Reaction score
Rodgers is highest rated passer in post season history with 105.5

Starr 104.8
Bress 104.2
Warner 102.8
Montana 95.6
Brady 88
Peyton 88

All the q.b in playoffs NOW-----2 guys picked Rodgers, one guy picked Brady...None took Peyton

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just finishing "Bart Starr, America's Quarterback" by Keith Dunnavant. What a man, and what a playoff QB. Until someone wins more than 5 Championships, he is the greatest of them all.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RankQuarterbackRating
1 Aaron Rodgers 105.5
2 Bart Starr 104.8
3 Drew Brees 103.9
4 Kurt Warner 102.8
5 Joe Montana 95.6
6 Mark Sanchez 94.3
7 Ken Anderson 93.5
8 Joe Theismann 91.4
9 Eli Manning 89.3
10 Peyton Manning 88.4
11 Troy Aikman 88.3
12 Tom Brady 87.8
13 Brett Favre 86.3
14 Steve Young 85.8
15 Warren Moon 84.9
16 Rich Gannon 84.6
17 Matt Hasselbeck 84.4
18 Ken Stabler 84.2
19 Ben Roethlisberger 83.7
20 Bernie Kosar 83.5
21 Jake Delhomme 83.3
22 Terry Bradshaw 83.0
23 Jim Plunkett 81.9

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You really want to know how impressive Starr is? Look at the number, then remember, particularly you younger guys, that back then the DB could basically mug the WR's as they were going down the field. Between any of them, I would take Starr over any of them in a heartbeat and it wouldn't think twice about it. And oh yea, back then most QB called their own plays. They didn't have some OC talking to them in the helmet telling them what to do. Rodgers is good, but he is not yet worthy to hold Barts jock strap. The only two on that list who might be would be Montana and Bradshaw.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raptorman and to top it off Starr didn't have all these QB protection flags coming...he knew he was gonna get hit, picked up and slammed, decked, helmet to helmet.....sometimes all on the same play :)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lombardi, and every player on those teams thought Starr was the most valuable player, year in and year out. He called all the plays, and had the latitude to audible even Lombardi's occasional play sent in. The sneak that won the Ice Bowl was his call, which was supposed to be a handoff to Mercein. Mercein's arms in the air wasn't a TD signal. When he didn't get the handoff, he threw his arms up to let the refs know he wasn't pushing Starr from behind. What a call. What a game.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You know I have been a Viking fan all my life, well since 1966, but it irks me to no end when some talking head idiots or fans try to justify some modern day QB as being better than Starr. There is no QB better than him. At least not yet. QB ratings are fine but they don't do justice to the guys from the past. The rules have changed to benefit the throwing game and QB's. Had Starr played under today's rules I would put about 10-15 points more on his QB rating.

Starr's is the only Packer jersey I would ever wear. Yes I said that.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
What can I say? Bart Starr is still my hero. I watched the Ice Bowl on ESPN the other day. Bart got the crap kicked out of him but he just kept on playing. The sneak at the end was all Bart. I appreciate all the great comments about him. I have looked up to him since I was 9.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know I have been a Viking fan all my life, well since 1966, but it irks me to no end when some talking head idiots or fans try to justify some modern day QB as being better than Starr. There is no QB better than him. At least not yet. QB ratings are fine but they don't do justice to the guys from the past. The rules have changed to benefit the throwing game and QB's. Had Starr played under today's rules I would put about 10-15 points more on his QB rating.

Starr's is the only Packer jersey I would ever wear. Yes I said that.

Ray Nitschke...not even his?

I feel ya on the whole modern day QB's versus Starr and I'm only 26. I've researched, read and listen to guys talk about Starr and honestly he's a league of his own. The rule changes alone make him the greatest in my opinion.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Starr was/is a class act both on and off the field. One of the nicest people you could ever meet. And hands down, one of the best if not the best QB to ever play the game.(only because I never saw some of the older guys play. Otto Grahm, Sid Luckman were really good as well) Todays QB's are good, but they all come in behind him.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I'm not in to meeting famous people (but I did meet Dion Sanders once sort of by accident, nice guy) but I would make an exception in Bart's case. I would love to meet him some time.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Funny how we have the top two passers on the list......yet people like to put Arod down when comparing to Brady or either Manning brother. In 7-8 years, Arod will have made some records of his own that wont be touchable for a long time. He is in a class of his own.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
I think Arod should be the MVP. He is clearly the best QB in the league. I know that Manning and Peterson have overcome injuries but Rodgers is consistently good.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts