NFL's greatest game - GB v NY Giants

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just watched NFL's Greatest games - the NFC championship from the 2007 season.

I didn't realize how many players in that game were Super Bowl XLV (some obvious and some not so obvious): Jenkins, Pickett, Hawk, Donald Lee, Crosby, Brandon Jackson, Wells, Driver, Jennings, James Jones, Woodson, Bigby, Tramon Williams, Wells, Clifton, Tauscher, Hawk, Nick Collins, Jarret Bush, Edgar Bennett (coach), MM

Notable departures: Favre, Koren Robinson, Al Harris, Aaron Kampman, Franks

Others that were on IR: Barnett and Grant

Players/coaches that made an impact on playoff run that didn't play in that game: Rodgers, Raji, Matthews, Zombo, Starks, Nelson, Bulaga, Sam Shields, Walden, Kevin Greene

It's pretty impressive with how many players the Packers have gained since the championship that have made an impact. Also, from what I could see and remember they haven't really lost that many players from 3 years ago. And the players they still have either got much better (Williams) or have less playing time (Lee).

Funniest moment of the show:
Favre is scrambling.
MM says "what is he doing?"
Favre continues to scramble and then throws a pick.
MM: "Why would he do that?"
I thought it was pretty funny especially with MM's tone. It was like "come on man! This is the championship! Don't get reckless now."

OP
OP
Texpackerfan

Texpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I remember the pain all too well after that game but I have a difference perspective now. When I watched I didn't see a team lose the championship but the makings of a Super Bowl championship team. There were only a few missing pieces.

PackersATW

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will never watch that game or the highlights from that game again. Ever.

That wound will never heal.

I was at the game against the Seahawks the week before. Amazing atmosphere! The title game you could pretty much tell for about 2/3 of the game that Favre just would not be able to get it done. Sense of impending doom one could say.

Big individual effort by Driver 90+ yard play. Not much else offensively all day especially the failing effort by Favre and Al Harris

Members online

Latest posts