NFL says call was correct

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course they do. They think the refereeing is being "overscrutinized". And ratings are up, which is all they care about. the NFL has officially become a Mickey Mouse league.

fanoffootball

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he would. But if you think this is due to the referees being incompetent, you have once again had a curtain pulled over your eyes with a outrageous call.

This wasn't one call. This game was called perfectly up to midway through the 4th quarter. These guys showed me they are fully capable of calling the game correctly. And then everything started becoming chaotic in the final minutes of the game, on game changing penalties.

This has happened all weekend, and when all of a sudden these guys start going full retard, on plays even an ignorant by stander would get right, you have to look past simple excuses like incompetence. Realize that when the incompetence leads to things such as 1 billion dollars in gambling money being exchanged on the final play of the game....there is probably more going on than simple incompetence. This weekend has had blatant match fixing throughout the league, and the Packers were just another victim.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL and Roger Godell have now moved into the same realm as Iran and Ahmadinejad - farces that no longer deserve my attention or respect

OP
OP
Crazy Packers Fan

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally agree, after all there was a Saints fan who almost officiated a Saints game. For so many bad calls to all go against the Packers in the 4th quarter, there had to be something up.

Reaction score
"My Job is to Protect the shield... (unless it'll cost us pocket change) ." - Goodell
smh... if this costs us home field, just saying... a lot of local businesses need some home playoff games for the Packers... hotels - bars, etc.

Reaction score
They only admitted the pass interference but failed to point out the illegal block in the back near Wilson on the same play.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interception with 7 or 8 minutes to go in Seattle territory, by McMillian, that was denied because the ref threw the hanky for a late hit on Walden: I just took some still photos of it: Walden was starting his launch at the same time Wilson was starting his launch of the ball. And Walden hits him, with Walden's helmet level even with Wilson's WAIST. Waist level. It wasn't a little higher where he might be flagged for the helmet hit, which he was 2 years ago on a Cutler hit that was also an interception denied.

He was at the waist.
Sure his arms wrapped him up lower than that, because he was making a real tackle, not just a missile shot. That call was a terrible bad call, cost us points which would have iced it. Was already FG range with us up 12-7.

The pass interference call on Shields against Sidney Rice: That was PATHETIC.
Shields was in PERFECT TEXTBOOK coverage. A+.
He also PLAYED THE BALL perfectly, TEXTBOOK. Just how it's taught.
He had both arms free set to go up for the pick, which he is good at.
But Rice A) shoved him (not as hard as Tate's of course), and even B) grabbed Sam's facemask from our right side, and twisted Sam's head to the side. I also have taken photos of this in the still replays.

That was 1st & 30 yards to go, and it gave them 43 yards and a 1st down. It was as bad as calls get. Except for the final play when Shields also was in perfect position and all he was guilty of was being shoved hard from behind and falling down.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFL is a complete joke...Rodger Goddel is a complete joke. Of course they won't admit it was a blown call they have to much pride and only care about collecting checks. Godell is the fakest owner in all of sports, claims he cares about the integrity of the game but he cares more about ratings and revenue.

This game was the worst game i've ever watched or been apart of as a fan or as a player. Disgrace all the way around. Roger Godell doesn't care about the players, if he did he would have never let it be taken this far. The Guy will always be a joke in my book as long as he's in charge.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he would. But if you think this is due to the referees being incompetent, you have once again had a curtain pulled over your eyes with a outrageous call.

This wasn't one call. This game was called perfectly up to midway through the 4th quarter. These guys showed me they are fully capable of calling the game correctly. And then everything started becoming chaotic in the final minutes of the game, on game changing penalties.

This has happened all weekend, and when all of a sudden these guys start going full retard, on plays even an ignorant by stander would get right, you have to look past simple excuses like incompetence. Realize that when the incompetence leads to things such as 1 billion dollars in gambling money being exchanged on the final play of the game....there is probably more going on than simple incompetence. This weekend has had blatant match fixing throughout the league, and the Packers were just another victim.

I agree. I'll always beleive that game was fixed.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here are my 2 snapshots of the Walden hit on Wilson.
You can see in frame 1 that Wilson is cocking to throw as the same time Walden is launching at Wilson's waist.
Walden doesn't take another step. He launches off that left food a split-second after this frame, as Wilson throws the ball a split-second after.

Then of course Walden lands his shoulder & head into Wilson's waist and thigh. Perfectly legal zone to hit a QB. There's really only a safe-2 feet, especially with a QB this short. Walden was right there.
This cost us an interception at the Seahawk 30 or so yard line, with all the momentum and 7 minutes to go.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This is our favorite ref a few minutes after the called TD. I can't find the link to the video, but he says:

"Whoa, my meds are starting to wear off. Hey fellas, who won the game?"

. . . or add your own caption

GreenBlood

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This game was the worst game i've ever watched or been apart of as a fan or as a player.

Seriously? I would say with no hesitation that the 18 penalty game againt Chicago 2 years ago was far worse. Anyone remember Browns/Jags 2001? If the other refs had made that call, we'd have people calling for taking the high road and saying, "You can't bame the refs. We shouldn't have been in that position in the first place." But this year, the refs are fair game. I wonder if the other officials will face the same level of scrutiny these guys are getting? I'm gonna bet the answer is "no" even if they deserve it.

BTW, if you want to blame the NFL, keep in mind the world's highest paid part-time referees are equally to blame.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Given any Packer/NFL news/data/event and somehow somewhere a Packer fan will use it to ridicule Cutler/Bears.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously? I would say with no hesitation that the 18 penalty game againt Chicago 2 years ago was far worse. Anyone remember Browns/Jags 2001? If the other refs had made that call, we'd have people calling for taking the high road and saying, "You can't bame the refs. We shouldn't have been in that position in the first place." But this year, the refs are fair game. I wonder if the other officials will face the same level of scrutiny these guys are getting? I'm gonna bet the answer is "no" even if they deserve it.

BTW, if you want to blame the NFL, keep in mind the world's highest paid part-time referees are equally to blame.
Agreed with everything except the highlighted part. I bet the real refs are back within a month and within a month of that, there will be a game with a bad call and everyone will be up in arms about it.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, has Mr. Goodall renewed the people's faith in the integrity of the game? What an idiot. The league statement only increases people's questioning the integrity, but now we can look beyond just the refs on the field as incompetent.

Personally, here is where I am at.

The biggest gaff in all of this was the replay official in the box. He is an former on-field ref who has been doing this for over 20 years. IMHO he purposely made a bad call to cause controversy to help leverage the real refs position.

Anyhow . . .

Screw the real refs. I would fire them all right now. They make $100k - 145k per year and work 42 days on average. They are demanding an increase in pension and to be paid for all the games they miss. Screw em. I thought last season was the worst officiating I have ever seen. Course, this year may pass that up.

What sucks about the NFL is that their temp fix sucks. They need to fire most of these fools and hire some permanent full-timers and get them up to speed. Division A sorts from the big 10 or whatever. They need to hire excoaches and other league officials to sit in the booth and radio their opinions and rule interpretations to the on field guys. Entirely seemless.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I was at game and still hurting. We knocked the hawks in the mouth at there own game. I paid over 300 dollars for three tickets and the NFL can't pay the real reff's a few dollars. This one really hurts.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
so thats a total of over 1000 dollars to go to game with all the extra stuff. Just ridiculous!

Schack2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Commisioners office phone number is
1-212-450-2027

Call and leave message just to vent as they
don't care to do the correct thing and confirm
the wrong calls were made.

Members online

Latest posts