NFL Tier List

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will suffer injuries on defense in 2019 as well. For whatever reason it seems than fans felt way better about the unit's performance last season it actually was.
The optimism about the defense this year has so far been built mostly on hopes. They have new personnel, and Rodgers has said positive things about it, so those hopes aren't completely unfounded. But Packer fans have grown so accustomed to watching garbage defenses that about anything looks good.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's seems to be an unanimous opinion that the defense significantly improved last season. Taking a look at the numbers that's not true as the team finished only 22nd in points allowed in 2018. They only finished worse twice during Capers tenure as the defensive coordinator.

Well, fans tend to only focus on the big games and cherry pick results from those. For example remembering Capers for all the playoff games that the defense got 35 or more hung on them.

The other reason people may not be being as tough on the D this last year was having to put up with seeing the offense and special teams go completely stinko out there.

D

Deleted member 6794

Well, fans tend to only focus on the big games and cherry pick results from those. For example remembering Capers for all the playoff games that the defense got 35 or more hung on them.

Well, unfortunately there were many of those as the Packers allowed an average of 36.3 points in playoff losses under Capers.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The other reason people may not be being as tough on the D this last year was having to put up with seeing the offense and special teams go completely stinko out there.
Yeah, like the defense looked better in comparison. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.
Seriously though, thinking about all the years of sieve defenses we've had, and how they were unable to do anything to fix them, makes me angry. Still.

Reaction score
I’ll state the obvious. This team is built around #12 and the degree of his health will largely determine the end result. I’ve been vocal about putting more resources in the OL going back 3-4 years and this is the first season I’ve seen us properly invest in protecting Aaron in a very long time, both the FA and draft levels. I pray we keep the throttle down there in 2020.

Us fans used to say games are won or lost in the trenches. I say not only that is a very large part of teams success overall, but even more so it seams playoff games are in particular. January 25th 1998 is a prime example of how important a balanced running attack can be. That OL keeps the QB upright and paves the way for a ground game, many Defenses are superior in one area or another but not both. The key to our success is taking pressure off of Rodgers by employing quick, high probability plays and an efficient ground attack. Consistently moving the chains and finishing drives becomes demoralizing to a playoff caliber Defense.

I don’t follow every team enough to predict placing and tiers, but I do follow our division some. GB should benefit much from a normal strength schedule this year. With the injection of talent look for a 11-5 type season. I don’t know if that’s enough to win a SB, but it likely makes us an NFC contender in January

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, unfortunately there were many of those as the Packers allowed an average of 36.3 points in playoff losses under Capers.

That stands to reason, right? When a team's primary CB is Ladarius Gunter and you're playing Julio Jones, gonna be kind of tough to hold a team in check.

And if we really wanna talk 35+ points, that happened in 2011 (Giants), 2012 (49ers), and 2017 (Falcons).

2011 - Packers turned the ball over 4 times against an elite pass rush so I'm not overly worked up against giving up 37 points to the 9th best offense in the NFL that season.

2012- Kap ran all over the Packers while the players and Capers had no answer. Capers played the exact defense that team's generally use against an option QB but when his players (looking at Raji and Matthews here) proved incapable of doing anything he wasn't able to adjust.

2017 - Julio Jones and Matt Ryan v Ladarius Gunter/Josh Hawkins. Duh.

At the end, Capers was not an elite, game changing DC anymore. He was not helped by bad defensive drafts. The best thing Capers had going for him was McCarthy's knowledge that everyone would blame Capers rather than MM for the team's problems when, in fact, MM was doing less with more. Glad they're all gone, not happy it took them 4 years too long to clean house.

I'm excited about the defense this year but mainly because the team spent a TON of money to try and make up for terrible drafts in recent years. Zadarius Smith is the guy to focus on here because his contract is going to rely on him being VERY good to justify that deal. Finally, defensive performance is going to rely on King and/or Jackson proving that they can be good players; I'm hoping it's Jackson because Jackson has an extra year of rookie salary and those are the kinds of deals that will help balance out the Smiths/upcoming Clark costs.

D

Deleted member 6794

That stands to reason, right? When a team's primary CB is Ladarius Gunter and you're playing Julio Jones, gonna be kind of tough to hold a team in check.

