Nick Barnett Released From Bills

Should the packers take a look at Nick Barnett in 2013?

• Yes

Votes: 11 40.7%
  • No

Votes: 16 59.3%

• Total voters

Rodgers_Forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nick's always been a strong tackler, something we seemed to miss dearly this past year, especially in the middle. Any thoughts on re-signing our old buddy?

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I think my new battle cry is going to be "For the Minimum!" I shall yell it every time I charge into the fray.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
I'd sign him for a fair price. With all our issues at ILB he'd be a good investment. If nothing else for his tackling ability.

UpDownEndAround

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's not a good investment for us at all. He's not going to play for the minimum, and he's someone on the downside of his career. I think a lot of people have forgotton we play nearly the whole season without both Desmond Bishop and DJ Smith...we need at least one roster spot for a new LB via the draft as well.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Assuming they bring back Hawk, I don't think there will be room. It will already be crowded with Hawk, Bishop, and DJ Smith. Good chance they draft another, and I doubt they will give up on Terrell Manning already. Even if you assume neither of Francois or Jones is back there just may not be a spot open.

H

HardRightEdge

Nick Barnett was never a smart football player. I cannot tell you how many times his first step was the wrong step. He couldn't read offensive formations; another one of those great athletes who turned out to be a not so great football player. He patched over his deficiencies with speed, but it was just a patch. You could consistently sucker him with misdirection.

Put him one-on-one with Bryon Westbrook all over the field, where he didn't have to know what was going on in the offense or defense, and looked like an All Pro. Ask him to play read-and-react linebacker...not even close. He might have made a fine strong safety in a predominantly man defense. He should have been in Oakland.

The word is he sucked all the air out of the room in position meetings. A real pain in the a** preparation-wise.

With injuries and age, he's lost a step or two, which might explain why he's dropped to 228 lbs. His chief virtue is mostly exhausted.

The Bills were 30th in the league at 5.0 yards per carry surrendered.

I was happy to see him go. I'd be very disappointed to see him back.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had a strong year last year but is TERRIBLE in coverage. No thanks, I hope he succeeds somewhere though. I like him, not sure why but I always cheer for him and hope he finds a good place that works for him.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Won Sb with out him..Our def got better with him gone

Bills dont want him, that alone should be enough information for anyone to know

When I heard he was gone from there, I thought to myself...how long before a thread is made on getting him..Took about 5 minutes

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score

When I heard he was gone from there, I thought to myself...how long before a thread is made on getting him..Took about 5 minutes

Agree x1000000000 ...If TT took advice from this board, we would never get back to the super bowl again.

H

HardRightEdge

I'm still waiting on a Chris Canty thread.

H

HardRightEdge

Agree x1000000000 ...If TT took advice from this board, we would never get back to the super bowl again.

Some of us are advising against. On any issue there are opposing views on these forums, so depending on how you look at, we're always right! :eek:

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
I do, but I opted to post in the FA thread instead of adding a new thread. He did a workout for us years ago.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? People want another 4th & 26 opportunity? He never got smarter after that play, just older and slower

H

HardRightEdge

Thought he wanted to be signed WITHOUT working out

One version of the story I've read didn't even mention a workout; it said he wouldn't even come in for a meeting without a deal on the table.

Canty is a Bronx boy; coming to Green Bay might have seemed like moving to a foreign land. With an offer from NYG and chance to return home possibly in the works already, he may have been trying to communicate his lack of interest, unless the offer was outrageous.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts