Nickname Games

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feeling like doggie doo this morning, so I laid on the couch and flip through the channels. Eventually I watched a few minutes of NFL Network. They were showing the greatest five games in Raiders/Chargers history, which was capped by "The Holy Roller" game in 1978. They capped it off by saying that is the only "nickname game" for either team. It made me start thinking....what nickname games have the Packers been a part of?

1. The Ice Bowl
2. The Fail Mary
3. The 4th & 26
4. __________?????

Were there any others? I don't remember a nickname for the '83 Skins/Packers game on Monday Night Football. Is there a nickname for the 1989 Cardiac Pack's instant replay game against the Bears? Antonio Freeman's catch against the Vikings - the "....he did what?!?" call from Al Michaels.

Anything else?

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Feeling like doggie doo this morning, so I laid on the couch and flip through the channels. Eventually I watched a few minutes of NFL Network. They were showing the greatest five games in Raiders/Chargers history, which was capped by "The Holy Roller" game in 1978. They capped it off by saying that is the only "nickname game" for either team. It made me start thinking....what nickname games have the Packers been a part of?

1. The Ice Bowl
2. The Fail Mary
3. The 4th & 26
4. __________?????

Were there any others? I don't remember a nickname for the '83 Skins/Packers game on Monday Night Football. Is there a nickname for the 1989 Cardiac Pack's instant replay game against the Bears? Antonio Freeman's catch against the Vikings - the "....he did what?!?" call from Al Michaels.

Anything else?
Well Ditka called it the Replay Game. He had an asterisk put in the Bears Program Book describing it that because of what he felt was a snow job. And in 1965 the December 12 game in Baltimore was called the Fog Bowl because we beat the Colts in a London Fog environment.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB-48 Skins-47 MNF vs. Washington was the OJ can't add game. I am paraphrasing. Says OJ, "Can you believe they scored 105 points in this game"?

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rinky **** game after the 1964 season. The Packers played the Cardinals in what was called the Playoff Bowl, which was between the 2nd place teams in each conference. Per Lombardi, "it's a rinky **** game played in a rinky **** city by rinky **** teams. That's all second place is - rinky ****".

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
the snow bowl. vs Tampa in '85. Also many other games have that designation but the Tampa one is what I think of.

Reaction score
GB-48 Skins-47 MNF vs. Washington was the OJ can't add game. I am paraphrasing. Says OJ, "Can you believe they scored 105 points in this game"?
I was at that game and remembered I was horse from cheering that night.
6 of us what to a bar until closing and I didn't remember going home.

Those bassards carried me to my front door, leaned me up against the door bell, ran like hell,
while my ma open the door @ 4:15 a.m.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The rinky **** game after the 1964 season. The Packers played the Cardinals in what was called the Playoff Bowl, which was between the 2nd place teams in each conference. Per Lombardi, "it's a rinky **** game played in a rinky **** city by rinky **** teams. That's all second place is - rinky ****".
Vince hated it for sure. We lost that one like 24-17. But it was extra cash back then when salaries were low. I think the year before we beat Cleveland in it and put up 40.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts