NFL Power Rankings, First Quarter Awards and League Leaders

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
Power Rankings and first quarter awards by me, along with some of the league leaders

2006 Power Rankings: Regular Season (Week 5 Oct 3 )

by thetombradyhater

1. Colts(1) - Peyton Manning leads the Colts on two impressvie drives late in the game to hold on for a victory over the Jets.

2. Bears(4)- Beating down the Seahawks on national TV proves Da Bears are among the elite

3. Ravens(7)- Steve McNair was the missing link in previous years, McNair showed his worth by marching the Ravens down the field with the clock winding down to give the Ravens the win.

4. Broncos(8 )- The Broncos rise during a bye week as a few top teams loose (Chargers, Bengals, Jaguars, ect)

5. Seahawks(3)- The loss hurts but if its any consalation it came against the new ruler of the NFC

6. Patriots(16)- Laurence Maroney could be a 1,000 yard rusher for the next 10+ years, I allready can see him as a multi ple time pro bowler and posiibly a Hall of Famer

7.Chargers(5)-Well its only one loss.

8. Bengals(2)- The Bengals Defence just could not stop the Pats run gamee at all

9. Eagles(11)- The first half of the game was ugly for the Eagles a team that was suppose to win with realitive ease, but when the secondhalf began the Eagles were a new team.

10. Falcons(15)- If you give the Falcons a pass for last week, they look like a good team

11.Cowboys(12)- TO returns and the Cowboys offense explodes

12.Panthers(16)- 2-0 with Steve Smith 0-2 without him.

13. Jaguars(6) - Santana Moss and Mark Brunell (among others) teared apart the Jags D that seemed unstopable against the Steelers

14. Steelers(13 )- Big game for the Steelers next week against the Chargers, a win could prove that they still are a very good NFL team, and a loss could be a knockout punch

15. Saints(9)-The Saints return to reality after a magical homecoming last week

16. Redskins(21)- A very impressive win from a team that looked like could be done with a loss

17. Rams(18 )- The Rams are 3-1, not bad.

18. Giants(17)- The Giants could have easily been winless right now

19. Bills(20)- JP Losman finally has the offense workng well this year

20. Jets(19)-Miracle final play almost worked, almost.

21. Vikings(10)- After staring the season on a very high note the Vikings luck has changed quickly

22. Chiefs(22) -The Chiefs defense had a shutout! Oh wait it was against the 49ers, that doesn't even count. _

23. Browns(28 )- Solid comeback win over the Raiders

24. Texans(31)- Texans pull an upset on a team with playoff hopes this year

25. Cardinals( 25)- At least Matt Leinart is in now

26. Dolphins(26)- Where Ricky Williams whe you need him?

27.Packers(23)- At least it was close at halftime

28. 49ers(25)- The 49ers return to their place dropping back out of the Top 25.

29.Buccaneers(27)- Doesn't look good for the team that was superbowl champions not to long ago

30. Lions(29)-No matter what they try the lions can't seem to win

31. Titans(30)-You miss Steve McNair?

32. Raiders(32) - Randy Moss gets a whopping 1 catch in Sundays loss

*number in ( ) is last weeks power rankings*

First Quarter Awards

Offensive Rookie: Laurence Maroney
Maroney is amazing. Ever ince I saw him run in the preseason this year I knew he would be special. Maroney absolutely killed the Bengals this week.
Honorable Mentions: Marques Colston, Greg Jennings, Reggie Bush

Defensive Rookie: Kamerion Wimbley
Wimbley, Clevland Browns outside linebacker is having a strong year. Wimbley has a 3 sacks along with 12 total tackles
Honorable Mentions: Donte Whitner, Demeco Ryans, Keith Ellison

Comeback Player: Donovan McNabb
One year after having major problems with injury and TO McNabb comes back and is having a career year. The Eagles are shocking everyone and are 3-1 (they easily could be undefeated)
Honorable Mentions: Rex Grossman, and Kellen Winslow JR

Most Surprising Team:New Orleans
After bring in Drew Brees and Reggie Bush this offseason most people expected the Saints to be better then last year. But only a quarter of the way thru this season the Saints have already matched their 2005 win total.
Honorable Mentions: Rams, and Falcons

Most Disappointing teamDolphins
After ending last year with seven straight wins and finishing 9-7 the Dolphins had high hopes for this year. They brought in QB Daunte Culpepper, but it just hasn’t worked so far. The Dolphins are 1-3 and will need to reel off an impressive string of games like last year if they have any hope of even smelling the playoffs.
Dishonorable Mentions: Steelers, Chiefs, Buccaneers, and Giants

