Nnamdi Asomugha anyone?

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
I'd rather spend the money that he would command on bringing in a couple of those guys that open up running lanes and keep Mr. Rodgers' jersey clean.

But that's just me...

It's not a coincidence that the best team in the NFL has the best offensive line.
If it comes down to it, I'd rather spend the money keeping Capers around.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the exceptions of Wells, and Maybe Bulaga (who you even said was struggling, I would replace the whole line off your opinions(and mine are pretty in line w yours).
Clifton is over after this year. It is his swan song
Colledge I agree w you, never a fit, too many penalties, too many "what ifs". BACKUP at best on another team.
Wells has looked good, not great. Could survive and start elsewhere with the right circumstances.
Sitton REALLY?!?! His status is amplified by the lack of talent around him at best. He backs up at best on 25 out of 32 teams IMO.
Bulaga is a rookie, and he gets the OL break this year as such.

We still have major problems on this side of the ball, but currently it is working. If they produce another win, and show some heart, than I say let them keep it up.

The loose cannon on the linew remains Colledge though, as he always seems out of place, overmanned, and over penalized. He hurts us WAY more than helps us...

I don't know about that with Sitton. I wouldn't go as far as calling him the best RG in football, but he is certainly very, very good. There is absolutely no way he backs up on 25 teams.

Ndamukong Suh called Sitton the best guard he has ever faced. And Sitton has been by far our most consistent and best player on the offensive line in the past two years.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the exceptions of Wells, and Maybe Bulaga (who you even said was struggling, I would replace the whole line off your opinions(and mine are pretty in line w yours).
Clifton is over after this year. It is his swan song
Colledge I agree w you, never a fit, too many penalties, too many "what ifs". BACKUP at best on another team.
Wells has looked good, not great. Could survive and start elsewhere with the right circumstances.
Sitton REALLY?!?! His status is amplified by the lack of talent around him at best. He backs up at best on 25 out of 32 teams IMO.
Bulaga is a rookie, and he gets the OL break this year as such.

We still have major problems on this side of the ball, but currently it is working. If they produce another win, and show some heart, than I say let them keep it up.

The loose cannon on the linew remains Colledge though, as he always seems out of place, overmanned, and over penalized. He hurts us WAY more than helps us...
Sitton is the best guard in FOOTBALL according to ProFootballTalk.

Sitton is regarded by most scouts as a GREAT guard.

Yes, Sitton. OL play is not about stats. It's about film. EVERY analyst that knows about OL play and breaks down film says we have one of the best guards in football in Sitton.

But, if you want a stat, here's a stat for you: Sitton hasn't given up one sack the whole season. ZERO sacks given up by Sitton.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yes, Sitton. OL play is not about stats. It's about film. EVERY analyst that knows about OL play and breaks down film says we have one of the best guards in football in Sitton.

But, if you want a stat, here's a stat for you: Sitton hasn't given up one sack the whole season. ZERO sacks given up by Sitton.

pro football focus has sitton 2nd best in the league behind the guy in New Orleans. And has him the 2nd best player on the packers offense next to Arod. Bulaga is the worst ranked player on the offense.

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wow, zero the entire season? That's incredible.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our line has played a lot better this season, in my opinion.

Clifton - Looks so much better now that he is healthy. Playing at a high level.
Colledge - Not gonna say much other than I am ready for a new LG. Colledge has worn out his welcome.
Wells - Had a great season a year ago and has built on it this year.
Sitton - Best RG in football.
Bulaga - Obviously he has struggled... But he is a rookie LT, playing out of position. I have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I agree that they've played better, but it's not good enough. We will need to replace Clifton, I think I read that Bulaga is the replacement for Clifton and that is his natural position, so we would need a RT and we need to upgrade Colledge. Other than that I am pleased with the line, but we need a RT and a LG.

Favre4Ever

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I agree that they've played better, but it's not good enough. We will need to replace Clifton, I think I read that Bulaga is the replacement for Clifton and that is his natural position, so we would need a RT and we need to upgrade Colledge. Other than that I am pleased with the line, but we need a RT and a LG.

Yeah, we will need to replace Clifton eventually, but I don't think his time has come yet. But remember that we signed him (and unfortunately, Tauscher) to contract extensions. And he has played so well this season (IMO) that he deserves to come back for at least another season.

TJ Lang was terrible last season, but I want to see him play either RT or LG... Not permanently.. but just to see if he has improved or not.

But yeah... LG is my number one worry. RT, I think will be much better next season.. Whoever is there.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you gotta have someone ready to step in and replace Clifton next season, at his age it would be a disaster if he went down. Like possibly whole season over imo

Fundamentals

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his interview today, John Kuhn touched upon the fact that players like being taken care of and in particular the Packers and Steelers do this extremely well. Kuhn said players would likely take a pay cut to play in places like that. With that said and the fact that the Packers are in the Super Bowl and the Jets lost Asomugha's odds of coming here may have increased

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In his interview today, John Kuhn touched upon the fact that players like being taken care of and in particular the Packers and Steelers do this extremely well. Kuhn said players would likely take a pay cut to play in places like that. With that said and the fact that the Packers are in the Super Bowl and the Jets lost Asomugha's odds of coming here may have increased

Maybe, but I'll believe it when I see it.

Wood Chipper

Fantasy Football Guru
Reaction score
i cant argue that he would be a great addition. him and tramon covering the main 2 wide receivers while shields and woodson can be used for other things

OP
OP
red4tribe

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cant argue that he would be a great addition. him and tramon covering the main 2 wide receivers while shields and woodson can be used for other things

Oh yeah definately. All year I've thought that maybe we should trying blitzing Shields some(I've been doing it on Madden for a while), as we did last week, just because he has such great speed. It worked. Adding Asomugha would really help open up other blitzes with Shields and Woodson.

Reaction score
Rumor has it though that Woodson is the one convincing him to try to take a pay-cut and come to the Packers so if he can do this money and chemistry won't be an issue.

PackPackPackers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uh...has anyone forgot about Nick Collins? If we add Asomugha...well...no one would be able to pass on our defense.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, No, No.
We have one of the best up and coming CB's in Tramon.
We have possibly another in Sam Shields.
We have Charles Woodson who can keep doing what he does, blitzing.
We have a great safety in Nick Collins.
We have another really solid one in Charlie Peprah.
We have Morgan Burnett who played really solidly until he went on the IR.

Again, no. We pay the secondary a lot as it is... Nick Collins, Charles Woodson, Tramon Williams all get paid big at the moment.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I don't know why people are so against what would be the best defensive backfield in NFL history.
CB: Williams
CB: Nnamdi
NCB: Shields
S: Wood
S: Collins

Dear lord. Imagine what Capers could do.

y5nthon5a

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He'd be wanting at least a 4 year, 45 million contract. He could get close to 60 million if he wants. I am not willing to pay that much for a guy we don't really have a NEED for at the position.

We've just gave out a bunch of contract extensions all around our team the last 2 years; if the cap comes back, we could be close to it.

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yea I think the Steelers are going to need to sign him for this game on Feb. 6th, something tells me they could use him. :happy0005:

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terrible free agent signing. Has been nothing on the Philly Defense. Thank god we didn't break the bank for him

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was supposed to be a shut-down corner. Shut-down corners (and at $15M per year) should not need safety help.

he's better suited to actually be a safety. He was allowed to play twice a year against boo boo wr's in the AFC West but now he has been exposed.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts