NFL Top 100

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So this comes to conclusion tonight and obviously Aaron is going to be in the final top 10. So who do you all think will be number 1? I will pick Aaron but I am willing to bet the top 3 will be Brady, Rodgers and Watt in some order.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i'll go rodgers, watt, kuechly personally, but i do think brady is likely #3 in this list

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kuechly was #13 I believe, or somewhere in the teens

gat dang, really? gonna chalk that up to his position not being very ****, cos that dude is easily the 2nd best defensive player in the league, imo.

D

Deleted member 6794

Just for the record, Kuechly was ranked 14th in this year's top 100.

H

HardRightEdge

Evidently the voters are asked to consider last year's performance along with what they expect players to do this season.

The reining NFL MVP has been voted #1 each of the 4 years they've been doing this.

If the voters stick to that criteria and their voting habits, with Brady looking at missing 1/4 of the season, Rodgers will be the winner, as he was after 2011, and as it should be.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assumed it was 10-6 tonight and 5-1 next week as it has been in the past.

Watt is #1 I would bet. Brady and Rodgers 2 n 3 in either order.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
gat dang, really? gonna chalk that up to his position not being very ****, cos that dude is easily the 2nd best defensive player in the league, imo.

PFF doesnt think as highly of him as everyone else seems to. Suh might get the edge on 2nd best, or Sherman/Revis. Alot of names has an argument for that.

H

HardRightEdge

I love that Woodson made the list.
Woodson led the league, or was close to it, with 20-22 missed tackles last season, depending on the source.

His 2009-2010 seasons can never be forgotten in my book. DPOY in 2009 on the strength of the picks; even better all-around in 2010 in my opinion. Those were the best back-to-back defensive years since the Lombardi era, with the possible exception of White. Play maker, fiery leader and defensive glue...his presence is sorely missed.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Woodson led the league, or was close to it, with 20-22 missed tackles last season, depending on the source.

His 2009-2010 seasons can never be forgotten in my book. DPOY in 2009 on the strength of the picks; even better all-around in 2010 in my opinion. Those were the best back-to-back defensive years since the Lombardi era, with the possible exception of White. Play maker, fiery leader and defensive glue...his presence is sorely missed.
He was absolutely amazing! And he made Collins and Williams into better players than they would have been without him. A very, very special talent.

dbain21

Chicagoland Packer Fan
Reaction score
I was kinda disappointed (but hats off to watt he really is a beast) and then I realized we're a super bowl favorite almost every year with Rodgers and the Texans aren't, so I feel consoled.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was kinda disappointed (but hats off to watt he really is a beast) and then I realized we're a super bowl favorite almost every year with Rodgers and the Texans aren't, so I feel consoled.
No one dominates his position like Watt, its not even close. He deserves it

D

Deleted member 6794

PFF doesnt think as highly of him as everyone else seems to. Suh might get the edge on 2nd best, or Sherman/Revis. Alot of names has an argument for that.

PFF had Kuechly ranked as the best inside linebacker last season. He ended up being the third highest defensive player in the top 100 behind Watt and Sherman.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PFF had Kuechly ranked as the best inside linebacker last season. He ended up being the third highest defensive player in the top 100 behind Watt and Sherman.

PFF rated him the 14th best ILB in coverage the year he won DPOY and the 80th best player in the league. Short term memory captain?

D

Deleted member 6794

PFF rated him the 14th best ILB in coverage the year he won DPOY and the 80th best player in the league. Short term memory captain?

I didn´t mention a single word about the 2013 season. Troubles with your reading comprehension, ivo???

D

Deleted member 6794

I didnt specify a year, so dont be butthurt he got labeled overrated.

While you didn´t name a year this thread is about the current top 100 list. There´s absolutely no reason to bring up PFF´s rating for the 2013 season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While you didn´t name a year this thread is about the current top 100 list. There´s absolutely no reason to bring up PFF´s rating for the 2013 season.

Right, players in the top 100. If you want to set the rules you should start your own forum, im sure it would be a hit.

PFF called him overrated, dont be mad ;)

D

Deleted member 6794

Right, players in the top 100. If you want to set the rules you should start your own forum, im sure it would be a hit.

PFF called him overrated, dont be mad ;)

Pro Football Focus called him overrated after the 2013 season. If you don´t get it this thread is about this year´s NFL top 100 (which is based on the play during the 2014 season and a player´s outlook for next year) you should really do something about improving your reading comprehension.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pro Football Focus called him overrated after the 2013 season. If you don´t get it this thread is about this year´s NFL top 100 (which is based on the play during the 2014 season and a player´s outlook for next year) you should really do something about improving your reading comprehension.

What part of players being discussed dont you frickin get? He was called overrated and had a good season this season. Sorry you dont find that relevant but you arent making the rules even though you like to go around acting like you do.

You think you called someone out on something and got all excited then got pissed when its pointed out in fact I was correct, now you are crying about the parameters of the thread. Its pretty amusing.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Goodmorning gentlemen :). The sun is in the sky, and the birds are singing. What a lovely day.

Members online

Latest posts