing guys, looking at background, and hiring guys who fit with the team. I dont know why thats evil...someone will explain im sure with conspriacies and secret meetings they know about somehow.

It's not evil. EVERY coach MM has picked he has coached with before. It happens all the time in the NFL. Except when Sherman did it, it was called cronyism. I guess it depends on whether or not you like the head coach.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
I never called it cronyism. you're painting with a broad brush there.

My apologies.....I didn't mean to point you out. You haven't said it but I'm sure you read it. Wow, read that last sentence aloud. I'm a real Jesse Jackson :lol: :lol:

OP
OP
J

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
JbShell said:

Reread what you just posted out loud. Yes, he is taking a big risk, but it's not just at his own expense. It's also at the expense of us Packer fans who stand to be dragged through only god knows how many pitiful seasons so that TT can try and make a name for himself. Maybe it will work out in the end, but I don't know how any Packer fan can be seriously pleased with the ways things are transpiring.

I need to reread my post??? Why thought what I said was pretty clear. And trust me the Big GUys will not allow a twenty year slump he will lose his job if it goes ill

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack...again.....cronyism, to most of us, is not hiring people you know or are acquainted with...that is the norm as the coaching ranks are very fraternal. Cronyism, ala MS, is KEEPING your pals AFTER they have PROVEN themselves UNWORTHY to hold their jobs....... that would be Rossley and Novak. Or promoting buddies without making any other considerations....that would be Slowik.

Big difference!

Get over the MS firing, look to the future, and give MM a chance. If you look at the staff he is assembling, by most accounts (from people MUCH more knowledgeable that you and I), he is really putting together a group of guys who are well respected by people in the know...again, people much smarter than you and I.

You have grieved long enough....it is time to move into the acceptance phase.....or, just drink some more. As Homer Simpson said, " Aaaaah, beer...the cause of, and cure for, all of life's problems."

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jesus Christ digs...I thought you were better than that. I am over the MS firing AND I have even said that for the time being I LIKE the MM hiring. It is the constant belittling of MS by the haters (you included) that keeps MS on these boards. I liked Mike Sherman but I love the Green Bay Packers.

IF you can't see that MM is building his staff the EXACT same way that MS did than it's because you don't want to see it. I have no problem with the way he is putting his staff together. It IS cronyism, which is the norm in the NFL.

In fact, there is no doubt in my mind that if you were hired as a head coach in the NFL you would choose me as your offensive (very offensive) coordinator and P@ck66 as your defensive coordinator.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're all good, buddy! Actually, I would bring you on as jock strap inspector/maintenance engineer! Those frayed elastics need to be checked periodically lest thy "snap" and hit the jimmies during a critical moment in the game Sunday! LOL

I can see it now, " Favre takes the snap...he's dropping back...ooooohhhh, he's dowwwwwn...... and he's clutching his groin, Troy! I think what we have here is an elastic failure...you know, a player can play through a slight tear...but once that puppy snaps...oh, mannnnn...this doesn't look good to me...I would hate to be Green Bay's jock inspector when the coach gets off the field...there may be some hell to pay here!"

Have a great weekend, man!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
DePack said...

"In fact, there is no doubt in my mind that if you were hired as a head coach in the NFL you would choose me as your offensive (very offensive) coordinator and P@ck66 as your defensive coordinator."

yes..YESSS!!

And MY Defense would KICK ***..and TAKE NAMES..BABY!

NO PRISONERS...

(Button up..Pin yer ears back...because i'm coming baby...)

I might have to strap it on myself...because lord almighty..there would be some HITTIN' goin on out there!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow, it's pretty slow in the Packer Nation right now that we have to try to envision P@ck66's defense going up against DePack's offense...anyway, I like it!!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm in!!! All I need to do is convince Allen Rossum to come back to GB so we have more of a returner than Antonio "Catch it every time and run for 4 yards" Chatman!!!!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
ND..

MY defense would kick Depack's ***...all the way back to Maryland..!!

I would build a defense remeniscient of the old Steel Curtain back in the 70's with the likes of modern day Niestchkes, Butkises, Lamberts, and Mike Curtis's's as my LB's...

Whatever they would be..they would at least be MEAN..!

(Old time Hockey..uhh..I mean FOOTBALL!!)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
You just passed the interview.

BTW...you might want to look for a better blocking scheme also.

I don't think it's as much of a scheme issue as it is a player issue DePack but you could be right. Improvements across the board...it's going to take me at least 3 years so I'm looking for an extension already.

Actually, the more I think about it....maybe it is blocking scheme. I would run back kicks and punts similar to Lombardi's sweep. You get a seal here, a seal there, and you run it.......into the alley!!!!

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
ND..

MY defense would kick Depack's ***...all the way back to Maryland..!!

I would build a defense remeniscient of the old Steel Curtain back in the 70's with the likes of modern day Niestchkes, Butkises, Lamberts, and Mike Curtis's's as my LB's...

Whatever they would be..they would at least be MEAN..!

(Old time Hockey..uhh..I mean FOOTBALL!!)

Just keep Nick Collins and bring a Chuck Cecil type safety to pair up with him. Could you imagine the hitting that would go on in that secondary???

Members online

Latest posts