1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Nick Collins....Leroy Butler

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by tromadz, Sep 9, 2005.

1. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    First off, I am not really comparing Collins to Butler. Nick hasn't played 1 regular season snap yet, i know.

BUT Ted Thompson purposely gave him #36 for a reason. He said he didn't just want any player to get #36.

Now I like Collins..A lot. I have a bit of a man-crush on him(in a non gay way), but I am not sure about the Butler comparisons.

Do you think Collins can become the next Butler? I have high hopes..but I dont know.

2. PackerTraxx

PackerTraxx Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Obviously, Mr. TT is very high on Collins. If he can have that good of a career we're in great shape at his saftey spot for a long time. Think of how valuable it is to a team to not have to worry about a position for ten or so years.

3. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    When I found out the Ravens GM personally called TT to congratulate him on the selection of Nick Collins, since they were set to take him 3 spots later. They told TT he had gotten himself one heck of a player. Now that coming from a team that knows a thing or two about drafting DB's made my think that this Collins kid might just be alright. Well a TC later, he has down right impressed me. I think he will bring the tools Leroy brought to the Pack as a safety, ad go about the game in a respectful manner. I think he will do just fine.

On another note, as IPBPrez posted an article calling Ted Thompson "The Terminator", I just think thats a wonderful name for him. Or perhaps "The Tedinator". Maybe its just me, but I for one prefer if TT became "The Terminator". From now on, I intend to refer to him as one of the two nicks mentioned above. I just think there too good not to use. :D

4. IPBprez

IPBprez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +5
    THE TED-INATOR

Coming soon.... to a theatre near you! :twisted: j/k
    Good nickname - it could spread and the fans would take to it pretty quickly....
    I'm pretty sure Ted hopes not, tho'...

5. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is sort of on a tangent, but when my sister went to the preseason game against the Patriots a couple weeks ago, she and her friend were outside the stadium before the game and some white-haired guy rode his bicycle through the parking lot and right into the tunnel. My sister and her friend did a double-take. It was Ted Thompson.

6. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :shock: Hey the TEDINATOR is one heck of a person who loves the pack and is passionate about his jobs. Great to hear though! But hey if I go to a Packers game in Lambeau, maybe I will see him too! :D