And if we really wanna talk 35+ points, that happened in 2011 (Giants), 2012 (49ers), and 2017 (Falcons).

2017 - Julio Jones and Matt Ryan v Ladarius Gunter/Josh Hawkins. Duh.

Gunter wasn't the Packers primary cornerback vs. the Falcons in the 2016 NFCCG. Capers had Randall, Hyde, Burnett and Clinton-Dix available in the secondary that game.

BTW they gave up more than 35 points in 2009 vs. the Cardinals as well.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gunter wasn't the Packers primary cornerback vs. the Falcons in the 2016 NFCCG. Capers had Randall, Hyde, Burnett and Clinton-Dix available in the secondary that game.

BTW they gave up more than 35 points in 2009 vs. the Cardinals as well.

I meant the primary guy in coverage. The Falcons were able to dictate who was going to cover Jones.

As for the 2009 game, I wasn't going that far back. I feel like Capers' defense winning the Packers a title in 2010 sort of made that one okay.

D

Deleted member 6794

I meant the primary guy in coverage. The Falcons were able to dictate who was going to cover Jones.

As for the 2009 game, I wasn't going that far back. I feel like Capers' defense winning the Packers a title in 2010 sort of made that one okay.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not solely blaming Capers on those losses but the defense definitely didn't get the job done in the playoffs too many times with him being the defensive coordinator for various reasons.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The Packers will suffer injuries on defense in 2019 as well. For whatever reason it seems than fans felt way better about the unit's performance last season it actually was.
The defense last year showed flashes that I haven't seen in years. Even early on in the season before the Packers caught their stride, they held the Bears in the 2nd half of the 1st game of the season to 6 points, which allowed the Packers to pull off the miraculous comeback.

Only gave up 3 in the 2nd half to the Redskins when the Packers offense couldn't get going.

Shut out the Bills. Yes I know it's the Bills, but teams don't get shut out in the NFL often at all no matter how bad you are.

Played really good down the stretch to allow for the come from behind victory against the 49ers.

Played tough against the Patriots and Rams. Particularly what they were able to do against the Rams in the first half was impressive. If the Packers offense does what they are supposed to do, we win that game.

I know that's a lot of selective snippets, but again, I'm talking about the team showing flashes.

So after half of the season for the team to get comfortable with a new scheme, the next 6 weeks the defense gave up an average of 21.16 points per game, which would have been good for 9th in the NFL.

And then of course you have the last 2 games of the season with skeleton crews which are hardly worth even mentioning.

It's easy for one to say the Packers ranked 22nd in the league in points allowed, which is accurate. But if you really delve into the season and break it up, you'll see that there was significant progression from the defense as the year went along.

You pair that with what the Packers did this offseason, and there's plenty of reason to be optimistic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Do7

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense last year showed flashes that I haven't seen in years. Even early on in the season before the Packers caught their stride, they held the Bears in the 2nd half of the 1st game of the season to 6 points, which allowed the Packers to pull off the miraculous comeback.

Only gave up 3 in the 2nd half to the Redskins when the Packers offense couldn't get going.

Shut out the Bills. Yes I know it's the Bills, but teams don't get shut out in the NFL often at all no matter how bad you are.

Played really good down the stretch to allow for the come from behind victory against the 49ers.

Played tough against the Patriots and Rams. Particularly what they were able to do against the Rams in the first half was impressive. If the Packers offense does what they are supposed to do, we win that game.

I know that's a lot of selective snippets, but again, I'm talking about the team showing flashes.

So after half of the season for the team to get comfortable with a new scheme, the next 6 weeks the defense gave up an average of 21.16 points per game, which would have been good for 9th in the NFL.

And then of course you have the last 2 games of the season with skeleton crews which are hardly worth even mentioning.

It's easy for one to say the Packers ranked 22st in the league in points allowed, which is accurate. But if you really delve into the season and break it up, you'll see that there was significant progression from the defense as the year went along.

You pair that with what the Packers did this offseason, and there's plenty of reason to be optimistic.
Also just to point out another thing, we were right there to win The Rams game until Montgomery decided to play the hero. And with the New England game, it was neck and neck until that costly fumble by Jones.

