NFL stands by TT and gives the pack...

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's only fair since the Packers really sucked last year and no one knows if Favre is coming back. We would have at least one MNF this year because of Favre alone.

spardo62

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't mean to be selfish, but I think noon games are great, as the 5.5 hour drive home sucks after a 3:15 or 7:30 game, and I need to take 2 vacation days to attend a Monday night game.

One of the many curses of living in IOWA. :lol:

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
last year, coming off of a playoff season, we played vs. detroit on a sunday afternoon, not nationally tv'd...and we didn't play thanksgiving day either...calm down

Beab66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Right you are Spardo!!! I live in NW Wis. and even 4 hours is not fun after a 3:15 start and I have only seen one Mon. night game ever. (It was Freeman's catch.) Not ready for prime time is OK with me. As for Thanksgiving, playing in Detroit is always a bad omen. Lombardi had it right when he asked that the rest of the league take their turn.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow Green Bay was left off of week 1 and Thanksgiving primetime.. So were the Patroits!!

Point being I'm sure Green Bay has at least one monday night game next year.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
porky88 said:
Wow Green Bay was left off of week 1 and Thanksgiving primetime.. So were the Patroits!!

Point being I'm sure Green Bay has at least one monday night game next year.

Put us on against the birds on monday night, please, we must beat the eagles or this season will be a failure

Favre coming back has all the influence on this--we will still be regarded as a ratings-team if he does, and if not, well then...

EDIT, I'll just break down these games that the NFL has announced, all five, compared to the 30+ prime time slots they have per year

Dolphins at Steelers...The Dolphins have had some down years, but are poised to make a run at the division, and have a national following...the Steelers are the defending champs. Miami also got a thanksgiving day appearance

Sunday Night Opening week, Indy at NYG...The first NFL on NBC game in ten years, Manning v. Manning--probably the most marketable storyline the NFL could have...

Minnesota at Washington...new FA's for Minnesota, they always seem to be in the national spotlight, playing in Washington DC on what will be the 5th anniversary of 9-11 (even though last years Monday night D.H. flopped)

San Diego at Oakland...10:15 Opening Monday Night, alright this ****** me off, ESPN tries to duplicate their NBA coverage by over-saturating us with their sports coverage, sure its 7 on the west coast but, thats late...

JeezusJuice

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess we'll have to attend more games in person.

Any Packer fans in Kentucky want to take a road trip one game? :cross:

I googled it, about 500 miles from Louisville to GB.

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome to the bottom of the barrel. The lions got a preseason monday night football game last year and were made to look like complete fools. The only one we have garaunteed is thanksgiving and that's only because of tradition. Last year our thanksgiving performance was bad enough to get our coach fired. If your team is really bad, you don't always necessarily want the whole nation to see it.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
are 4-12 teams supposed to get 3 MNF games and other prime time games? LOL

HELLO!

We mighta got 1 if Favre said hes coming back, cuz Favre=Ratings.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind one year of Packers vs whoever Sunday 1pm Eastern time.

For one it is easier for everyone to schedule their Sundays, two I think it helps the players to stay in a routine.

Even though we were 4-12 last year, I am betting we still get 1 Monday night game and 1 Sunday night game.

Latest posts