Nick Collins, potential NFL GREAT

armand34

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was watching this video last night and it made me kind of sad. This guy was well on his way to being a potential GREAT. In my opinion, during his career, he was in easy top 3 Safety behind only Reed & Polamalu. Almost 4 years have gone by since and I think the Packers are almost on their way in being comfortable in the Safety position. He left a huge void in our D. I still feel the majority of our Defensive Problems came from losing Nick Collins #36 in 2011.

For those who haven't seen it, enjoy the video.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Mike peterson

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ya he was definitely one of the best! Imagine if he was healthy how many great years he would have given us! Thanks for sharing the video it brings back lots of great memories!!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was awesome and still getting better I think. He could cover so much ground back there, had great instincts and hands and he could be covering 15 yards off the LOS or more and fly up to stuff the run before they gained 3 yards. He was a game changer that's for sure. Rare combination of speed and strength.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Almost 4 years have gone by since and I think the Packers are almost on their way in being comfortable in the Safety position.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

This pretty much sums it up for me, and I agree too. I think HHCD and Morgan are a nice duo for the future but that fact that it's taken this long to figure it out just goes to show how good he was, and how things can change like that in this game and that you need to be prepared for anything.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved this guy....and for the longest time (talking years....) the photo of him on his knees in the endzone for the SB was my wallpaper with the caption "We Await Your Return"....man it was a sad day when I had to take those words off. Dude was epic and don't hate me when I say I truly feel given a full career would have eclipsed Woodson as our best recent DB.

Much love Nick, may you live a long and happy life.

Reaction score
Hall of Fame potential? We'll never know but there's no doubt he was an elite player.

How unlucky we were to lose him and Finley so suddenly in relatively quick succession.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Collins would be playing for us today I'd imagine. He'd be headed into year 10 wouldn't he? Anyway, he was on his way to a HOF career no doubt. Sad sad sad. Sometimes its just not meant to be.

Members online

Latest posts