Nice bit of reality

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
net..

All i've got to say is...

What a bunch of horse-**** this is....

Every year people say there's no on better out there...and every year the "better" coaches go to places like Cincinnati, Chicago, Tampa Bay, etc..etc...

While Mr. Mediocrity stays in GB....

What a f***ing joke!

And why break up the beautiful SherRossley chemistry that's been built up over the years? Do you think Sherman will be able to perform with out his pet hump...Tom Rossley?

Why fiddle f*** around...the writing is on the wall...First they take away his GM duties...Now there going after his coaching staff...and this is supposed to be a GOOD HC....

I say fire lame *** and get rid of his stench and ineptitude once and for all...

"Offensive coordinator Tom Rossley said no one has even hinted to him or Sherman that there would be major changes in the off-season if Sherman remains the head coach, and he said he didn't see a need for them. He said the numerous injuries the Packers have suffered this season are the biggest reason why the offense hasn't lived up to expectations.
"The last five years I think we've had the best rushing year in Packers history, some of the best scoring years, productive years offensively," Rossley said. "We've sent five people to the Pro Bowl. I'm proud of what we've done.
"Do we need help scheme-wise? No, I don't think so."

and Net..this GUY is TOTALLY DELUSIONAL...

Rossley doesn't "see a need" for changes....

You SUCK Rossley...we all see it...and don't care what you see or don't see..

"To bring someone in from another organization who's not done more than we have done. . . ," Rossley said. "If somebody has done more than we have and better than we have, you can understand that. But to bring someone in who hasn't performed to the level that we have, then it doesn't make a lot of sense."

What would that be Tom?

Your tremendous 2-4 record in the playoffs..the fact that you turned Lambeau field into a joke?

If you people go along with this thinking...you are more delusional then they are...

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I read Rossley's comments and it reeked of a guy trying to defend what cannot be defended....his offense is stat rich but falls apart under further examination as they wash out of every big game they have faced.

I agree...the words of a guy hearing footsteps as the OC position is in need of big change.

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What Rossely should be doing is looking at what he and Sherman didn't do with all this talent on offense. Why in the world does this team come out flat every game? Why, with all this talent, does it take them five games during the regular season before things start clicking?

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman and Rossley, by my estimation, are methodical over-thinkers who always fear the worst and play to avoid it at all costs. As a result, we never get the players best, because the coaches priority is to scheme to avoid the worst.

Sherman/Rossley scheme passive and scared and NEVER challenge defenses....even when we had sick talent on O that could not be matched up with by our opponents...these two call it not to lose.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT brings back Sherman, he will probably get rid of some of the assistants which hopefully include Tom Rossely and the QB Coach Bevell. I can't hardly stand to watch the same plays called over and over with same results. The Packers have become quite predictable and predictability on offense is almost a guarantee for failure.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think Sherman will quit if they get rid of his love...Tom Rossley.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
net..

"Why fiddle f*** around...the writing is on the wall...First they take away his GM duties...Now there going after his coaching staff...and this is supposed to be a GOOD HC...."

Isn't this EXACTLY what happened to your boy, Holmgren? I mean EXACTLY!! How is that working out?

I'm not going to defend Sherman to you because you don't really pay attention to what others have to say. And because I'm ready to throw the whole offensive scheme in the garbage. I think they need a whole new playbook. If they have to get rid of Sherman so be it. I will say this though. Living away from Green Bay I hear what fans of a bunch of other teams are saying. "How could Sherman be on the hot seat, after going 9-7, 12-4, 12-4, 10-6, 10-6 and now this season?" Other fans who don't follow the team as closely as we do think Packer fans are out of their minds to even be considering getting rid of Sherman after one injury filled losing season.

My answer to them is....I just give them Pack66's phone number...

Chamuko

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sherman might have a nice record in the worst divison of the NFL, but THE FACT IS THAT HE LOST THE IMPORTANT GAMES, and now he lost this team.

I would really be happy if he gets canned along with Rossley, and then we will be ready to see how many offers he gets from other teams and how good he really is if he gets to be HC again..

I am with you 100% 66, and I really tought I would have never been with you 100% if it wasnt for Sherossley..

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:
Sherman might have a nice record in the worst divison of the NFL, but THE FACT IS THAT HE LOST THE IMPORTANT GAMES, and now he lost this team.

Third worst, thank you very much.

TOPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chamuko said:

This is BS. Mike Sherman has not lost this team. I don't know how you could have watched how hard those guys played on Christmas and still think that. The fact is, like nearly every game this season, we had a chance to win that one (if not for Brett missing a wide open Driver in the end zone and Longwell missing two field goals we likely would have won). You can say all you want about Sherman's coaching, there's lots to like and lots to dislike, but I don't think anyone can say he's lost this team.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LOST this team. Apparently they don't show the games on TV in Mexico. Even 66 would have to admit that he hasn't lost this team.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Change may not be better
Improving on Sherman could prove difficult
By TOM SILVERSTEIN
[email protected]
Posted: Dec. 26, 2005

Green Bay - If Green Bay Packers general manager Ted Thompson is thinking seriously about firing head coach Mike Sherman after the season, one of the things he'll likely consider most is whether he can find someone better to replace him.

