Nike sues Lombardi family

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is exactly the kind of ******** that NIKE pulls all the time, and why i boycott them at every chance. I will not buy their brand, because they only want to sponsor somebody after they make it big. They are great for "jumping on the bandwagon"

Yea, I know that the Packers wore Nike for a few years, but I am sticking by my guns.

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, perhaps Tiger Woods can speak about what it is like to be a winner...Lombardi would roll over in his grave to be associated with that type of person.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nike in 1996:

Nike Accused of "Slave" Child Labor

by Andreas Harsono

(AR) JAKARTA -- [SIZE=+2]An Indonesian[/SIZE] labor advocate said that American shoe maker Nike Inc. is employing Indonesian children under 16 years old to produce their athletic sneakers, confirming an earlier report by an American lobbying group that the children work in sweatshops like "slaves." Indera Nababan of the non-profit Yakoma PGI labor advocacy organization said on Monday that the employees are paid the official minimum wage of 5,200 Indonesian rupiah (US $2.17) per day, which is "just enough to survive to the following day to work again."
"How can you live with [$2.17] in an expensive metropolis like Jakarta," asked Nababan, adding that Nike Inc. has more than a dozen subcontractors in Indonesia, one of which, PT Nikomas Gemilang, based about 100 kilometers west of Jakarta in Serang, employs child workers, he said. (Albion Monitor June 30, 1996 (Albion Monitor)

So far as I can see, nothing much has changed with Nike since 1996. Vince Lombardi's dedication to equality and fairness makes it an outrage that his name might be used by such a company to sell anything. NO ONE should buy Nike products.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't buy the shoes because they don't fit. They only make them in one width, and I need wide shoes. Haven't bought a pair of Nikes, (except my cycling shoes which hurt after about an hour and half of riding) since 1982.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just another good reason not to buy them. Probably costs too much money to make shoes on more than a single last.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts