Niles Paul (WR, Nebraska)

ARodsBelt12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As much as I think TT will try to resign James Jones, and he should. There obviously is the chance he won't be back and regardless we could use another WR as most of you know. Paul seems like the type of WR TT likes. He's similar in size to Jones, is strong and has very good hands. He might even be a little faster than Jones. He also has experience returning kicks, he is nowhere near a Hester or top notch returner but who knows. I think he would fit in very nicely with our wide outs. Will probably be mid round pick, so what do you all think? I say use a pick on him.

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Niles Paul (I'm a Huskers fan). He's got a ton of talent, although he didn't get to display it much at Nebraska. He has good ball skills and runs really well after the catch, so he would fit right in with our receiving corps. You mentioned that he's got experience at returning kicks. I think he would definitely be an upgrade for us at returner; he finds running lanes pretty well and won't hesitate as much as Jordy does. I would love to see him in green and gold, maybe in the middle rounds of the draft.

Here are a few highlights of him:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmFt10el-m4]YouTube - Niles Paul Highlights[/ame]

And here's a kick return:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5qRVeRMhso]YouTube - Niles Paul Return, Eric Martin hit on Andrew Hudson[/ame]

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see TT going for a high round pick on WR. Not expecting much production out of whoever we draft though for at least a year or two.

Reaction score
Oh Dear God; No. I watched a lot of Paul in college, too - And if you think Jones drops the ball a lot, Wait til you see this guy. The guy has made a few big plays in his career but was basically overtaken as the primary receiver in Nebraska's offense by Brandon Kinnie last year - AS A SENIOR; NO LESS. He's not consistently productive and he drops passes and fumbles the ball a lot. Great athletic ability but no mental game at all. No drive to make himself better. He would drive an offense like ours that prides itself on efficiency absolutely nuts. No. Please; NO.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He can be coached. He's got potential but nothing more than middle round pick since he drops a lot of balls.

Calhoun Lambeau

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is pretty much the generic scouting report on him.

1. He's big, a straight-line athlete, but has quickness.
2. Small hands, average IQ, makes mistakes.
3. Can get the deep ball and make plays after the catch.
4. Very good work ethic.
5. Underachiever in big games.

Looks a lot like James Jones. Bad hands, can beat defenders deep, creative after the catch, solid but unspectacular athlete, and nice size.

Whatever happens in the draft or how Thompson might feel about him, who knows.

joshsup17

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NO, i am a husker fan as well and have had to put up with his failures for too long as it is... let him in with the vikings

Big E

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His drops really did frustrate me too, but I think he's still got a ton of talent. It's his ability after the catch that draws me in. Maybe it's just my optimistic nature that makes me think his concentration will get better or that all of his problems stemmed from being in such a run-heavy scheme. I still like the guy, but I'm not saying he's a can't miss prospect or anything. He's a late 3rd rounder at best.

Members online

Latest posts