NFL Playoffs Prediction Contest '23 - Conference Championship Weekend

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Congrats to @Canadian Cheddar for hitting all 4 games' winners correctly!! @Voyageur had a direct hit. @Budman, @OldSchool101 & @Pkrjones got exact team score correct for 5 bonus points.

All are welcome to play!!

If you guess the correct individual team score, regardless of correct winner: 5 points each
If you pick correct winner on at least half the games scheduled for the week: 50 points
If you nail it on both games: 100 points
If you guess both the correct winner and score of any game: 125 bonus points tacked on for each correct game.

** ALL submissions must be entered prior to the first game of the weekend, no late entries.

Divisional Round Results: --- Overall Score:
@Voyageur --200-------------------275
@Canadian Cheddar --150----------225
@Budman --20-----------------------170
@Mondio --75------------------------160
@Pkrjones --80----------------------155
@Pokerbrat2000 --75---------------150
@Guacamole --75-------------------150
@Albert Park --50-------------------130
@OldSchool101 --20-----------------70
@GBkrzygrl --00---------------------50

2 Games this Week

San Francisco @ Philadelphia
Cincinnati @ Kansas City

Last edited:

Budman

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Francisco 19 @ Philadelphia 32
Cincinnati 33
@ Kansas City 27

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The magic is gone from the chicken. I'm afraid he was offered up as a sacrifice to Jobu for this coming week. We need the points!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Conference Championships
San Francisco 20 Philadelphia 27
Cincinnati 27
Kansas City 20

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
San Francisco 26 @ Philadelphia 24 I went back and forth on this one so much. In the end, 9ers are weakest on the back end of the defense, but I think the linebackers will control the other 2 aspects of their offense. I don't believe in Purdy, this will be the best defense he's faced and he's been skating by on some plays. But I do believe in Debo, Kittle, McCaffery, etc.

Cincinnati 34 @ Kansas City 28

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Have to admit that it is nice to watch THIS 9'ers team get plain and simple a**kicked. This 9'ers team is just big on dirty after the whistle sh*t.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Forgot about this!

Here are my predictions that I texted to a friend....before games started. If not acceptable....I'm in for the 2nd game! :roflmao:

Reaction score
The 49ers game is a fine example of what happens to a teams Defense when their Offense is struggling. It clearly takes both phases and it’s humiliating and discouraging for a Defense when their Offense repeatedly lays eggs.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forgot about this!

Here are my predictions that I texted to a friend....before games started. If not acceptable....I'm in for the 2nd game! :roflmao:
I vote to accept his entry. It was posted prior to the first game. He can't help it that he's too dumb to know where it should be posted. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The 49ers game is a fine example of what happens to a teams Defense when their Offense is struggling. It clearly takes both phases and it’s humiliating and discouraging for a Defense when their Offense repeatedly lays eggs.
Agree...kind of reminded me of the Packers playoff loss to them. Although, we weren't down to our 4th QB or having to put our 3rd back in, with an injured throwing arm.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I vote to accept his entry. It was posted prior to the first game. He can't help it that he's too dumb to know where it should be posted. ;)

I'm ok accepting the entry since he went through so much effort to Photoshop a text. ;)
Thanks for all your faith in both my stupidity and my brilliance! Really warmed my heart! :inlove:

Reaction score
Have to say, MVS is looking pretty good today.
yes. He made some really nice plays. It’s kinda fun watching a Packer drafted player on another team.

Another thing I noticed was a 40 yard Burrow pass that hit his Receiver in the helmet in tight coverage. The ball was within 12” of perfectly thrown in those windy cold conditions, but dropped. It reminded me of the Rodgers throw that was dropped by Doubs, but Aaron placed that ball so perfect for like a 20 yard sideline. It goes to show that all teams drop some passes here and there,,especially in less than ideal temp/wind. It’s just going to happen on occasion.

I don’t see either KC or Cinci beating the Eagles though. So I don’t think this one matters. Although never count Mahomey boy out, he fights to the very last second and an exceptional competitor.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
yes. He made some really nice plays. It’s kinda fun watching a Packer drafted player on another team.

Another thing I noticed was a 40 yard Burrow pass that hit his Receiver in the helmet in tight coverage. The ball was within 12” of perfectly thrown in those windy cold conditions, but dropped. It reminded me of the Rodgers throw that was dropped by Doubs, but Aaron placed that ball so perfect for like a 20 yard sideline. It goes to show that all teams drop some passes here and there,,especially in less than ideal temp/wind. It’s just going to happen on occasion.

I don’t see either KC or Cinci beating the Eagles though. So I don’t think this one matters. Although never count Mahomey boy out, he fights to the very last second and an exceptional competitor.
Chiefs have an embarrassing amount of weapons. If all of them and Mahomes can get healthy, I think they give the Eagles all they can handle. Both teams have pretty solid defenses.

Side note...sucks to be Joseph Ossai right now. Reminded me of how Packer TE Brandon Bostick must have felt after the debacle in Seattle.

OP
OP
Pkrjones

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Side note...sucks to be Joseph Ossai right now. Reminded me of how Packer TE Brandon Bostick must have felt after the debacle in Seattle.
Ossai had a good game and shouldn't be blamed for the loss. Cincy's last drive was questionable clock management and play calling. Their D never should've been on the field last, IMHO.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I nailed those picks

Was hoping to see overtime, but that last play pretty much sealed it. Hit looked worse than it was, it was just a shove. big man caught up to mahomes, I think his foot was actually still in bounds, but Mahomes was well out and decided to give him a shove in the back. Dumb move, and he knew it. He had a pretty good game up to then. I feel bad for the guy, but you have to be smarter in those moments.

Reaction score
I nailed those picks

Was hoping to see overtime, but that last play pretty much sealed it. Hit looked worse than it was, it was just a shove. big man caught up to mahomes, I think his foot was actually still in bounds, but Mahomes was well out and decided to give him a shove in the back. Dumb move, and he knew it. He had a pretty good game up to then. I feel bad for the guy, but you have to be smarter in those moments.
Hmmm. Well ones things for sure. Quay Walker loved it! :eek:

Members online

Latest posts