Honestly I feel it's going to come down to the offense this year.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we can plant some trojan horses in each club and put some tacks on the floor for each QB to step on that would result in having them hopping around on the field, that would be nice. Not that I condone violence! Just saying...you know hypothetically speaking, man! Now if that can't happen we still have to worry about NO. As you said, as long as they have Breez, he has his two weapons, thomas and kamala(sp), they are in the run for the trophy.

Now if anyone wants to volunteer for the you know...I will set up a Go Fund Me account so we can purchase some tacks and a bear suit.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It's easy for one to say the Packers ranked 22nd in the league in points allowed, which is accurate. But if you really delve into the season and break it up, you'll see that there was significant progression from the defense as the year went along.

They surrendered 31 points to the Skins throughout the whole game. A team that averaged 17ppg. The relic that is Peterson ran for over 100 on 6YPC. But hey, if we exclude the 1st half where we gave up 28 points on 4 separate 70+ yard touchdown drives it looks pretty good.

The Pats topped 30 and the Rams had 29.

In what world is this the flashes of a good defense?

D

Deleted member 6794

It's true that the Packers defense played pretty well at times but the unit did that under Capers as well. That doesn't change the fact that they ended up in the bottom half of the league in points allowed once again.

I expect the defense to perform at a higher level this season mostly based on the additions made this offseason but in my opinion there's no reason to act as if the unit was improved in 2018 over previous years.

As a side note there's absolutely no reason to take any pride in allowing the 49ers to score 30 points while starting C.J. Beathard at quarterback.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
They surrendered 31 points to the Skins throughout the whole game. A team that averaged 17ppg. The relic that is Peterson ran for over 100 on 6YPC. But hey, if we exclude the 1st half where we gave up 28 points on 4 separate 70+ yard touchdown drives it looks pretty good.

The Pats topped 30 and the Rams had 29.

In what world is this the flashes of a good defense?
It's true that the Packers defense played pretty well at times but the unit did that under Capers as well. That doesn't change the fact that they ended up in the bottom half of the league in points allowed once again.

I expect the defense to perform at a higher level this season mostly based on the additions made this offseason but in my opinion there's no reason to act as if the unit was improved in 2018 over previous years.

As a side note there's absolutely no reason to take any pride in allowing the 49ers to score 30 points while starting C.J. Beathard at quarterback.
First year in a completely different system, where Pettine was working to change the culture, of course there are going to be hiccups along the way. No one expected the Packers to come flying out of the gates holding teams to 15 points a game.

But it is absolutely undeniable that the defense got better as the season progressed. The numbers tell that story. There were several games that the Packers lost that they should've won, and it's because the offense couldn't bail out the defense for a change.

@Pintsizedbox9 two of your examples are the #1 offense in the league last year and the greatest quarterback/coach duo of all time....LOL. Against a 1st year defense.

If you can't appreciate the things the team did in the Rams game then you clearly didn't watch or aren't remembering the game correctly. It's easy to look at a number like 29 and say "see! see!". If you actually WATCH the game though, you'll know that the defense gave the offense AMPLE opportunity to win that game. The defense was on the field for 35 minutes against a potent offense because the Packers couldn't sustain drives offensively. They were gassed in the 2nd half against the #1 offense in the league. Give me a break.

@captainWIMM of course giving up 30 to the 49ers isn't anything to brag about. 24 of those were given up in the first half. It was awful, no doubt. But the team came out in the 2nd half and locked them down, only allowing 6 points in the 2nd half to give the offense a chance to come back. That's the sign of a defense not playing up to its capability.

It should have been expected for it to take more than one offseason for Pettine to remove the stink of Dom Capers. Using the eye test, I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the defense wasn't improved.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, there were a few times when I thought "this defense could win us some games", for times when the offense doesn't show up. I hadn't felt that way since the Super Bowl year. In the end, it turned out to be a mirage, but like you say, there were some flashes.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First year in a completely different system, where Pettine was working to change the culture, of course there are going to be hiccups along the way. No one expected the Packers to come flying out of the gates holding teams to 15 points a game.

But it is absolutely undeniable that the defense got better as the season progressed. The numbers tell that story. There were several games that the Packers lost that they should've won, and it's because the offense couldn't bail out the defense for a change.

@Pintsizedbox9 two of your examples are the #1 offense in the league last year and the greatest quarterback/coach duo of all time....LOL. Against a 1st year defense.

