Nick Collins...where was he for the other 14 games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
The last two games saw the Nick Collins we were expecting after his superb rookie season. Especially against the Bears, he was everything you could ask in a safety, simply dominating.

The question I have is: Where was he for the first 14 games of last year?

Did the light finally come on in Collins' head for the final two games?

Was Collins suffering from injuries for the first 14 games, and finally got healthy towards the end? (He did take a nasty fall in the preseason on the sidelines after running out of bounds and trying to stop on a track I believe)

Dare I say it, did Kurt Schott. actually have a couple of weeks of brilliance and figure out how to effectively coach D-Backs?

Or worse, were the performances of the final two weeks just flukes?

Why the sudden change in Collins play, and can he continue it into this season?

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question. I have no idea what the answer is. I was very disappointed in Collins' play up until those last couple games. One thing I disagree with you about is that I didn't see his rookie season as "superb." I thought he played decently and showed potential as a rookie, but he was not outstanding. I am hoping to see Collins emerge as a true playmaker this season, beginning in week one. It's time for him to live up to his potential.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Where was Nick Collins? Chasing after the guy that that Manuel let go by... You try that for a season and you'll be tired too!

Seriously I don't know, however, I do believe that playing Manuel in coverage is a mistake. If Manuel is still on our field next season he should be the automatic eighth man in the box. Let Collins play coverage only behind. Manuel.

A better solution would be to get rid of Marquand. I would like to see Collins lined up with a compentent fellow safety.

Bruce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A better solution would be to get rid of Marquand. I would like to see Collins lined up with a competent fellow safety.

Send Marquand to Special Teams and let him return to his career backup status -- where he rates far better.

I agree about giving Collins a competent Safety to play along side him, and perhaps a competent DB coach to go with him.

Washington was in charge of the CB and they seemed to play pretty well, So Kurt what is the excuse????

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Timmons said:
A better solution would be to get rid of Marquand. I would like to see Collins lined up with a competent fellow safety.

Send Marquand to Special Teams and let him return to his career backup status -- where he rates far better.

I agree about giving Collins a competent Safety to play along side him, and perhaps a competent DB coach to go with him.

Washington was in charge of the CB and they seemed to play pretty well, So Kurt what is the excuse????

Agreed, Lionel I thinks does a good job in the secondary, I am all in favor of the FireSchott petition :)

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we all know that isn't happening. hopefully, like the rest of the defense, it won't take 12-14 weeks for them to start playing well.

mi_keys

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins was solid in run protection throughout the year but I agree he did not live up to expectations in the passing game until the end of the season. He needs to be coached. He has outrageous speed and athleticism for a safety and he tackles well. If he is coached up properly I believe he'll be the playmaker we're all hoping he will be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts