No Big Ben for Sunday?!?

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll see about tearing them up. I still thought that we had a chance in this one with Ben playing because we've been defending the run so well but it definitely bodes better for our chances if he is out.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching the game last night, their D is so fast to react to the ball. Passes even if you get 10-15 yards over the middle the receiver is covered up by 2-3 guys as soon as he brings it in and he pays for it. Seems like a MUCH higher intensity level than I have seen the pack play with so far this season. Maybe because it was a division game vs the Ravens(?) or maybe because the steelers are just that good.

Still don't think we are going to tear anything up, but helps our chances at a "W".

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wouldn't mind Ben playing sunday...he looked awful. he was pretty inaccurate all night and didn't look anything like his normal self. Anthony Wright made him look a lot better though. :lol:

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's too bad Maddox won't be playing instead of Batch in case Ben can't go. Maddox looked terrible the other week filling in for Big Ben.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I find it amazing (Not targeting any of my friends here on this forum) how so many people pick this big kid's game apart. I find it amazing how many non- Steeler fans in sports bars still say he is a flash in the pan.

The kid (And he is a kid.) is 18 and 1 in regular season games. That is special. Winners win and that is what winners do.

RP

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ArizonaPackerFan said:
It's too bad Maddox won't be playing instead of Batch in case Ben can't go. Maddox looked terrible the other week filling in for Big Ben.

Sorry guys - I gotta go with RP on the line.....

But AG struck a cord... He's right - guy looked terrible.

I say if Maddox starts - the Packers definitely upset....
But, for some reason... not sure why - my neck itches - Batch starts? and the Pack has a hard time of it.

I was sure hopin' to watch Big Ben go up against the Gunslinger, tho' ..man!

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
The kid (And he is a kid.) is 18 and 1 in regular season games. That is special. Winners win and that is what winners do.

Yes, because he did all of this by himself. He only passes 20 times a game; it's not like he carries the team. With an average defense, and an average running game, Big Ben would look like David Carr.

BigNastyD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
i wouldn't mind Ben playing sunday...he looked awful. he was pretty inaccurate all night and didn't look anything like his normal self. Anthony Wright made him look a lot better though. :lol:
The reason Ben played "below average" is the same reason this very thread was made. He was playing on a bum knee that was injured on the first series which greatly hampered his mobility. I think he showed he is one tough SOB to continue playing through the pain. Maddox will NOT be starting as he has been demoted to #3. If Ben doesnt go it will be Batch.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whether Ben plays or not I believe the Packers win this game.
The problem is if Ben plays and we win, all the talking heads will be saying if Ben hadn't been hurt yada, yada, yada. If Ben doesn't play they will still be whining. Either way we will still get no respect for this win.
I don't believe that Cowher will be foolish enuff to take a chance on Bens future. They have alot at stake with half the season left and if Ben were to really tear his knee up in this game it would pretty much shoot their season.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Two things ----

• 1. I could care less about the PC Press - let 'em say whatever.. We still Won (hopefully)

2. Cowher is probably more conservative than Mike Sherman :shock:

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
Two things ----

• 1. I could care less about the PC Press - let 'em say whatever.. We still Won (hopefully)

• What?!? Someone is more conservative than Sherman?!? :shock:

thumb2come

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
I don't believe that Cowher will be foolish enuff to take a chance on Bens future. They have alot at stake with half the season left and if Ben were to really tear his knee up in this game it would pretty much shoot their season.

Well as far as the knee it wasn't the knee he injured in SD.
I think Ben will start this game as we can ill afford to fall any further behind the Colt as far as home field goes for the playoffs.

That and The MRI was negative and Ben should be good to go, or at least that is what Ben has said in interviews

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
IPBprez said:
Two things ----

• What?!? Someone is more conservative than Sherman?!? :shock:

• Ever heard of Steve Mariucci? :crazy:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thumb2come said:
yooperfan said:

I think Ben will start this game as we can ill afford to fall any further behind the Colt as far as home field goes for the playoffs.

That and The MRI was negative and Ben should be good to go, or at least that is what Ben has said in interviews

Whoa... back up the truck... you may want to go back and re-watch that MNF game. Steelers against Chargers is exactly where that lineman purposely extended his fall down and roll tackle right up against Ben in the fourth quarter - I watch the replays over and over - I thought he was gonna be done for the season.... It "was" his knee he hurt at that time.... He should have sat down against Cincy - is the truth of it....

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
thumb2come said:
yooperfan said:

Whoa... back up the truck... you may want to go back and re-watch that MNF game. Steelers against Chargers is exactly where that lineman purposely extended his fall down and roll tackle right up against Ben in the fourth quarter - I watch the replays over and over - I thought he was gonna be done for the season.... It "was" his knee he hurt at that time.... He should have sat down against Cincy - is the truth of it....

he's saying his other knee is hurt now..

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
JD said:
I kinda like how there are fans from 3 different teams in this thread and there's no acrimony.

Acrinomy, sorry I'm a Detroit fan and don't know big words. I'm glad we're all getting along though. :) Whenever someone says something I don't understand and makes me feel dumb I always respond with "Oh yea, did you know that RACE CAR spelled backwards is RACE CAR? Did you know that YO BANANA BOY spelled backwards is YO BANANA BOY?" OOOOH, that's what I thought.

jdlax

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They say that you learn something new every day. I think learing that "yo banana boy" backwards is "yo banana boy" counts, right?:mrgreen:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
big3 said:
Acrinomy?, Sorry, I'm a Detroit fan and don't know big words. I'm glad we're all getting along though. :) Whenever someone says something I don't understand and makes me feel dumb I always respond with "Oh yea, did you know that RACE CAR spelled backwards is RACE CAR? Did you know that YO BANANA BOY spelled backwards is YO BANANA BOY?" OOOOH, that's what I thought.

Easy, big3 -- think ebonics....

Staff online

Latest posts