If you can't appreciate the things the team did in the Rams game then you clearly didn't watch or aren't remembering the game correctly. It's easy to look at a number like 29 and say "see! see!". If you actually WATCH the game though, you'll know that the defense gave the offense AMPLE opportunity to win that game. The defense was on the field for 35 minutes against a potent offense because the Packers couldn't sustain drives offensively. They were gassed in the 2nd half against the #1 offense in the league. Give me a break.

@captainWIMM of course giving up 30 to the 49ers isn't anything to brag about. 24 of those were given up in the first half. It was awful, no doubt. But the team came out in the 2nd half and locked them down, only allowing 6 points in the 2nd half to give the offense a chance to come back. That's the sign of a defense not playing up to its capability.

It should have been expected for it to take more than one offseason for Pettine to remove the stink of Dom Capers. Using the eye test, I don't see how ANYONE could argue that the defense wasn't improved.

So we should only look at the games where the Packers played a bad offensive opponent to evaluate how good our defense is? That's a bit unwise. The Pats held the rams to under a TD in the Super Bowl. Are they fielding some world class defense that i am not aware of?

Most of your arguments involve tossing out half of the game and claiming they played well
"Yea they only gave up 20+ in the first...but"

Also regarding the Rams game, if the defense is on the field for 35 minutes it's also because they cannot force a stop.

8-18 on 3rd downs - a % good for a bottom 5 defense.
1-1 on 4th.

That's not the fault of the offense.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
So we should only look at the games where the Packers played a bad offensive opponent to evaluate how good our defense is? That's a bit unwise. The Pats held the rams to under a TD in the Super Bowl. Are they fielding some world class defense that i am not aware of?

Most of your arguments involve tossing out half of the game and claiming they played well
"Yea they only gave up 20+ in the first...but"

Also regarding the Rams game, if the defense is on the field for 35 minutes it's also because they cannot force a stop.

8-18 on 3rd downs - a % good for a bottom 5 defense.
1-1 on 4th.

That's not the fault of the offense.
My only assertion from the get go was that the defense was much better last year than many are willing to acknowledge. What you see from an up and coming defense, especially one with a new defensive coordinator installing a completely new scheme, is flashes. Nothing is going to be perfect. You aren't going to get four quarters of defensive excellence starting in week 1.

Your comparison of the Packers/Rams game to the Patriots/Rams game is silliness and you know it. Belichick is only the greatest defensive mind in the history of the league and had two weeks to prepare. Goff wet the bed too. You know this.

Who else in the league did that to the Rams? Please enlighten me. Don't act as if 30 other teams in the league had them figured out.

The Rams scored 30+ in 12 of their 16 regular season games. The three teams other than the Packers that held them below 30 are Chicago, Philly, and Denver...all of which finished in the top half of the league in points allowed. Oh and the only other team besides the Patriots to hold the Rams to single digits? Chicago, who happened to finish as the #1 defense in the NFL...lol.

The Packers allowed 8 points in the first half to the best offensive team in the NFL. Forced 5 consecutive punts to start the game while the Packers offense couldn't impose its will against a below average Rams defense. Additionally, the Packers defense started off the 2nd half with a quick three and out. At that point in the game, the Rams had only scored 8 points and somehow the Packers offense couldn't do more to support the defense.

You like 3rd down stats? The Packers were 2-9 on third down. Yet somehow ALL of the time of possession issues were solely on the defense. :roflmao:

I don't care if you acknowledge this or not, but the Packers defense absolutely played well enough against the #1 offense in the NFL to win that game.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Also, make no mistake about it: I have been highly critical of the Packers defense over the past several seasons. To this day, I still think it's the reason the Packers haven't won another couple of Super Bowls in the Rodgers era. But last year for the first time in a long time, the offense didn't hold up their end of the bargain. The defense wasn't elite, but they gave the offense a fighting chance to pick off a few more wins.

For me to give that type of credit to the defense says a lot.

Mavster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My only assertion from the get go was that the defense was much better last year than many are willing to acknowledge. What you see from an up and coming defense, especially one with a new defensive coordinator installing a completely new scheme, is flashes. Nothing is going to be perfect. You aren't going to get four quarters of defensive excellence starting in week 1.

