No complaints about the kickers

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When the season started, our kicking was the biggest Question mark. I am glad to see that our kickers have worked out well.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both of them did very well for the first half of the season, then sort of went into a tailspin at the same time. I think Rayner has righted the ship in these past couple games, while Jon Ryan is still struggling. But they are young players, and they should both be better next year. And they will have to compete for their jobs in training camp. Neither of them is a lock.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
lot of people were very worried with just the kickers..not the entire special team unit per say.,..

i think rayner has shown he can be a very good fg kicker in this league...

Ryan prob has been struggling but how much has been due to his fathers illness?? I know it sohuldnt be an excuse but think about your own job and when something like that happens to you...your performance is affected

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Timmons said:
When the season started, our kicking was the biggest Question mark. I am glad to see that our kickers have worked out well.

Our punting flat out sucks if you ask me.

Ryan is 4th in gross yards

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/PNT/2006/regular

so are you saying the coverage unit is bad or ryan needs to work on his placment or what??

I am not sure if he is out kicking his coverage but seems like he is doing a good job to me

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Timmons said:

so are you saying the coverage unit is bad or ryan needs to work on his placment or what??

I am not sure if he is out kicking his coverage but seems like he is doing a good job to me

I think the coverage is bad as well, but thats a different story. I think he definitly needs to work on placing kicks. I dread the midfield punt because I know he is just going to boot it out of the other teams endzone he does that on a very regular basis. But i love him when we are in our own endzone. Its just I think we could do a lot better.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
that i would agree with, but to say it is really bad I cant bring myself to say that

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he is very good in some ways. and he either sucks or needs to improve with other things. But hey as long as his name isnt Sander Ill take him ;)

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agopackgo4 said:
Timmons said:

What Ryan needs to work on is hangtime. Opposing punt returners are licking their chops back there, knowing there's a good chance they'll get to make a move before the coverage arrives. He also needs to work on kicking near the opponent's goal line instead of booming it out the back of the end zone almost every time.

Members online

Latest posts