Worst Team:The Raiders
Despite having Randy Moss their offense is pitiful last in total offense and tied for last in scoring offense. On top of that they are tied for 29th in turnover margin. When the Raiders finally have a good game to start, against the Browns, they can't hold on for a victory.
Dishonorable Mentions: Lions, Titans, and Buccaneers

Best Team:Colts
Edgerrin James is gone but Peyton Manning and the offense is as good as ever (well almost). So far the Passing game has been amazing as usual and though the running game isn’t what it was with Edge, it isn’t shabby and is enough to get by with. The defense has played good enough and when the Colts needed a lift most the Special Teams came up with it as the Colts returned a punt for a TD
Honorable Mentions: Bears and Ravens

Best Defensive Player: Julius Peppers
Julius Peppers is playing very good racking up 5 sacks and 22 tackles in 4 games. Peppers is on pace to have his best season yet.
Honorable Mentions: Rashean Mathis, Angelo Crowell, Shawne Merriman

MVP Donovan McNabb
Right now the Eagles could be undefeated, due in large amounts to their team leader Donovan McNabb. McNabb is third in the league in passer rating and first in both Passing Yards and Passing touchdowns. On top of that McNabb has two rushing touchdowns and only one interception. Honorable Mentions: Peyton Manning and Rex Grossman

League Leaders

Passing Yards
Donovan McNabb 1248
Peyton Manning 1112
Jon Kitna 1081
Drew Brees 1063
Rex Grossman 1061
Brett Favre 1055
Marc Bulger 1039
Chad Pennington 1015

Passing TD's
Donovan McNabb 9
Eli Manning 8
Rex Grossman 8 3
David Carr 7
Peyton Manning 6
Tom Brady 6
Chad Pennington 6
Carson Palmer 6
Matt Hasselbeck 6
Brett Favre 6

Passer Rating
David Carr 108.9
Damon Huard 106.9
Donovan McNabb 106.0
Chad Pennington 102.3
Rex Grossman 100.8
Peyton Manning 97.7

Rushing Yards
Willis McGahee 389
Steven Jackson 367
Warrick Dunn 365
Rudi Johnson 353
Michael Vick 333
Frank Gore 331
LaDainian Tomlinson300

Rushing TD's
Kevan Barlow 4
Rudi Johnson 4
Clinton Portis 4
Dominic Rhodes 3
Laurence Maroney 3
Charlie Frye 3
LaDainian Tomlinson 3
Brian Westbrook 3
Kevin Jones 3
Frank Gore 3
Deuce McAllister 3

Recieving Yards
Marvin Harrison 413
Laveranues Coles 412
Andre Johnson 410
Roy Williams 384
Reggie Wayne 358

Recieving TD's
All have 3
Jerricho Cotchery
Todd Heap
Reggie Williams
Darrell Jackson
Amani Toomer
Terry Glenn
Santana Moss
Bernard Berrian
Marques Colston
Torry Holt

Sacks
Bart Scott 5
Trent Cole 5
Tommie Harris 5
Julius Peppers 5
Robert Mathis 4.5
Aaron Kampman4.5
Robert Geathers4
Justin Smith 4
Shawne Merriman4

Tackels
Chris Hope 41
Gary Brackett 40
Jonathan Vilma 40
Keith Bulluck 39
Zach Thomas 38
Eric Barton 38
DeMeco Ryans 38
Angelo Crowell 36

Interceptions
Rashean Mathis 4
DeAngelo Hall 3
(there are 17 people with 2 INT's)

OP
OP
T

thetombradyhater

Cheesehead
Reaction score
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?q=42.957176+-
I spent endless hours on this staying up untill the wee hours of the morning, working my butt of for this. I put myblood sweat and tears into this yet I get no comments whatsoever. What has the world come to? A place where I will no longer be appreciated!?!?!!!

Kidding, it didn't take that long and I actually did it for another website. But I am surprised no one has any comments on this

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice work....but I think Tom Brady should be MVP

just kidding of course.

I guess I agree with your awards for the most part but I don't believe they will hold up season long. For instance McNabb for MVP....so far so good....but he has put those numbers up against teams ranked 18, 24, 27 and 28 and all 4 of those teams have horrible defenses.

YERCELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not like the Pats are horrible. Just because they aren't what they once were doesn't mean they are bad. I'm pretty sure he didn't have to do pretty much anything against the Bengals (see Laurence Maroney).

bavpb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: NFL Power Rankings, First Quarter Awards and League Lead

At least we have one honorable and NO dishonorable mention. :wink: 8)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts