NFL Playoffs Prediction Contest - Super Bowl Week!

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you guess the correct individual team score, regardless of correct winner: 10 points each
If you pick winner correctly: 100 points
If you guess both the correct winner and exact score of the game: 125 bonus points tacked on.

Championship Weekend Score --- Total Score
@El Guapo --225 ----------------------- 425
@Pokerbrat2000 -- 60 ----------------- 260
@Voyageur -- 50 ----------------------- 205
@Albert Park -- 105 -------------------- 210
@Canadian Cheddar -- 50 ------------- 200
@lambeaulambo -- 100 ---------------- 200
@buggybill2003 -- 50 ------------------ 170
@Pkrjones -- 50 ------------------------ 170
@G0P4ckG0 -- 55 ---------------------- 155
@Poppa San -- 0 ----------------------- 130
@OldSchool101 -- 50 ------------------ 120
@Budman -- 50 ------------------------ 115
@Mondio -- 0 ---------------------------105
@TEXPAC2 -- 0 ------------------------- 80
@gonzozab -- 0 ------------------------- 15
@Sanguine camper -- 0 ----------------- 0

Template for your use below.

Cincinnati Bengals @ LA Rams

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bengals 38 @ LA Rams 35

Evan McPherson to Brandon Allen as he lines up for the game winning FG - "Ah, looks like we’re going to be Super Bowl Champions". :)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone grab El Guapo and take him out back. He has a Chiefs like lead and the rest of us need to be like the Bengals to pull this one out!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Cincinnati Bengals @ LA Rams

Whatever team El Guapo chooses to win: 28

Whatever team El Guapo chooses to lose: 34

There we have it:

Rams: 34
Bengals: 28

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
For all of the negatives that I have heard concerning OBJ, this made up for a few of them.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I met OBJ at my hotel in NJ a few years back. I remember that he had tattoos all over his calves and he came off as a pretty nice kid.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Joe Burrow ask Patrick Mahomes to make his comeback easier?

There are five of you who are mathematically able to tie or beat me assuming that the Rams win and you guess the final score correctly. It's not that far-fetched of a scenario!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be easier for the rest of us, to potentially catch you, if you predict a tie game. Us you never know, might go into 48 OTs and they finally call it a tie. :whistling:
Remember when it was, "Sudden Death Overtime?"
So dramatic!
LOL

It was first team scores and I think it was 15 min.
They either need to go back to that or no clock or college OT rules since there are no ties in college ball that I am aware of.
Enough of ties.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Remember when it was, "Sudden Death Overtime?"
So dramatic!
LOL

It was first team scores and I think it was 15 min.
They either need to go back to that or no clock or college OT rules since there are no ties in college ball that I am aware of.
Enough of ties.
I would prefer a tie, over "first team to score wins". That is even worse than the current rules, since all it takes to win is a FG. So basically, a coin flip probably decides the game. While I prefer the college rules over what the NFL currently does, I would prefer they just change the rule to no matter what the first team with the ball does (FG/TD, turnover, punt) the other team at least gets the ball one time.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So basically, a coin flip probably decides the game.
I dunno if you watched the Bengals/Chiefs PO game but for OT Chiefs won the toss then Bengals INT Mahomes to move down the field to score the winning FG which was pretty awesome!
(Yes, I know you put the word "probably" in there which means it is not definite which is what I am showing in my example.)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I dunno if you watched the Bengals/Chiefs PO game but for OT Chiefs won the toss then Bengals INT Mahomes to move down the field to score the winning FG which was pretty awesome!
(Yes, I know you put the word "probably" in there which means it is not definite which is what I am showing in my example.)
You are actually proving my point. Both offenses had a crack at the ball, so not sure how that changes anything. I don't have stats, but it isn't uncommon for a game to end in OT, with one teams offense not even touching the ball. That needs to change IMO. Please don't anyone say "they should have found a way to win it in regulation time." Maybe they did, scored 3 TDS in the last 4 minutes of the game, to tie it up. We don't know how it ended in a tie, there are so many ways for that to happen. What we do know is that both teams have played for 60 minutes and it is now a tie. To lose a coin flip and never touch the ball on offense, meh.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are actually proving my point. Both offenses had a crack at the ball, so not sure how that changes anything. I don't have stats, but it isn't uncommon for a game to end in OT, with one teams offense not even touching the ball. That needs to change IMO. Please don't anyone say "they should have found a way to win it in regulation time." Maybe they did, scored 3 TDS in the last 4 minutes of the game, to tie it up. We don't know how it ended in a tie, there are so many ways for that to happen. What we do know is that both teams have played for 60 minutes and it is now a tie. To lose a coin flip and never touch the ball on offense, meh.
Has there ever been a double OT or more in a big game, where we know they will not allow it to end in a tie?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Has there ever been a double OT or more in a big game, where we know they will not allow it to end in a tie?
Christmas Day 1971, fans were treated to 7+ hrs of the same football game. I would love to know how it lasted THAT long...game clock time was only 82 minutes and 40 seconds.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Christmas Day 1971, fans were treated to 7+ hrs of the same football game. I would love to know how it lasted THAT long...game clock time was only 82 minutes and 40 seconds.

Thank you for showing me that.

From this...
In all, this AFC Divisional playoff game lasted more than seven hours and required 82 minutes and 40 seconds of game time to reach its conclusion. You think fans were happy to see that game-winning field goal sail through the uprights?
I gather they must had tons of TV timeouts to make it last that long on TV and radio.

Yeah, seems crazy that they could somehow stretch a quarter plus (Another 23 min. or 15 for one and 8 for the other. ) and add on another four hours?
Which is an hour more than a reg. game?
How the heck did they do and get away with that?

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least the NFL hasn't resorted to an NHL shoot-out scenario, where each team's QB and a WR square off against one CB and one DL.

Recognizing how exhausting OT games are to the players, I would be happy with a scenario where each team gets one possession in OT. If the score is still tied after each team gets a possession, they each get another possession until a winner emerges. It keeps games shorter but allows each team an opportunity instead of just a coin toss.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
This reminds me of Wisconsin-native Matt Kenseth's Winston Cup championship in 2003. He was so far ahead that the last race of the season was irrelevant. Roger Penske and others were so mad that they got NASCAR to change the entire way that points and championships played out by creating the "Chase For The Cup" format. Winston Cigarettes left NASCAR, was replaced by Nextel, and the NASCAR playoffs were born.

Now, the difference is that Kenseth was consistently excellent all season while only taking the checkered flag once. NASCAR's Chase format changed the system to reward drivers with bonuses for winning, not just being good (i.e. boring). They pushed drivers back to the old mantra of the checkers or the wreckers. I suppose that I was the opposite of Kenseth. I wasn't at all consistently good at picking winners, but picked up a lot of bonuses by always using the most common scores in football. It was a winning strategy for me this season, but I think that Roger Penske would be upset.

We'll see what the all mighty commissioner of this pick'em league does in 2022!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts