1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Nnamdi Asomugha anyone?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by red4tribe, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    If it comes down to it, I'd rather spend the money keeping Capers around.

2. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    I don't know about that with Sitton. I wouldn't go as far as calling him the best RG in football, but he is certainly very, very good. There is absolutely no way he backs up on 25 teams.

Ndamukong Suh called Sitton the best guard he has ever faced. And Sitton has been by far our most consistent and best player on the offensive line in the past two years.

3. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Sitton is the best guard in FOOTBALL according to ProFootballTalk.

Sitton is regarded by most scouts as a GREAT guard.

Yes, Sitton. OL play is not about stats. It's about film. EVERY analyst that knows about OL play and breaks down film says we have one of the best guards in football in Sitton.

But, if you want a stat, here's a stat for you: Sitton hasn't given up one sack the whole season. ZERO sacks given up by Sitton.

4. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    pro football focus has sitton 2nd best in the league behind the guy in New Orleans. And has him the 2nd best player on the packers offense next to Arod. Bulaga is the worst ranked player on the offense.

5. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Wow, zero the entire season? That's incredible.

6. 98Redbird

98Redbird Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +234
    I agree that they've played better, but it's not good enough. We will need to replace Clifton, I think I read that Bulaga is the replacement for Clifton and that is his natural position, so we would need a RT and we need to upgrade Colledge. Other than that I am pleased with the line, but we need a RT and a LG.

7. Favre4Ever

Favre4Ever Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah, we will need to replace Clifton eventually, but I don't think his time has come yet. But remember that we signed him (and unfortunately, Tauscher) to contract extensions. And he has played so well this season (IMO) that he deserves to come back for at least another season.

TJ Lang was terrible last season, but I want to see him play either RT or LG... Not permanently.. but just to see if he has improved or not.

But yeah... LG is my number one worry. RT, I think will be much better next season.. Whoever is there.

8. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    you gotta have someone ready to step in and replace Clifton next season, at his age it would be a disaster if he went down. Like possibly whole season over imo

9. Fundamentals

Fundamentals Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    In his interview today, John Kuhn touched upon the fact that players like being taken care of and in particular the Packers and Steelers do this extremely well. Kuhn said players would likely take a pay cut to play in places like that. With that said and the fact that the Packers are in the Super Bowl and the Jets lost Asomugha's odds of coming here may have increased

10. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Maybe, but I'll believe it when I see it.

11. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,410
    i cant argue that he would be a great addition. him and tramon covering the main 2 wide receivers while shields and woodson can be used for other things

12. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +286
    Oh yeah definately. All year I've thought that maybe we should trying blitzing Shields some(I've been doing it on Madden for a while), as we did last week, just because he has such great speed. It worked. Adding Asomugha would really help open up other blitzes with Shields and Woodson.

13. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +607
    Rumor has it though that Woodson is the one convincing him to try to take a pay-cut and come to the Packers so if he can do this money and chemistry won't be an issue.

14. PackPackPackers

PackPackPackers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +39
    Uh...has anyone forgot about Nick Collins? If we add Asomugha...well...no one would be able to pass on our defense.

15. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    No, No, No.
    We have one of the best up and coming CB's in Tramon.
    We have possibly another in Sam Shields.
    We have Charles Woodson who can keep doing what he does, blitzing.
    We have a great safety in Nick Collins.
    We have another really solid one in Charlie Peprah.
    We have Morgan Burnett who played really solidly until he went on the IR.

Again, no. We pay the secondary a lot as it is... Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams all get paid big at the moment.

16. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +471
    I don't know why people are so against what would be the best defensive backfield in NFL history.
    CB: Williams
    CB: Nnamdi
    NCB: Shields
    S: Wood
    S: Collins

Dear lord. Imagine what Capers could do.

17. packerswin96

packerswin96 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    TT is not going to pay $15 million/yr for anyone that is not already on his team.

18. y5nthon5a

y5nthon5a Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6
    He'd be wanting at least a 4 year, 45 million contract. He could get close to 60 million if he wants. I am not willing to pay that much for a guy we don't really have a NEED for at the position.

We've just gave out a bunch of contract extensions all around our team the last 2 years; if the cap comes back, we could be close to it.

19. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +280
    yea I think the Steelers are going to need to sign him for this game on Feb. 6th, something tells me they could use him. :happy0005:

20. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    Terrible free agent signing. Has been nothing on the Philly Defense. Thank god we didn't break the bank for him

• Agree Agree x 3
  21. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    Safeties bit on everything and left him high and dry in off coverage

• Informative Informative x 1
  22. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,115
    He got benched yesterday

• Informative Informative x 1
  23. AmishMafia

AmishMafia Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,863
    He was supposed to be a shut-down corner. Shut-down corners (and at $15M per year) should not need safety help.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. rodell330

rodell330 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,013
    he's better suited to actually be a safety. He was allowed to play twice a year against boo boo wr's in the AFC West but now he has been exposed.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I agree, they should have moved him LONG ago. Especially considering how he lost a step

• Like Like x 1