NFL Playoffs Prediction Contest-Divisional Round

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so everyone is guaranteed a possession, then someone gets 3 and the other doesn't. You've made it better or more equitable how? The bills need to keep them from scoring in 13 seconds and none of this is a conversation today.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what teams did, if they just added 10 minutes to the game (if tied at the end of regulation) and leave the game as is. If it ends tied after 10 minutes, in regular season, its a tie. In a playoff game, where you have to have a winner, add 5 minutes after the 10 are up.

Scenario: Team is down by 7 points and scores a TD with 30 seconds on the clock. Today, most teams tie it with XP, but knowing that 10 minutes is added if the game is tied at 0:00 do you maybe go for 2?

I think one thing that made the Chiefs win seem hollow, was that they kicked a FG at the end of regulation to tie it, clock read 0:00....coin toss and the Chiefs get the ball, score a TD, game over.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the idea that was suggested where both teams have an opportunity to play offense during an overtime. It only seems fair. After a 15 minute OT session, if still tied, you could go to possessions on the 20, with both teams getting opportunities, just like in college, or you could go to a format where it's just going for 2 point conversions until the tie is broken on equal opportunities.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would be interesting to see what teams did, if they just added 10 minutes to the game (if tied at the end of regulation) and leave the game as is. If it ends tied after 10 minutes, in regular season, its a tie. In a playoff game, where you have to have a winner, add 5 minutes after the 10 are up.

Scenario: Team is down by 7 points and scores a TD with 30 seconds on the clock. Today, most teams tie it with XP, but knowing that 10 minutes is added if the game is tied at 0:00 do you maybe go for 2?

I think one thing that made the Chiefs win seem hollow, was that they kicked a FG at the end of regulation to tie it, clock read 0:00....coin toss and the Chiefs get the ball, score a TD, game over.
so change the rules, but then why is it fair to let time run out on the team who has the ball to end the first half, but in the 2nd, they don't have to play against the clock anymore knowing it's just going to get extended? I hate this more than sudden death.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
so change the rules, but then why is it fair to let time run out on the team who has the ball to end the first half, but in the 2nd, they don't have to play against the clock anymore knowing it's just going to get extended? I hate this more than sudden death.
I believe the intent of the second half kickoff is to balance out who started the game with the ball. Doing it again (coin flip) to start OT, doesn't balance out.

I'd be fine with picking up in the 3rd Q where they left off. No coin flip to start the game, the visiting team has their choice of kicking or receiving to start the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Was there a conference championship contest?

I forgot to look or post.

If you will count my time stamped text...I'm in!
Otherwise, the second game hasn't started yet!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Edit...Oh hell...I'm even in the wrong year!

Members online

Latest posts