NFL's top free agents at every position

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is a list of top free agents at each position. The list likely will change by the time free agency starts March 2, because, for instance, the Colts are expected to put their franchise tag on defensive end Dwight Freeney.

Also, restricted free agents — designated as RFA on the list — could be offered a second-round tender, a first-round tender or a first- and third-round tender, which means any team signing them would have to give up even higher draft picks if the original team doesn’t match.

Some quality players also might get cut before free agency begins for salary-cap reasons as well.

Quarterbacks

1. Matt Schaub, Atlanta (RFA, 3rd round)
2. Jeff Garcia, Philadelphia
3. Damon Huard, Kansas City
4. Tim Rattay, Tampa Bay
5. Marques Tuiasosopo, Oakland

Running backs

1. Michael Turner, San Diego (RFA, 5th round)
2. Jamal Lewis, Baltimore
3. Ahman Green, Green Bay
4. Dominic Rhodes, Indianapolis
5. Ron Dayne, Houston

Receivers

1. Donte Stallworth, Philadelphia
2. Drew Bennett, Tennessee
3. Kevin Curtis, St. Louis
4. Ashley Lelie, Atlanta
5. D.J. Hackett, Seattle (RFA, 5th round)

Tight ends

1. Daniel Graham, New England
2. Jerramy Stevens, Seattle
3. Ben Utecht, Indianapolis (RFA, undrafted)
4. Mike Seidman, Carolina
5. Eric Johnson, San Francisco

Tackles

1. Leonard Davis, Arizona
2. Marc Colombo, Dallas
3. Sean Locklear, Seattle (RFA, 3rd round)
4. Jon Stinchcomb, New Orleans
5. Damion McIntosh, Miami

Guards

1. Eric Steinbach, Cincinnati
2. Kris Dielman, San Diego
3. Andre Gurode, Dallas
4. Jake Scott, Indianapolis (RFA, 5th round)
5. Derrick Dockery, Washington

Centers

1. Al Johnson, Dallas
2. Hank Fraley, Cleveland
3. Kendyl Jacox, Miami
4. Alex Steponovich, Arizona (RFA, 4th round)
5. Cory Withrow, Minnesota

Defensive ends

1. Dwight Freeney, Indianapolis
2. Jared Allen, Kansas City (RFA, 4th round)
3. Justin Smith, Cincinnati
4. Patrick Kerney, Atlanta
5. Charles Grant, New Orleans

Defensive tackles

1. Ian Scott, Chicago
2. Cory Redding, Detroit
3. Vonnie Holliday, Miami
4. Randy Starks, Tennessee (RFA, 3rd round)
5. Terdell Sands, Oakland

Linebackers

1. Lance Briggs, Chicago
2. Adalius Thomas, Baltimore
3. Shaun Phillips, San Diego (RFA, 4th round)
4. London Fletcher, Buffalo
5. Cato June, Indianapolis

Cornerbacks

1. Nate Clements, Buffalo
2. Asante Samuel, New England
3. Nick Harper, Indianapolis
4. David Macklin, Arizona
5. Kenny Wright, Washington

Safeties

1. Ken Hamlin, Seattle
2. Michael Lewis, Philadelphia
3. Gibril Wilson, N.Y. Giants (RFA, 5th round)
4. Deon Grant, Jacksonville
5. Terrance Holt, Detroit

Kickers

1. Josh Brown, Seattle
2. Rian Lindell, Buffalo

Punter

1. Matt Turk, St. Louis

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you for this post Zero,

This will give me a little project for my free time after church tomorrow.

I did notice the Packers have only ONE top free agent listed. # 3 ranked Free Agent at the position.

Chicago has TWO and both are # 1 free agents at their position.

The Vikes have ONE a # 5

Detroit has TWO. A #2 and a #5 ranked player in the free aget best available list.

RP

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's definately resign Ahman Green...and take a good look at the Seattle FA...because "Teddy Boy" was from Seattle.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
agreed, we should resign green and get a te with out a doubt.

what do you guys think about getting Nate Clements? i think hes pretty good.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's definately resign Ahman Green...and take a good look at the Seattle FA...because "Teddy Boy" was from Seattle.

Trom brings up a very good point.

