1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Collins And Entire Defense Has Stepped Up Their Game.

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackerLegend, Jan 1, 2007.

1. PackerLegend

PackerLegend Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nick collins has really come into a zone these last 3 games and has played very very well I hope this is a sign of the future. Our Defense has also played amazing well the last 3 games forcing 10 turnovers and 11 sacks. They gave up no 9 points to the Lions, 0 to the Queens because the 7 points they got was off an int, and 7 to the Bears. Are Defense is turning a corner doing things we all (well most thought) they would do in the beinging of the season.

Pick For 6 Collins Also another pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Charles Woodson pick #8 ( was robbed of probowl)
    AJ Hawk pick # 2
    Dendy Pick for 6

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NICK COLLINS IS MY HERO!!! C-WOOD SHOULD BE IN THE PROWBOWL

PICK 6 ALL DAY BY GB!!!!!!!

3. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Re: Nick Collins And Entire Defense Has Stepped Up Their Gam

What really matters is what we did to the Bears. Now, nobody can deny our D is okay against solid teams. The Bears still might represent the NFC in the SB (and lose horribly). It would be nice to beat the SB loser two years in a row (and ironically, the last game of the year each time).

4. slackerbacker

slackerbacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I'm not a MS fan or apologist, but I think far too many forget what the DL has achieved this year and that Kampy, Jenkins, KGB, and now Cory Williams were a few of his picks who have come thru and are now making plays. Add Barnett and Al Harris to that list and it's hardly the cap hell poor talent evaluator many like to site.

It all starts in the trenches and I think it's the DL's play that has really turned things around and may deserve a little more recognition.

5. Cory

Cory Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

It was definitely cap hell and KGB had to be benched this year(ironically when the D started to turn it around eh?) but kampy, jenkins, and williams were all good spots by Sherman I'll give him that...

I would give a ton of credit to Carl Hairstone the D-line coach. Our Dline has NEVER played this well not since the days of Reggie, Sean, Gilbert, and Santana.

6. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It was great to see Collins finish the season so strongly. His poor play had been a sore spot with me all season. Now I can say that we only need to get ONE safety in the off-season (to replace Manuel), so that Thompson can focus more attention on other positions.

7. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

KGB was drafted by Ron Wolf. Jenkins was a free agents. So Kampman and Corey Williams were his picks and overall those 2 + Wells and Barnett have been all that we've gotten. 4 out of 26 is still awful.

Harris trade IMO was the best move he made. Hopefully Harris gets paid this year and is allowed to stay because unlike Mike McKenzie, Harris came to play.