1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Announcement is LIVE: Read the Forum Post

Nfl teams gouging their fans. Where do you draw the line?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by IronMan, Dec 7, 2006.

1. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    This is mainly a baseball gripe that I have, but Nfl teams are doing it as well. As player salaries increase each year, so do ticket prices and especially, concession prices. This has really turned me off from going to St Louis Cardinal games the last few years. I mean, $9 for a beer? $4.50 for a bottle of water? Thats just ridiculous. $6 for a bratwurst??? $20 to park your car??!! Just 10 years ago it was only $5 to park your car. And with all the money teams have been throwing around in free agency., Im sure its just going to get worse

And prices in the NFL arent any better. Ive only been to one Chiefs game and one Rams game. And the concession prices are just as ridiculous. Now, you could say, well if you dont want to pay the price then dont buy one. But if Im going to go to a game Im going to want to enjoy myself. Im just not willing to spend $9 for 1 beer. So Ive pretty much decided Ill just watch it on tv. Concession prices are just getting out of control.

Ive never been to a game at Lambeau. But where do you draw the line? For a beer...9, 10 15 dollars?

2. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Re: Nfl teams gouging their fans. Where do you draw the line

When I go to Lambeau, I never leave my seat (except for the time Favre did his leap 5 rows in front of me and I was getting a brat for my guest.

I do my beer drinking during tailgating prior to the game.

As for baseball, I view that as an expensive bar. The game bores me so I plan on spending the cash for the beer.

I agree with your assesment with the baseball free agency. Some guy on the cubs just got signed for 10 mil a year and he is an average at best pitcher. how do the bean counters figure that they will get their ten mill out of him? If he does decent, it will cost them 1 mil a win!

3. NiVeK

NiVeK Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    We can't really put baseball in the same boat as football....baseball is just starting to get completely ridiculous the way the players are getting paid. In the NFL, at least you know there will always be a cap.

4. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Beers are $6 for a pint of Leinie's (pretty decent price) and I think $4.50 or $5 for bottles of Miller products. The prices are still relatively low at Lambeau.

5. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

Thats not too bad.

6. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3

Lets face it........pro sports games are for rich people only now adays. Me, if i get a chance to go, i might have one beer while i'm there. And it's best to eat before you go in to save the money.
    It's the same with going to the movies. $8.50 a ticket, and if you want popcorn (which costs them what, 10 cents?) and a soda, you drop 10 more dollars. Nothing is cheap anymore.

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    No, pro sports are for those with expense accounts. Going to the game and eating and drinking at very high prices are all tax deductible.

Spending your own money on those kind of prices??

8. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2

Problem is, most companies are now putting the squeeze on expense reports. Cheesy Poot is right, you need to have some decent cash income to go to a game and not worry about the prices.

9. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8

The Royals just signed Gil Meche to a 5 year $55 million contract. Absolutely ******* ridiculous. This guy has a career era of 4.65. Baseball salaries are out if control. I can see teams charging $25 for a beer in a few years. And probaly $100 to park your car. They wont be getting anymore of my money though.

10. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The NFL can gouge me all they please. After all the joy they've brought to me I'll never be able to repay them.

11. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Same thing with Ted Lilly. 4 years for $40 million is ridiculous.

Also, some lots around Fenway already charge $90 to park. Unreal.

12. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    So right Trippster! The few times i did get to go, i had to watch what i spent. It takes alot of the fun out of it having to watch every dime.
    The only thing you CAN do is not go. But there always will be someone there with deep pockets that will be more then happy to pay the prices.
    I'm on the waiting list for Packer season tickets, but realisticly, if my name did come up, how the heck would i be able to afford paying for them? But i don't have to worry..........i won't get to that point until i'm about 150 years old!!!LOL! :rotflmao:

13. eastcoastpacker

eastcoastpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Thats only a couple of years from now cheesey,isn't it? :rotflmao: Just kiddin' with you! I stopprd going to the New York Mets games for the same reason,to darn expensive!!! I just watch them on tv.

14. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    HEY!!! COME ON!!! I'm ONLY 135!!! :thumbsup:
    Your only as old as you feel.......so......will someone feel me and tell me how old i am???? :rotflmao:

15. Heatherthepackgirl

Heatherthepackgirl Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I felt you Cheesy when I was in Wisconsin, to me you feel like 134..LOL..

16. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    :wtf:

17. Philtration

Philtration Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +9
    I once had a great job working at Solder Feild. I was a vendor and all I had to do to get in was show the guys at the gate my Chicago Park District employee badge and walk right in.
    There was no connection between the gate and the office that controled the consessions so I never had to report for work. All saleries were based on sales so if you sold nothing you made nothing and they did not care.

I saw a lot of free Bears games and concerts. Being a Park District employee, I could roam around the stadium where ever I wanted.
    I could walk down to the side lines during the football games and get back stage during the concerts.
    I got to meet Walter Payton and **** Jagger just for showing up for my job. I never made any money working there and I did not care. It was great!

To see either an NFL game or Stones concert now would cost a left nut.

18. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Looks like i never will get to go see a Stones concert..........I only have a RIGHT one!!! :rotflmao: :thumbsup:

19. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I felt you too!!!.........(don't tell Edder!!!)LOLOLOL!!!

I have to share this story too.......a few years ago, I was at my friends house, and his girlfriend was there at the time. She was.......rather well endowed (top heavy!) I went up to her and asked her......"Hey Sarah, is the top your wearing felt?" She of course said as she looked down....."Uh.....No, it's not!" So i of course said "Would you LIKE it to be???"
    She turned red, and said "I should have KNOWN better!!!"