No Excuses.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought we'd gone back in a time warp to the '90's tonight. Back when the Packers were good and rising but the Cowboys were just that much better. BAck then it was Aikman, Smith, Irvin and Novacheck gashing us behind a hulking o-line. Now it's Romo, Barber, Jones and Witten behind a hulking 0-line.
Well, at least now we can say it's a Wisconsin kid quarterbacking them. And maybe there's not too much shame in losing to a team that had 13 Pro Bowlers last season and added a couple more this year.
Dallas now must be reckoned the dominant team in the league for this season, similarly to what New England was last season. But remember how the Patriots' year ultimately ended before crowning the Cowboys.
The Packers will still have a very good season but will go back under the radar a bit and maybe that's to their advantage. Let someone else wear the target and the Pack can take care of their business and they can turn out as the surprise team of the league again this year.
As of now Dallas may be a season ahead of the Packers in their development but there's 13 more games to go, which is virtually a season; plenty of time for a lot of things to happen before the playoffs get here.
We lost to a superior team tonight. We can dust ourselves off, learn from the experience, and become a better team ourselves.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But it is getting disgusting that we're seeing all these negative "firsts" coming at hallowed Lambeau Field: First loss there ever to Dallas. First championship game loss there in Jan. to the Giants.First ever playoff losses in Wisconsin in '02 & '04.

Maybe this game shoulda been in Green Bay in late November or December.

OP
OP
P

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not going to use it as an excuse and it may not have made any difference but we didn't have our entire first team o-line out there. Scott Wells is still out and the rookie Josh Sitton, who won the starting right guard job, hasn't been able to get on the field with his preseason injury. And the sparing use of Ryan Grant suggests his hamstring injury is still an issue.
The defense was the bigger issue tonight. Far too many "explosive" plays yielded, on the field too long. We saw this in our losses to the Cowboys in the '90's. Our guys would hold them and hold them and then BOOM the Big Play.
Usually guys out of position, missing assignments, poor tackling. The offense could have helped by keeping possession more but the defense has to stand up and get off the field after third down, too.
It's hard to say, too, how much of a difference Atari Bigby might have made against the run. And Al Harris was forced out of the game in the second quarter.
With all the chances the Cowboys had, maybe the wonder is the score wasn't bigger.

guavaball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This from a die hard Cowboys fan:

The Cowboys aren't nearly as good as some of you are making them out to be.

Romo is extremely overrated.. He is the next Jim Kelly mark my words. He chokes in the big games and makes really stupid mistakes. ie throwing an interception in the end zone for the SECOND TIME THIS YEAR!!!!

His butt was saved by the running backs and that line. Every time I've put faith in Romo I've been burned. Don't worry, he will do it again.

MoxRox

Cheesehead
Reaction score
guavaball said:
This from a die hard Cowboys fan:

The Cowboys aren't nearly as good as some of you are making them out to be.

Romo is extremely overrated.. He is the next Jim Kelly mark my words. He chokes in the big games and makes really stupid mistakes. ie throwing an interception in the end zone for the SECOND TIME THIS YEAR!!!!

His butt was saved by the running backs and that line. Every time I've put faith in Romo I've been burned. Don't worry, he will do it again.

Whoever wrote that is NOT a "die hard" Cowboys fan. Period.

Members online

Latest posts