Trom wrote: "Cliff your bitterness makes me uncomfortable."

The first thing I noticed in this post was the term "Teddy Boy" That may be bitterness, or disrespect calling someone boy. It may mean child-like, or below me.

Cliff,

Why do you call him "Teddy Boy?" and not T.T, Or Ted. I am just curious.

That is the only question I am asking you.

The question is very simple. Why do you call him "Teddy Boy."

No reporter I have read has called him "Teddy Boy" ESPN has never called him "Teddy Boy" No CBS, ABC, or NBC station has ever called him "Teddy Boy"

Is it your own name for him?

Do you call Brett "Brett Boy"? Do you call your son "Boy Boy"? Do you call your dog "Dog Boy"?

Seriously I am just wondering, and trying to figure this out.

I just can not figure out "Teddy Boy"

Cliff, The most import thing I want to ask you is what do you think the Defen

Oh ****... Gotta run... The 'Pizza Boy" is at the door.

R.P.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watch this ladies and gentlemen!

I prefer 'Teddy Boy' over 'TT' ... who want to be called a teetee?

ROFLMAO

Patrick Pass a very small RB for the Patriots last year, only played in three games last year and had 6 attempts with a 3.5 Average.

On the Patriots forum do they call him "P.P."

Do they type "P.P." would make it if he was bigger? If "P.P." had more size he could hit the hole?

Ok I am going to bed.

Zero just made me laugh.

RP

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
as far as people I want to possibly sign:

-Mike Turner would be amazing in GB, but yes, I know its not likely. I hope we can re-sign Ahman again for another 1 year relatively cheap contract like Teddy Boy managed last year

David Macklin would be a solid nickelback and spot starter when Woodson gets hurt (Which is like 8 plays a game,lol). Its just that we need CB depth. Al is getting old, and Charles can be injury prone. When healthy theyre great though.

Any of the WRs would be nice, cheap of course. If anyone expects Teddy Boy to sign one of these guys to a big contract, they're fooling themselves. The WR free agent class is horrible.

I know we need another safety, but I am not sure\convinced a FA pickup will answer it. I'd rather have Culver\Underwood\draftpick(or FA if we must) fight for the spot.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Doss just negated the final year of his contract. Don't know why he didn't make the list...

And I'd give my left nut to see Asante Samuel in Green & Gold

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Because Mike Doss sucks.

Eric Johnson and Patrick Kerney/Justin Smith look like solid prospective pickups Forget Daniel Graham.

Michael Turner and Gibril Wilson are also players with more upside than downside, but I don't see Thompson giving up any of his precious draft picks. He uses them as ammo to get... more draft picks.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:

Trom brings up a very good point.

Trom wrote: "Cliff your bitterness makes me uncomfortable."

The first thing I noticed in this post was the term "Teddy Boy" That may be bitterness, or disrespect calling someone boy. It may mean child-like, or below me.

Cliff,

Why do you call him "Teddy Boy?" and not T.T, Or Ted. I am just curious.

That is the only question I am asking you.

The question is very simple. Why do you call him "Teddy Boy."

No reporter I have read has called him "Teddy Boy" ESPN has never called him "Teddy Boy" No CBS, ABC, or NBC station has ever called him "Teddy Boy"

Is it your own name for him?

Do you call Brett "Brett Boy"? Do you call your son "Boy Boy"? Do you call your dog "Dog Boy"?

Seriously I am just wondering, and trying to figure this out.

I just can not figure out "Teddy Boy"

Cliff, The most import thing I want to ask you is what do you think the Defen

Oh ****... Gotta run... The 'Pizza Boy" is at the door.

R.P.
"The Walton's" DID call John Walton Jr. "John Boy!!!" LOLOLOL!!!
Like i have said.......it's pretty obvious "Cliffy Boy" (just kidding Cliff!) doesn't like Ted, so we have to take everything he says already knowing he has a deep seated dislike for the guy.
Had Favre retired, I think Cliff would be all over it and blaming Ted for it. (Thank god that didn't happen).
(LOL! I just caught "Pizza Boy!")
Anyway.........that QB Tuasosopo from Oakland.......is he any good? I've never seen him play. I was just wondering if he has anything or not.
I always liked Ron Dayne (of course i'm a Badgers fan). To me, i don't think any team that had him so far has used him properly. The guy was a power back when i saw him play college ball.
Daniel Graham would be a nice addition to the TE's. We NEED an upgrade there.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Teddy Boy" is a Paul McCartney song from his first solo album. I've only heard the version on the Beatles anthology. It's one of the most annoying songs I've ever heard in my life.

