Nick Barnett

ratso

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer fans:

Bills fan here looking to see if there is anything left in the tank. Bills looking to see if Barnett and Merriman can find the fountain of middle age. At least we don't have to worry about character with Barnett.

Congratulations on a fantastic season

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't know. 2009 Barnett played really well, but only after week 6 or so, as he was recovering from injury.

Barnett is excellent in space, he's fast, has good coverage skills, and is a really good blitzer. He struggles making tackles sometimes, and getting off blocks. But overall, the late 2009 Barnett was still a very good, pro bowl caliber player.

The problem is, the last 3 years he has played sparsely, with a multitude of injuries, particularly on the knees. And he's 30.

He was always one of my favorite players, and if he's healthy and still has a little left in the tank, you guys are getting a great player.

The other problem with Barnett is that he tends to talk a lot without thinking too much. We had one incidence with the photographs prior to the SB.

But he's a good teammate, he was advocating for his fellow IR guys. He's definitely a lockerroom leader, and a great teammate. He is just impulsive and that can put management sometimes in a tough spot.

Much like with Al Harris and Aaron Kampman, Barnett was a fan favorite, and I will cheer for him with you guys!

PackAttackUK

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if he stays healthy, he still has a bit left in him. He'll probably be out to prove those wrong who think he may be done.

I wish him luck for the future though, he's a good leader-like character who will be missed.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He lost me when he took to twitter to air his grievance about the Super Bowl photo rather than going to his captains.

As for his play on the field, it's worth pointing out Hawk actually had a much better season playing along side Bishop than playing alongside Barnett. Barnett is decent as a linebacker, meaning he's not terrible, but he's not great either. You can expect consistent and solid play out of him, but he won't win a game for you like Ray Lewis or Clay Matthews..

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was a fan favorite type of player.... Plus if u 'like' following ppl on twitter this guys for you!

ppl in gb just kind of got sick of him.... it seemed after his "incident" @ the club that he started losing face with fans.

He'll be a good player for the Bills. I think Buffalo was the worst team vs opposing TE's and 56 could help there.

Merriman on the other hand..... who knows about that dude

Maybe they could motivate each other to see who has the most annoying dance moves after 7 yard runs by the opp. team.

goodluck

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer fans have never seemed to fully embrace him. But I have always been a fan. Have met him numberous times and he has always been a class act.

I dont know how much he has in the tank though. He might get you by for a year or two.

GBPack2010

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's still solid in my opinion. Assuming no injuries, you guys just improved your LB corps.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is one of my favorites and I will miss him here. If he is healthy and remains healthy, you guys got a good player who will help your Bills out. In the worst, he will be a good mentor to some of your guys. Good luck to the Bills! I'll be cheering for Barnett through you guys!

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why do people come to this forum and ask us personal questions about players? It's not like we're working with the team here. (I could be wrong I'm still new around.)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a war of words coming from Nick or the Packers about Nick now he is with the Bills?

Heard just tail end of something on Milwaukee sports radio today indicating something was going on in the press?

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He wasnt happy they gave away his number so quickly, but thats the type of person he is, thats why the team photo was personal to him.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a war of words coming from Nick or the Packers about Nick now he is with the Bills?

Heard just tail end of something on Milwaukee sports radio today indicating something was going on in the press?

I haven't heard of anything. I don't see anything on his Twitter either. I hope it's nothing bad, I love Barnett and wish him well!!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

This is what I found on jsonline..They were talking about it again today on the radio

Barnett ran the huddle much the same way he played: emotionally.
"With A.J. calling the plays, it was a little bit more relaxed," said Bishop, adding that Hawk's style was no more effective than Barnett's intense approach.

"But when you're a young player like myself and you have somebody like A.J. commanding the defense with composure, it keeps you composed," nose tackle B.J. Raji said. "If they're driving on us, A.J. is the same way as if we're shutting them down. That allows you to just continue to play."

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what I found on jsonline..They were talking about it again today on the radio

I don't think that's any complain about Barnett. It's just a fact. He didn't say Hawk calls it better, he just said Hawk is more centered, and Nick is more emotional...

One of the most emotional guys in the league is Ray Lewis and he's widely regarded as a great playcaller and leader.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Barnett was a very good player and a fan favorite.

With that being said, Desmond Bishop is a better linebacker. Bishop is a sure tackler and actually stayed on the field last year. Barnett had a high cap number and was more of a luxery then a need.

Members online

Latest posts