Nick Barnett

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy was possessed this Sunday! I know there's been talk of moving him to his natural position, weak-side LB. Any thoughts on that now? The guy looks like he could be the middle linebacker that Sherman thought he would be when he drafted him! I can't figure him out though...seems like he disappears in certain games and then looks like the best player on the field in other games. Talented beyond belief and I hope he realizes how to put it together in every game. Could he be heading into Urlacher level???

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was thinking about this before the game yesterday and thinking about how after his rookie year we all thought he might turn out to be an impact player. But he seems to be only a pretty decent player who occasionally makes some great plays. I do wonder what he'd be like playing outside.

ChuckSTG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Depends, if he can stay consistant then keep him there. He has the speed that bates wants in a linebacker, but seems to be a hot and cold player as well and has a tendency to disappear in games. his rookie year was his best, he almost won Defensive Rookie of hte year.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it depends on whether the other Team has someone to focus on 'blowin' him off his read and specific tackles.. He's somewhat obvious about his routes, sorta like a rookie QB who stares down his wideouts... I don't think wearin' a sun visor would hide it away, either. Let's hope he reviews the film this week and sees more than himself just out there havin' a good game - needs to take away some bigger positives than just that.... We'll need him to be bigger and better than Darren Sharper, on MNF - Sharper also had one of those great games, yesterday... Course, Darren may have spent his *** yesterday, too - with him, ya just never know.

Members online

Latest posts