Your comparison of the Packers/Rams game to the Patriots/Rams game is silliness and you know it. Belichick is only the greatest defensive mind in the history of the league and had two weeks to prepare. Goff wet the bed too. You know this.

Who else in the league did that to the Rams? Please enlighten me. Don't act as if 30 other teams in the league had them figured out.

The Rams scored 30+ in 12 of their 16 regular season games. The three teams other than the Packers that held them below 30 are Chicago, Philly, and Denver...all of which finished in the top half of the league in points allowed. Oh and the only other team besides the Patriots to hold the Rams to single digits? Chicago, who happened to finish as the #1 defense in the NFL...lol.

The Packers allowed 8 points in the first half to the best offensive team in the NFL. Forced 5 consecutive punts to start the game while the Packers offense couldn't impose its will against a below average Rams defense. Additionally, the Packers defense started off the 2nd half with a quick three and out. At that point in the game, the Rams had only scored 8 points and somehow the Packers offense couldn't do more to support the defense.

You like 3rd down stats? The Packers were 2-9 on third down. Yet somehow ALL of the time of possession issues were solely on the defense. :roflmao:

I don't care if you acknowledge this or not, but the Packers defense absolutely played well enough against the #1 offense in the NFL to win that game.

I agree that we have way more hope of fielding a competent defense this coming year than any of the past 10. Not having Thompson blow draft after draft is the biggest reason to be optimistic imo.

I'm just far more skeptical with how they will perform this coming year as opposed to most GB fans who are so eager to anoint a unit that hasn't proven squat outside of a couple decent halves. That's where I was disagreeing with you. Even a crap defense has a decent showing every now and then.

l will withhold my judgment until they perform consistently for a whole season and don't collapse in the playoffs.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I agree that we have way more hope of fielding a competent defense this coming year than any of the past 10. Not having Thompson blow draft after draft is the biggest reason to be optimistic imo.

I'm just far more skeptical with how they will perform this coming year as opposed to most GB fans who are so eager to anoint a unit that hasn't proven squat outside of a couple decent halves. That's where I was disagreeing with you. Even a crap defense has a decent showing every now and then.

l will withhold my judgment until they perform consistently for a whole season and don't collapse in the playoffs.
We're getting closer. ;)

Not anointing anyone. Just trying to put things into perspective.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's been a minute since I made a new thread so I figured I'd make this one as we await the season to progress.

Okay so as you guys know I think we're still right in the swing of things as potential threats to make the Superbowl and win it. Having said that considering this past year, I know I'm in the minority of that mindset and whatnot. So my question to you all is in your estimation, where do we stack within The NFCN, The NFC Conference, and in the NFL.

NFCN: Now for the division I think we're right in the thick of it.

Chi: I still think Chicago will dial it back as a lot of things went their way last year, and I don't think Trubisky will get them over the top.

Min: Minnesota will try to keep up, but I really don't fear their defense nor do I trust Kirk Cousins' arm.

Det: Detroit imo is the team we should keep our eyes on, I feel like everyone is so focused on Chicago and Minnesota, but The Lions could creep up and make things interesting. I think we'll win the division soundly this year.

NFC: Honestly there is no team in the conference that really scares me.

Dal: Dallas I think is overrated, and the only reason their defense was good last year was because of the ******/mediocre competition they were facing last year. The only impressive win they had were against The Saints, and I'll address them in a second. Dak is an slightly above average QB, Zeke is the heart and soul of that team, and they will go as far as he can carry them. I expect Dallas' Defense to get exposed this year. In fact I'm on the record saying they'll miss the playoffs.

Phi: Out of all the teams in the conference, this team is the one that concerns me the most. I do like Wentz and Philly has the weapons on offense to make it into a shootout or a slow and ugly game. It's kinda pick your poison with them. Plus there receivers are HUGE. Fortunately they have a tendency to play down to their competition and but should Wentz return to MVP form, we could have a problem on our hands.

LA: I've lost all respect for The Rams after they got exposed by New England the way they did. I was never of the mindset that this team were head and shoulders better than everyone else. Hell they got lucky to get passed N.O. I don't think Geoff is as good as everyone makes him. I think their defense is exceptional, but as we proved when we played them, they can be scored on. I think we match fairly well again them if i'm being honest.

