1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Barnett

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NDPackerFan, Jun 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    He's claiming 'harrassment' from the GB police and discrimination from the city of Green Bay over his liquor license nonrenewal.

Does anyone think that this stuff will weigh heavily on whether or not he re-signs with the Packers? I would hate to see this guy leave because I think he's going to be one of the best in the very near future.

2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    depends how things work out. As players will tell you, "this is a business."

3. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I hope the city and police don't get in the way of him having a long and productive career in a GB Packer uniform...

I know it's a business but, without living in GB to truly know, it sounds like Barnett has a solid argument (especially over this jaywalking warning thing).

4. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

Yes and it will affect other free agents that we may want to sign. The City needs to squash this thing as soon as possible, for the sake of the Packers.

5. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    if he has a legit argument, everything will be settled.

i bet he doesnt though. these guys dont go from jocks to super-intelligent business operators.

I hope it all works out though, I like Barnett.

6. chibiabos

chibiabos Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    :twisted: Yeah! An overzealous cop gives a warning to a guy who wasn't jay-walking whikle the TV guys who did J-walk get no ticket! One could say that alone is discriminatory! Wouildn't surprise me if GB had a whole division of overzealous cops. Would you sign with GB if you were a Black man and read all this bullshit? I wouldn't! Here's a Packer trying to live in small town USA; starts a business and lives there off-season. personally if i were him I'd sell the business and re-locate to someplace a bit more amicable.

7. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually there was a similar discussion going on HERE.

Please keep all related posts in that thread. :)

*LOCKED*
    :locked:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.