nickle to full cornerback?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
?

Roman - Safety
HAwkins - CB

But thats good news. Hawk was a letdown. He had a good camp, then got hurty.

EDIT, NOTE - You CANT take packers.com articles too serious. They lie..a lot.

They said whitticker was a stud, then he got benched. They said Carroll improved, which was a lie. Etc. etc. etc. etc.

Im just saying..be careful!@

OP
OP
P

PackFanatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
just thinkin that maybe... just maybe... he goes from nickle to full time and

no ahmad carroll then he rocks .. or am i off base on that thought?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
my plans of 2006 do not include ahmad carroll at all

I hope TTs dont either.

but i wont bash the man if his plan isnt 100% in sync with mine (like some people on this forum)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carroll inproved over his rookie season IMO...he is fast and hardly ever did anyone beat him..it was just the penalties that killed him..maybe this year he will be better. but I am all for Hawkins to get the job.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do Packer honestly believe Carroll holds receiver more than say the Baltimore, Pittsburch, or New England DB's? Half of Carrolls problem is that he is a punk. Then again he is only 21 years old. I believe Carroll is/was a target for the officials. There were games in which got penalized that I thought were very ticky tack calls. He also did earn quite a few.

When Carroll learns how to read his receiver to know when to look for the ball, the lights will come on for him. Heathie, you are right about his speed.

The last comment I have to make about Carroll is that he is the only rookie that we started at corner in the last 15 years that did not have the luxury of have coach Leroy Butler out there to help him cut his teeth. Who were Carrolls safeties his rookie season, Roman and Sharper. Last year they were Roman and another rookie. How about we give Carroll one more year before we dig his grave!!!!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
Do Packer honestly believe Carroll holds receiver more than say the Baltimore, Pittsburch, or New England DB's? Half of Carrolls problem is that he is a punk. Then again he is only 21 years old. I believe Carroll is/was a target for the officials. There were games in which got penalized that I thought were very ticky tack calls. He also did earn quite a few.

When Carroll learns how to read his receiver to know when to look for the ball, the lights will come on for him. Heathie, you are right about his speed.

The last comment I have to make about Carroll is that he is the only rookie that we started at corner in the last 15 years that did not have the luxury of have coach Leroy Butler out there to help him cut his teeth. Who were Carrolls safeties his rookie season, Roman and Sharper. Last year they were Roman and another rookie. How about we give Carroll one more year before we dig his grave!!!!

I agree, especially with the first part. Al Harris had the same reputation/problem in Philly early in his career.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. Carroll has all the physical skills and he is like Harris in that he is physical at the line, but he has sometimes gone overboard and gotten bad penalties. It can be fixed with good coaching, and becoming more experienced. Last year there were alot of penalties called on him that wouldnt be called on alot of other corners and hopefully that will change. As long as he works hard in practice and in games he should be fine, and if he doesnt work hard then yes the coaches should move him out of the 2 spot and maybe cut him, but you can't just read things about him and decide that he has a bad personality when you don't know.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before you go throwing the guy under the bus I remember watching a bunch of #2's getting burned last year including Da' Bears guys and some others with "great" D's.

I don't recall too many CB's coming out of college that don't struggle for a couple of years.I've stated this before but the college rules for corners is much different than the pro's and it takes time to adjust to the no touch rules in the NFL.

Now that the guy as gotten some experience and looks ready to start paying off many here want to dump the guy.

It won't happen. I think the staff is very aware of the upside of Carroll and we will not see him shipped out any time soon.

Members online

Latest posts