NFL Playoff Machine

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If the Packers lose at Minnesota and finish the season in a tie with New Orleans at 12-4 they would clinch the #2 seed if the Saints lose to the Panthers in week 17.

Yeah I know, that would be based on conference record. If they tie on conference record via losing one more game to an AFC team (which would now have to be @ Tennessee), I don't see the Packers having a way to win the SOV tiebreaker is what I'm saying.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I know, that would be based on conference record. If they tie on conference record via losing one more game to an AFC team (which would now have to be @ Tennessee), I don't see the Packers having a way to win the SOV tiebreaker is what I'm saying.

There might be way if the Packers win against Minnesota but lose to the Lions. I'm not sure about that though.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There might be way if the Packers win against Minnesota but lose to the Lions. I'm not sure about that though.

You are correct, I didn't even consider that possibility. That would make it very, very close. My first scenario had the Saints still winning on SOV, changed one game and then it had the Saints winning on SOS, then changed the Bucs win to a Falcons win in Week 17 and it swung to us. Probably won't even come to that but worth noting if the Packers win and Saints lose on Sunday.

Members online

Latest posts