According to the estimates of several National Football League executives, there could be more than a half-dozen vacancies due to firings and retirement after this season. Because there were just three coaching changes last off-season - four fewer than the average per year from 2001-'04 - most people expect this to be a year of heavy turnover.

One high-level NFL club official said his discussions with other officials led him to believe there could be 10 changes.

Other than Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz and possibly Southern California coach Pete Carroll, there are no blockbuster candidates in waiting, and the list of well-known NFL assistant coaches groomed for the move up appears shorter than ever. Thus, the market could be very thin for a team trying to do better than a coach who has a six-year record of 58-43 and has won three division titles.

"There will be more vacancies than qualified people," said another club official. "It's going to be a horse race."

There aren't many people who can claim they know exactly what Thompson is thinking as the Packers near the end of what could be their worst season since 1958. The Packers' first-year general manager is extremely private and still is figuring out whom he can trust inside the organization.

But several people inside and outside the organization say Thompson is well-aware that his options are limited in finding someone better than Sherman. The fact the Packers played with as much emotion and effort as they have all season in a 24-17 loss to the Chicago Bears on Sunday certainly showed Sherman has not lost this team despite a 3-12 record.

Coming off a horrendous performance against Baltimore on "Monday Night Football," in which they were blown out for the only time this season, the Packers responded with a spirited effort against the NFC North champion Bears.

Sherman has to deserve some credit for that. He said Monday that motivating his team each week has been one of his most difficult tasks this season, but it is something he has refused to lose sight of.

"When you go out that tunnel there is a belief system that you're going to give everything you have to win the game," Sherman said. "That is the coach's job and I take that part seriously.

"You can't just flip it on going out of that tunnel; you've got to be ready to go through the course of that week."

Thompson has refused to discuss his plans for Sherman with reporters and did not return a phone message Monday.

It is known among some members of the organization that Thompson still has a high opinion of quarterback Brett Favre even though Favre is in the midst of his worst season. Through 15 games, Favre has thrown a career-high 28 interceptions, and if he throws two more would become the first quarterback since Vinny Testaverde in 1988 to throw at least 30 in a season.

Only Indianapolis' Peyton Manning, during his rookie season of 1998, has thrown as many interceptions as Favre since Testaverde threw his 35 in '88.

Those who know Thompson say he is concerned about some of the desperation heaves Favre has thrown and what has prompted him to make them so often. Other teams concerned about their quarterback play have changed coordinators or added additional coaches they thought would add a fresh outlook.

Most recently, Baltimore coach Brian Billick fired offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh and hired former New York Giants coach Jim Fassel to help in Kyle Boller's development. He also added former college head coach Rick Neuheisel to be his quarterbacks coach.

In New York, Jets offensive coordinator Paul Hackett was replaced by Tennessee offensive coordinator Mike Heimerdinger last January to help Chad Pennington. And the Chicago Bears fired offensive coordinator Terry Shea this past off-season and hired former Illinois head coach Ron Turner.

There have been plenty of examples of teams keeping head coaches but forcing them to make sweeping changes in their assistant coaching staffs. No better one was when Seattle coach Mike Holmgren reluctantly cleaned house on defense the same year he was stripped of his general manager duties.

Three years later, the Seahawks have the best record in the NFC and are guaranteed home-field advantage in the playoffs.

Offensive coordinator Tom Rossley said no one has even hinted to him or Sherman that there would be major changes in the off-season if Sherman remains the head coach, and he said he didn't see a need for them. He said the numerous injuries the Packers have suffered this season are the biggest reason why the offense hasn't lived up to expectations.

"The last five years I think we've had the best rushing year in Packers history, some of the best scoring years, productive years offensively," Rossley said. "We've sent five people to the Pro Bowl. I'm proud of what we've done.

"Do we need help scheme-wise? No, I don't think so."

It's been widely speculated that fired Detroit coach and former Packers assistant Steve Mariucci would be an ideal candidate to inject new life into the offense, especially given his close relationship with Favre. According to a source, Mariucci spoke with a member of the organization last week, but it was on behalf of Michigan State basketball coach Tom Izzo, who wanted his team to visit the Packers facility while in town to play UW-Green Bay.

Mariucci's agent said he would not comment on whether his client had been contacted by the Packers or anyone else.

Even though Mariucci is a logical choice, there are many other options if Thompson decides he wants to shake things up. The number of coaching changes will mean a great number of assistant coaches will be available for hiring, although it would require a significant financial investment to recruit the best ones.

Since arriving in Green Bay, Sherman and his offensive staff have led the team to offensive rankings of 15th, sixth, 12th, fourth and third before falling to 18th with one week to go in this season. But their handling of Favre also will be considered.

"To bring someone in from another organization who's not done more than we have done. . . ," Rossley said. "If somebody has done more than we have and better than we have, you can understand that. But to bring someone in who hasn't performed to the level that we have, then it doesn't make a lot of sense."

Members online

Latest posts