1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Network

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by 4thand26, May 3, 2006.

1. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    What is on the NFL network? On or Off season?

2. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    lots and lots.

the main show on it is NFL Access. it's a fairly typical sports news show (all football of course) with a ton of interviews and guest appearances and so forth. not a bad show at all.

they also play these hour-long documentary type programs on certain coaches and teams...past and present. i've seen similar types of shows on ESPNClassic. they also re-play certain games from last season. they used to play games fromall different era's, but i haven't seen them play really old games for quite a while...

they show footage of the combine every year before the draft, as well as...the draft!

i would love it if they paid some attention to college football, but i dn't really see that happening.

all in all, it's not a bad channel to have my friend.

3. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    NFL Network owns the right to show the Senior Bowl next year, Arrow.

there is your college ball.

4. arrowgargantuan

arrowgargantuan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    not enough!

5. 4thand26

4thand26 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Isn't there going to be an NFL broadcast on it next year???

btw - thanks for the info

6. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Thursday night games beginning Week 8 I think. Games still must be shown in local markets on a non-cable station, but I'm not sure they'll carry the NFL Network games on Sunday Ticket this year. It's really a pretty good channel. Certainly worth the $5 a month I think it costs.

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I no longer subscribe. Off season is best to have it. During the preseason last year all the games were rebroadcast and you could watch individual players and evaluate.
    They aired a sold out Lambeau Field for a scrimmage between the Bills and Packers(I think the practices and scrimmage went well).

Then the season started and you got 2 old playoff games repeated through the week. Coaches press conferences on Mondays commented on by Jim Mora. A league guy would cover bad officiated calls and give excuses. NO GAME HIGHLIGHTS or rebroadcast of the weeks games!!

There is a lot they could do but don't:

1) They could have done a lot with NFL films like Football Follies once in awhile.
    2) They could do an hour show every day on the status of teams in a different division. 12 minutes on a team then 3 minutes of commercials. 12 minutes a week on team news is not too much.
    3) With now 40 Superbowls they could once a week show one. It would take 9 months before they would repeat them. They could show playoff games leading to those superbowls on days preceding the airing of the super bowl.
    4) a half hour show going over each teams draft would be good for the dead time until training camp starts.

There is so much that could be done that isn't.

Total Access is a bit like NFL Tonight on ESPN done with player interviews and less pontification from studio guests.

I may subscribe again but they have to do more with the network. I fear eventually fans will almost be forced into subscribing.

To get it in my market, one has to buy a "digital package" or an additional $35 a month.

8. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Most of you don't realize the Dec. 21 game against the Vikings is on NFL Net.

Most think the local FOX affiliates will be able to carry it, but I emailed the FOX affiliate GM in our market and he implied they won't be able to carry it.

So that game will be accessed via radio only, or a bar that has the rights to carry it.

It's a scam by the NFL to force cable providers to carry the games...at a hefty cost to them, hence carried on to you and me.

ESPN is paying the NFL more than one billion dollars for this year's rights, then the NFL turns around and buys the rights to carry one of ESPN's bowl games...the Insight Bowl...I'm sure ESPN signed off on it, not wanting to jeopardize the pro football rights, but what you have here is a predator that wants eventually to get all of us sucked into their network to see the Packers games. This isn't free enterprise. The NFL owns it all and wants it all. There is no second league.

At that point I can tell you without hesitation I will tell the NFL to go to hell and I will tell the Green Bay Packers to go to hell.

9. net

net Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    ---------

Cheez--may I use your post in my battle to alert the public to the NFL Net farce?
    net