NFL Top 100

D

Deleted member 6794

What part of players being discussed dont you frickin get? He was called overrated and had a good season this season. Sorry you dont find that relevant but you arent making the rules even though you like to go around acting like you do.

You think you called someone out on something and got all excited then got pissed when its pointed out in fact I was correct, now you are crying about the parameters of the thread. Its pretty amusing.

I don´t make the rules, it´s the NFL that does. According to them the rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the league, whereby players vote on their peers based on the performance of the previous season and their belief of how the player will perform in the coming season.

Kuechly´s performance during the 2013 season, which you have brought up repeatedly for no reason, is irrelevant for this year´s list.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don´t make the rules, it´s the NFL that does. According to them the rankings are based on an off-season poll organized by the league, whereby players vote on their peers based on the performance of the previous season and their belief of how the player will perform in the coming season.

Kuechly´s performance during the 2013 season, which you have brought up repeatedly for no reason, is irrelevant for this year´s list.

This isnt about the voting, this is about him being called overrated which PFF has. YOU didnt start the thread. YOU dont get to say what players we discuss and the limits of when they are discussed. It was a single comment about a player that you latched onto and you were wrong. If you continue to have a problem with this you can PM me. Find something else to latch onto.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Woodson led the league, or was close to it, with 20-22 missed tackles last season, depending on the source.

His 2009-2010 seasons can never be forgotten in my book. DPOY in 2009 on the strength of the picks; even better all-around in 2010 in my opinion. Those were the best back-to-back defensive years since the Lombardi era, with the possible exception of White. Play maker, fiery leader and defensive glue...his presence is sorely missed.

The peer respect he gets is enough to ignore the effects of father time. Most of the guys in the league probably dont even remember him at Michigan.

D

Deleted member 6794

This is what Ogsponge posted yesterday to open this thread:

So this comes to conclusion tonight and obviously Aaron is going to be in the final top 10. So who do you all think will be number 1? I will pick Aaron but I am willing to bet the top 3 will be Brady, Rodgers and Watt in some order.

This isnt about the voting, this is about him being called overrated which PFF has. YOU didnt start the thread. YOU dont get to say what players we discuss and the limits of when they are discussed. It was a single comment about a player that you latched onto and you were wrong. If you continue to have a problem with this you can PM me. Find something else to latch onto.

It is pretty clear to everyone aside of you that this thread was started to discuss this year´s top 100.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is what Ogsponge posted yesterday to open this thread:

So this comes to conclusion tonight and obviously Aaron is going to be in the final top 10. So who do you all think will be number 1? I will pick Aaron but I am willing to bet the top 3 will be Brady, Rodgers and Watt in some order.

It is pretty clear to everyone aside of you that this thread was started to discuss this year´s top 100.

So you are upset with HRE with posting about 09, 10,11? Or is this subjective outrage?

I see your reading comprehension is limited as well

D

Deleted member 6794

So you are upset with HRE with posting about 09, 10,11? Or is this subjective outrage?

I see your reading comprehension is limited as well

HRE didn´t mention his play during one of these seasons as a reason for him being on the list.

BTW Pro Football Focus had Woodson ranked as the 68th best safety in 2014, why don´t you think he ended up way too high on this year´s list???

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
HRE didn´t mention his play during one of these seasons as a reason for him being on the list.

BTW Pro Football Focus had Woodson ranked as the 68th best safety in 2014, why don´t you think he ended up way too high on this year´s list???

Neither did I.

When did I say he didnt end up too high? I love that he made the list as his peers seem to love him, but he is not the player he was.

OP
OP
Ogsponge

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in the Watt getting the nod but in the end this really is not an MVP vote so it does not really matter how the team performs. Watt certainly is a beast. I can remember watching him at Wisconsin and think that this guy is pretty good and probably can have a fairly solid career in the NFL but he was never as dominant in college as he has been at this level. Frankly it is quite ridiculous how he has produced thus far in his career.

With that said, one could say the exact same thing about Rodgers! It is pretty interesting that in this years top 3 you have a 6th round draft choice that basically was a nobody in college, and two guys are were pretty darn good in college but by no mean did you watch either of them and say, "those guys are going to be a couple of the best players the NFL has ever seen"

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was a little disappointed in the Watt getting the nod but in the end this really is not an MVP vote so it does not really matter how the team performs. Watt certainly is a beast. I can remember watching him at Wisconsin and think that this guy is pretty good and probably can have a fairly solid career in the NFL but he was never as dominant in college as he has been at this level. Frankly it is quite ridiculous how he has produced thus far in his career.

With that said, one could say the exact same thing about Rodgers! It is pretty interesting that in this years top 3 you have a 6th round draft choice that basically was a nobody in college, and two guys are were pretty darn good in college but by no mean did you watch either of them and say, "those guys are going to be a couple of the best players the NFL has ever seen"

His motor stood out in college. Him in practice was legendary.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can understand the vote for Watt at number one. When you look at player performance relative to peers, Watt is by far the best player at his position (and on his side of the field). I mean, there really wasn't a player in his zip code on defense last season. While Rodgers is the best QB, there can at least be decent discussions about whether he's the best QB or offensive player in the NFL. There really isn't a decent argument for any player on defense to even be close to as good as Watt.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't have a problem with Watt being named number 1, but between the 2 I'm still glad Rodgers is on our team and would take him every time.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
My understanding of the list is that the Players are asked to name their top 20 players in the league and the list is made up of the top 100 on the overall list. Has about as much stock as any power ranking. ZERO.

Members online

Latest posts