From the list, I'm interested in the TE Eric Johnson and maybe one of those top three WR's. Does anybody know if that safety, Michael Lewis from Philadelphia, is any good? They usually have good DB's in Philly.

Now I've got that damn Teddy Boy song stuck in my head. Thanks a lot, Cliff and RP! I notice that up to this point, Cliff has only made 175 posts on this site. I wonder how many of them have NOT been insulting toward Ted Thompson? I'd say about a dozen.

slackerbacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to say how Teddy Boy handles FA this season?? However, one thing is clear; there are several players available that could help the Packers become better. Question is, just how many of those folks will be available when the time comes? Unfortunately, I think many will be locked up by their current clubs one way or another

Cliff

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cliff your bitterness makes me uncomfortable.

Why is it always against the law on Packer forums to see things for what they are?

Bob Harlan hired Ted Thompson as GM because he was a former employee under Ron Wolf. Thompson hired Mike McCarthy as HC because he was a QB coach when he was in Green Bay with Wolf. Manuel and Robinson came from Seattle. Obviously Thompson is going to look at Seattle FA's because wasn't he was involved with them being drafted?

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
Greg C. said:
Cliff has only made 175 posts on this site. I wonder how many of them have NOT been insulting toward Ted Thompson? I'd say about a dozen.

Greg.... Cliff has made a great deal more posts than 175.

Cliff is DePack.

C'mon now. Are you implying the PF.com staff would allow a suspended user switch names and return back to the site? DePack Profile No. They are far to smart for that trick. Cliff is a different kind of *** all together. :p

Of the UFA on that list.
  • WR - Donte Stallworth, Philadelphia
    TE - Eric Johnson, San Francisco
    DE - Charles Grant, New Orleans
    CB - Asante Samuel, New England
    S - Ken Hamlin, Seattle

I'm not asking for a whole heckuva lot huh? :)

Reaction score
OFF-TOPIC

Raider Pride said:
Cliff is DePack.

C'mon now. Are you implying the PF.com staff would allow a suspended user switch names and return back to the site? DePack Profile No. They are far to smart for that trick. Cliff is a different kind of *** all together. :p

Just to clarify for future reference, Cliff's IP doesn't match DePack's IP, in fact Cliff is not located in or near Philly.

OP
OP
Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
OFF-TOPIC

Raider Pride said:
Cliff is DePack.

Just to clarify for future reference, Cliff's IP doesn't match DePack's IP, in fact Cliff is not located in or near Philly.

Exactly. GW AADP! As I said, they are too smart for that trick. We can move along now.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One free agent signing will dictate our move in the draft...we can sign a reciever/running back and just target a safety (nelson, landry), etc...

maybe we dont have to re-sign Ahman Green...Dominic Rhodes and Micheal Turner both interest me, they have potential to do good things if they start an entire season, Turner is in Tomlinson's shadow, Rhodes was always behind Edgerrin James and has a lot of mileage left on the tires splitting carries for so many years--you dont know how long Ahman will last

Realistically, here's who I sign
TE Eric Johnson, San Fran...Our TE position is an embarassment, our offense needs a guy who can be counted on for more catches than Bubba had (what like 15?)

TE/FB/? Ben Utecht...a capable pass reciever, blocker, a solid target, backup tight end and fullback for some packages comletely overhaul the TE position

WR/KR Bobby Wade, Tennessee...A solid 4th recieving option, and finally we have a kick returner

DT Hollis Thomas, New Orleans...I like Pickett/Williams/Cole in the center of our line, we dont need another starter at DT, but we've lacked the huge run-stopping presence since Grady was cut

FS Ken Hamlin, Seattle...Lets end the Marqand Manuel experiment and get the better Seattle safety, Hamlin fills a big need, wont be really expensive and would really turn our secondary around

Members online

Latest posts