1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL's greatest game - GB v NY Giants

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Texpackerfan, Feb 15, 2011.

1. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Just watched NFL's Greatest games - the NFC championship from the 2007 season.

I didn't realize how many players in that game were Super Bowl XLV (some obvious and some not so obvious): Jenkins, Pickett, Hawk, Donald Lee, Crosby, Brandon Jackson, Wells, Driver, Jennings, James Jones, Woodson, Bigby, Tramon Williams, Wells, Clifton, Tauscher, Hawk, Nick Collins, Jarret Bush, Edgar Bennett (coach), MM

Notable departures: Favre, Koren Robinson, Al Harris, Aaron Kampman, Franks

Others that were on IR: Barnett and Grant

Players/coaches that made an impact on playoff run that didn't play in that game: Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Zombo, Starks, Nelson, Bulaga, Sam Shields, Walden, Kevin Greene

It's pretty impressive with how many players the Packers have gained since the championship that have made an impact. Also, from what I could see and remember they haven't really lost that many players from 3 years ago. And the players they still have either got much better (Williams) or have less playing time (Lee).

Funniest moment of the show:
    Favre is scrambling.
    MM says "what is he doing?"
    Favre continues to scramble and then throws a pick.
    MM: "Why would he do that?"
    I thought it was pretty funny especially with MM's tone. It was like "come on man! This is the championship! Don't get reckless now."

2. Packerfury

Packerfury Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +18
    MM was our coach at that time why did you list him?

3. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    Fixed. I put him on the wrong list.

4. The Drew

The Drew #packergang

Ratings:
    +490
    I hate that game!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jess

Jess Movement!

Ratings:
    +473
    I will never watch that game or the highlights from that game again. Ever.

That wound will never heal.

6. Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +22
    I remember the pain all too well after that game but I have a difference perspective now. When I watched I didn't see a team lose the championship but the makings of a Super Bowl championship team. There were only a few missing pieces.

7. PackersATW

PackersATW Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I was at the game against the Seahawks the week before. Amazing atmosphere! The title game you could pretty much tell for about 2/3 of the game that Favre just would not be able to get it done. Sense of impending doom one could say.

Big individual effort by Driver 90+ yard play. Not much else offensively all day especially the failing effort by Favre and Al Harris