N.O: Ah New Orleans...Where do I begin with these guys. On one hand as long as they have Drew Brees, you have to respect this team and always see them as a potential threat, especially considering how good they were at the beginning of the year. But then you look at the second half of the season and you could clearly see that they were losing steam. The Saints I see as a team that individual that burns himself out by exerting all his energy at the beginning of a marathon run. I don't doubt that Brees and The Saints will try to go on a revenge tour this year, but personally I think that will be to their detriment. To quote one of my favorite lines from the movie The Crow: "Victims...Aren't we all?"

ATL: I hope i'm wrong, but for some reason I get the feeling that they're going to pose a threat this year. I won't lie, I would rather avoid this team, not because I don't think we can beat them, but to rather avoid the headache. On paper they look good. Let's just thank God that they always end up in a grueling battle within their division.

SEA: Under no circumstances do I fear this team...at all. Out of all the teams, this is the team I REALLY would like for us to face in the playoffs. This team has been a thorn in our side over the past several years. I have no reason to dislike RW but for some reason I just can't bring myself to like him. But in any case. I expect them to be in the hunt this year, but I actually see them missing the post season this time around. I think it'll be a first for RW. They're an average team at best. Nothing on their team really scares me, offensively or defensively. We SHOULD'VE won up there last year. That game I blame on Rodgers. But I think we match up VERY well against them.

AFC:

K.C: Imho this is the one team that makes me nervous the most. I would be less nervous if our team was more physical, but we're not typically. Our game against them this year will really tell us a lot about ourselves, and if we are a dominant power within the NFC, let alone the NFL. I'm sorta hoping Mahomes digresses now that their is more tape on him. This will be a true test for the defense.

IND: It truly amazes me that every single time we face off against Indy, they've managed to get the better of us. Rodgers has never beaten Luck before, and BOTH times we were capable of winning. Though I blame more of our defenses in the past and Capers **** poor schemes. In any case I always hear how good they are, but typically they end up blowing it because they can never give poor Luck the help he deserves. In a way he resembles Rodgers a lot in that regards. I think we match up well against them overall. But the run game is really going to determine who comes out on top.

N.E: And now we have The Champs. By far the most disciplined team in the NFL today. You know they are always going to be the favorites so long as Brady and Belichick will be there. The thing about New England is that they do everything so well, that half of the time, the opposing team beats themselves. This game is the ultimate chess match. One wrong move, one fatal mistake and they will take advantage of. We saw how close it the game was between these two last year until that fumble just killed our momentum. Make no mistake, this team is beatable, and I believe we can beat them, but this team has to get to Brady, which is a tall task as he's so quick to release the ball. Belichick is crafty in the defensive schemes. It's truly a pain in the ***. I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to them, but dammit! We owe these guys! Besides could you imagine guys like Colin and ESPECIALLY Skip Bayless' reaction should Rodgers beat Brady in the SB? As much as I don't want to see them, I kinda do for that reason alone, and to quote Ric Flair: To be the man, you have to beat the man!

Those are my thoughts. Let me know how you guys think we stack up against the other "contenders"

My Dark Horses this year are: Det, Hou, Cle
For what it’s worth, I think you’re right about Detroit. I may not be as optimistic as you, but I expect a playoff spot and at least one post-season win. That’s my head. My heart tells me SB!

I’m concerned about MLF’s comments about a lack of urgency in camp. He has time to turn that around, but I was surprised.

OP
OP
Do7

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For what it’s worth, I think you’re right about Detroit. I may not be as optimistic as you, but I expect a playoff spot and at least one post-season win. That’s my head. My heart tells me SB!

I’m concerned about MLF’s comments about a lack of urgency in camp. He has time to turn that around, but I was surprised.

I hope i'm wrong, but again Detroit for some reason just bothers me. It's like they're going to be that bad itch that you can't get to. They've always been a pest as well as their fanbase as a whole. They're like the baby brother in the family that thinks they're ready to take on the older sibling only to get knocked upside the head and running back with their tails between their legs. And when they do get lucky and get a cheap shot in (a rare win in this case) they run around bragging like they're the hottest thing since sliced bread.

They're annoying, but I despise that team a lot less than I do for Minnesota.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And the defense's job only becomes impossible when you got the league's worst offense on the other side unable to rack up any big plays or keep drives alive.

Members online

Latest posts