Nick Collins

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything new about Nick Collins' health? I assumed his career was over when the Packers released him, but just saw this on his twitter (https://twitter.com/nickdapick36/status/379429537945485312):

Am I missing something here?
If he thinks he can still play then he should have his agent call TT every day until they agree to give him another physical. My suspicion is that he's having trouble coming to grips with the nature of his injury.

OP
OP
RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon

Day Tripper
Reaction score
If he thinks he can still play then he should have his agent call TT every day until they agree to give him another physical. My suspicion is that he's having trouble coming to grips with the nature of his injury.
You're probably right. But man how nice would it be to be able to bring him back in. He's only 30, and we know he has the instincts and physical tools to be an impact safety.

Probably just wishful thinking...

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think the Packers want to play any part of putting him on a football field when they know he has a neck problem and what might happen as a result.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love and miss Nick Collins so much, and will FOREVER be bitter at the Football God for taking this game away from him in the beginning of his prime, from a clean play, whereas head-hunting thugs like DaShon Goldson and Brandon Meriweather's necks are always just fine, even though they launch their heads like missiles.

I don't root for anyone's neck to get hurt.

But why not them instead of Collins?
Where's the justice?

Reaction score
I really miss Collins! I was at the game where he got his injury. I have a photo of him a split second before it happened :cry:
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Click for a bigger view

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know the ins and outs of this kind of injury (does anyone?). But until someone DOES, I don't want to see anyone put at risk. even someone as elite as Nick.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really miss Collins! I was at the game where he got his injury. I have a photo of him a split second before it happened :cry:
Click for a bigger view
Wow great photo, but :eek:(

Now I remember why I was mad at AJ Hawk on that play..... he was nowhere in coverage, and I think he and Woodson pussied out on tackling Stewart, which allowed him to get to Collins way back there.

&$%^#^$#*&%^

Royal Pain

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Click for a bigger view

Judging by the angle of your photo's, it looks like you had some good seats. I was watching the game with my two teenage daughters in the nosebleeds, completely opposite of where this play occurred. I had to use my binoculars to determine who was injured.
It's very sad for Nick that his career ended like this. He was on the verge of stardom and worked hard to become the player he was. I think it's no coincidence the Packers secondary has struggled since he went down with the injury.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he thinks he can play give him a chance. Peyton "forehead" Manning has had multiple neck injuries and is doing just fine. I know they play two different positions but still. Put Nick through a tough physical and if he passes let the guy play...at least start off on special teams. As a grown man he knows the risk.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Not all neck injuries are the same, reguardless of position, you have to tread lightly with neck/spinal injuries. His best bet is to just become a broadcaster.

toolkien

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love and miss Nick Collins so much, and will FOREVER be bitter at the Football God for taking this game away from him in the beginning of his prime, from a clean play, whereas head-hunting thugs like DaShon Goldson and Brandon Meriweather's necks are always just fine, even though they launch their heads like missiles.

I don't root for anyone's neck to get hurt.

But why not them instead of Collins?
Where's the justice?
I think the injury happened because his head was up and he was trying to tackle the modern "correct" way. If he had had his head down, not in a missile sort of way but simply the old school clean way, he probably doesn't get landed on like he did and the compression wouldn't have occurred. Simply another example of the unintended consequences of changes being made. I could buy when spearing went on the books. And when guys are launching themselves like missiles, but to make ANY helmet contact illegal, and make defensemen have to become experts in mechanical physics before they can attempt to tackle is nonsense (as well as inherently subjective and unevenly applied). In the end, if Collins had made a regular tackle from 10 years ago, and MAYBE risk a little helmet to helmet, he gets up from that play and is still playing today.

Reaction score
Judging by the angle of your photo's, it looks like you had some good seats. I was watching the game with my two teenage daughters in the nosebleeds, completely opposite of where this play occurred. I had to use my binoculars to determine who was injured.
It's very sad for Nick that his career ended like this. He was on the verge of stardom and worked hard to become the player he was. I think it's no coincidence the Packers secondary has struggled since he went down with the injury.
Yeah! I got lucky and was sitting 3rd row near the 50 yard line! I'm usually near the top in previous Packers-Panthers games! If you want to see more of my photos, I made a thread on it **HERE** back in 2011 almost 2 years to the day!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Put Nick through a tough physical and if he passes let the guy play...at least start off on special teams. As a grown man he knows the risk.
They did.
Its not something he can rehab. A physical isn't going to tell you anything different than what they already know. Nick is very susceptible to a life threatening injury.

Kudos to the Packers for not taking that responsibility. Nick is a warrior and is willing to run the risk. The fact that no other team reached out to the Probowl player tells me its an obvious situation.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he thinks he can play give him a chance. Peyton "forehead" Manning has had multiple neck injuries and is doing just fine. I know they play two different positions but still. Put Nick through a tough physical and if he passes let the guy play...at least start off on special teams. As a grown man he knows the risk.
Adult or not, sometimes people underestimate the risks when considering something that they badly want.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They did.
Its not something he can rehab. A physical isn't going to tell you anything different than what they already know. Nick is very susceptible to a life threatening injury.

Kudos to the Packers for not taking that responsibility. Nick is a warrior and is willing to run the risk. The fact that no other team reached out to the Probowl player tells me its an obvious situation.

true true....

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Man miss Nick Collins so much the D hasnt been close to the same as when he was playing. Gave the D so much freedom with his range and awareness.

98Redbird

Cheesehead
Reaction score

However, I think if you knew him personally, and loved and cared about him, such as his family/friends/coaches/teammates do, you'd probably feel differently.

To us it's the Packers, we just want to watch them play and win... to others, they call these guys husband, father, son, uncle... It's different for them. It's hard to view the players in that same light, I'm glad the Packers and the 31 other NFL teams are doing that.

Sadly, I do not want to see him playing on a football field again.

Members online

Latest posts