Nick Barnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's claiming 'harrassment' from the GB police and discrimination from the city of Green Bay over his liquor license nonrenewal.

Does anyone think that this stuff will weigh heavily on whether or not he re-signs with the Packers? I would hate to see this guy leave because I think he's going to be one of the best in the very near future.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
depends how things work out. As players will tell you, "this is a business."

OP
OP
NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope the city and police don't get in the way of him having a long and productive career in a GB Packer uniform...

I know it's a business but, without living in GB to truly know, it sounds like Barnett has a solid argument (especially over this jaywalking warning thing).

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NDPackerFan said:
He's claiming 'harrassment' from the GB police and discrimination from the city of Green Bay over his liquor license nonrenewal.

Does anyone think that this stuff will weigh heavily on whether or not he re-signs with the Packers? I would hate to see this guy leave because I think he's going to be one of the best in the very near future.

Yes and it will affect other free agents that we may want to sign. The City needs to squash this thing as soon as possible, for the sake of the Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
if he has a legit argument, everything will be settled.

i bet he doesnt though. these guys dont go from jocks to super-intelligent business operators.

I hope it all works out though, I like Barnett.

chibiabos

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:twisted: Yeah! An overzealous cop gives a warning to a guy who wasn't jay-walking whikle the TV guys who did J-walk get no ticket! One could say that alone is discriminatory! Wouildn't surprise me if GB had a whole division of overzealous cops. Would you sign with GB if you were a Black man and read all this ********? I wouldn't! Here's a Packer trying to live in small town USA; starts a business and lives there off-season. personally if i were him I'd sell the business and re-locate to someplace a bit more amicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts