No big coaching changes for the Packers

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I've given Campen the benefit of the doubt but I simply can not with Slocum. I'm baffled as to why Mccarthy is keeping him.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay I've given Campen the benefit of the doubt but I simply can not with Slocum. I'm baffled as to why Mccarthy is keeping him.
THAT.

When he was promoted I said in the minute "how promoting a disciple of a terrible coach will make the ST play better?".

I'd get rid of both, but I can almost understand keeping Campen. Truth is, the OL improved late the season.

But the ST? Terrible...

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/82992137.html

I guess the O-line will be improved by adding new players and not a new coach and first year special teams coach gets another chance.
Well, nothing quite inspires confidence like the need to develop players on a young line by a guy who has shown no ability so far to do it and as a bonus who was a player on one of the worst lines our franchise has ever seen (although it is debateable if the line Campen played on was worse than this year's line in the first 9 games). Close call. Nothing like demanding excellence there Mike...

I suppose it could turn around but my God, this guy's track record is awful. If it was me I'd have **** canned him the second favre told the world on Gretta's show that Campen shared with him the strategy to use if he wanted to back the team into a corner and force them to let him return... This guy's got pictures of TT doing something illegal or immoral because otherwise I don't get how he sticks around.

Same thing for Slocum.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
If that ST coach is the guy that stuck Jordy Nelson as the kick returner he deserves not only to be fired, but to have his house burnt down. Jordy Nelson is a fine receiver, but he doesn't have the speed, agility, or quickness to be a kick returner and whoever thought that was a good idea is an idiot.

Then we have Mason Crosby. I don't know if coaching has much to do with kicking, but all of us that aren't named Green_Bay_Packers ( :p ) know that he was terrible and horribly inconsistent this year. Again, I don't know if coaching has something to do with that, but if it does, he needs to be fired doubly.

Also, there was Jeremy Kapinos. Sports Illustrated came up with a formula for punters that's similar to QB Rating. Sort of an all encompassing number to measure punter efficiency. Kapinos was dead last. He's awful at downing the ball inside the 20, his distance is really inconsistent, he's not good. If coaching contributes to any of the crappyness that was Jeremy Kapinos, he needs to be fired triply.

Brett Favre beat us twice this year, but lost in the sea of Favre attention was that Percy Harvin RIPPED US UP. He put them in great field position all game long. Not to mention our worst loss of the year, the Tampa Bay game, where our coverage unit gave up an 83 yard return and our punt unit allowed a blocked punt to be returned for a touchdown.

Clearly a change was needed. I can't say I support McCarthy on this.

Clay's Jock Strap

TRK's Hero
Reaction score
Clearly a change was needed. I can't say I support McCarthy on this.

WHAT?!?! You mean to tell me that replacing an incompetent coordinator (Stock) with his assistant wasn't a great idea?? ROFL

Yep, hiring Slocum made no sense to me at all when they did it. The guy he learned from was a complete bozo so it makes all sorts of sense to hire Bozo's apprentice... Way to go M3!!

Members online

Latest posts