Nick Perry Has Sprained AC Joint - Maybe Available After Bye

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not holding my breath with this guy. Can you say bust?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think i'd label him injured. Injured too often, yes, but I don't use that to qualify someone as a 'bust". I save that label for those guys that just don't have the skills physically or mentally like a ryan Leaf . i think when healthy Perry is obviously a player that can help this team get to where it wants to be.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Bust is spelled "M a n d a r i c h" or "H a r r e l l" I would hardly consider Perry a bust, more like an injury disappointment who may or may not stay healthy enough to reach his potential.

But I was happy to hear the news, we need him down the stretch run of the season for sure.

MrRodgers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, I'm not saying Perry has been great to this point, but he has been outstanding thus far this season. Injured too often, Yes, but our defense needs him this season. He has been a constant steady pressure to the opposing qb

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good news regarding Nick Perry's injury per the JS he has a sprained AC joint and
maybe available after the bye week. He is expected to miss two to four weeks, but
his injury doesn't require surgery.

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/332562292.html?ipad=y

It's a shame he'll miss time, this season has been his best thus far. He had been getting consistent pressure on the quarterback, looked like what we'd hope he'd be when we drafted him.

At least it's not a season-ender. Hopefully he'll return and play at the same level he was playing at before the injury.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sets the best edge against the run from all the linebackers and has provided a steady pass rush. Without even mentioning how subpar his backup is in Mulamba, his importance to this defense cannot be overlooked. Glad we'll hopefully see him again in a few weeks. Just hope it's not a nagging injury like he had last year that limited him.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers injury situation is an epidemic. Last year was a fluke. Who will get hurt this week?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I don't see this year as being much different for us in the injury department. It's a rough game. Seems like every year (for every team) starters and key players are lost for all or part of the season. Losing Jordy before the season even started was a tough pill to swallow, but the Packers are a very good team with good depth and at 5-0, I think we can all say the Packers next man up mentality is working. Obviously a healthy #12 will be the #1 key to our success all year long.

OP
OP
TeamTundra

TeamTundra

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers injury situation is an epidemic. Last year was a fluke. Who will get hurt this week?

Just about every team in the NFL is dealing with injuries. The Rams lost Chris Long for a couple weeks
due to a knee injury. The Cowboys lost their two best playmakers on offense for most of the season.
The Cardinals lost two Lbs this week and needed to sign Dwight Freeney. The Chiefs lost Jamaal
Charles for the year. The Lions may place DeAndre Levy on IR, etc.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just about every team in the NFL is dealing with injuries. The Rams lost Chris Long for a couple weeks
due to a knee injury. The Cowboys lost their two best playmakers on offense for most of the season.
The Cardinals lost two Lbs this week and needed to sign Dwight Freeney. The Chiefs lost Jamaal
Charles for the year. The Lions may place DeAndre Levy on IR, etc.

You're next Patriots!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
That's very good news IMO. I hope they don't hurry him back (or he doesn't hurry himself back) so he's close to 100% when he returns. IMO he had good games against KC and the 49ers and had 1/2 sack against the Rams. With limited snaps he has 3.5 sacks and one forced fumble this season. He's important to the rotation and unfortunately there just may some other injuries as the season progresses.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a personal perspective, it's got to be very frustrating for the kid to know that he can play at this level and contribute positively to a team, but not have a body that can withstand the physical toll.

Looking forward this will factor strongly into Perry's ability to get a decent contract from the Packers or any other team. Nick will probably sport lasting injuries long after his career is done, but may not ever be able to get the financial cushion to deal with those issues.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Perry and Adams are the two we shouldn't hurry back. Let them get as close to 100% as possible. Elliott and others are capable of holding that fort down.

D

Deleted member 6794

Perry and Adams are the two we shouldn't hurry back. Let them get as close to 100% as possible. Elliott and others are capable of holding that fort down.

True, Elliott made a nice catch on the interception vs. the Seahawks. Maybe the coaching staff should think about playing him at receiver. :)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Datone Jones didn't practice today, no news yet on why. Let's hope it isn't anything serious.

Reaction score
I think Nick has progressed into a reasonably solid LB considering being plagued with injuries. He is our answer to losing Eric Walden, another player that wasn't a superstar but developed into nominee for best supporting actor.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
More Patriot news. They lost CB Tarell Brown for the year due to an injury. He is
considered one of their best defensive backs.
Oh well. Life in the NFL.

I would guess that our injury issues are about normal compared to the rest of the league. We haven't been totally bludgeoned like were in the championship season.

D

Deleted member 6794

I think Nick has progressed into a reasonably solid LB considering being plagued with injuries. He is our answer to losing Eric Walden, another player that wasn't a superstar but developed into nominee for best supporting actor.

The difference being that the Packers invested a first-round pick for Perry while picking up Walden from the street.

Members online

Latest posts