NFL Network Top 10 Brett Favre Games

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tonight at 9:00.

What will be on this list? I'm assuming it is going to be a complete mix of his best performances and most exciting games, wins and losses.

-1st comeback against the Bengals
-1st playoff win, bomb to Sterling
-Super bowl XXXI
-Super bowl XXXII
-1998 Wild Card loss to 49ers
-2003 Monday night after his dad died
-We want the ball and we're going to score
-4th and 26
-2007 Championship game loss to Giants
-2009 Championship game loss to Saints
Those are the first ten that came to mind... And here are some others I found or thought of...

-1995 5TDs, game winning drive over Bears
-1999 4TDs, 3INTs, 10-point 4th quarter comeback over Raiders
-2007 @Denver, bomb TD to Jennings on first play of overtime
-2009 last second win over 49ers
-2010 down-to-the-wire loss at Green Bay

And please, let's not argue in this thread. Favre is history and I just want to watch and enjoy this show tonight which will mostly be about classic Packers games.

Reaction score
Bomb to Jennings in 07 still gives me the chills. I actually have Greg Jennings game worn shoes both signed from that game :).

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
At least one game Packers vs. Vikes when he was playing for the Vikes. Probably the first one since it was teh first time a QB beat every team in the NFL, and officially earned the traitor achievement. ALso that Rams game he threw 6 picks was it?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ummm, who gives a f*ck?

I actually do...While he was a Packer 90% loved him...He had some awesome games as a Packer...

My list

Would start with his 1st game vs Cinncy and end with the Oakland game

Put any others in there and I am fine with them...But 96 should be in top 3

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SB wasn't particularly memorable as far as a "Favre" game. He played well but he wasn't the best on the field.

In fact, I think it's very fitting that Favre's best game was the most emotional of his career and Rodgers' best game was the most important.

Illustrates perfectly both of them.

OP
OP
E

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At least one game Packers vs. Vikes when he was playing for the Vikes. Probably the first one since it was teh first time a QB beat every team in the NFL, and officially earned the traitor achievement. ALso that Rams game he threw 6 picks was it?

His first game as a Viking against the Packers was a Monday night game, and I'm pretty sure it was the highest rated show in cable TV history. The Vikings dominated that game though; I'm hoping they skip it because it wasn't that great of a game.

Better games as a Viking were that last second ridiculous pass to beat the 49ers in 2009, and remember the 14 point comeback against the Cardinals last year. I'd be fine if they left those off too.

As for that Rams game, I think I totally blocked it from my memory. I remember his second worst playoff game, losing to the 8-8 Vikings and Randy Moss pretending to moon the crowd. Uh, I hope they leave these ones off too...

I bet they dig up some classics from the mid-90s that everyone has forgot about. He won too many exciting games with the Packers to fill the list with terrible performances and Vikings games...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vs Atlanta at old Milw County Stadium where he ran it in for the win..That was last Packer game there

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His first game as a Viking against the Packers was a Monday night game, and I'm pretty sure it was the highest rated show in cable TV history. The Vikings dominated that game though; I'm hoping they skip it because it wasn't that great of a game.

Better games as a Viking were that last second ridiculous pass to beat the 49ers in 2009, and remember the 14 point comeback against the Cardinals last year. I'd be fine if they left those off too.

As for that Rams game, I think I totally blocked it from my memory. I remember his second worst playoff game, losing to the 8-8 Vikings and Randy Moss pretending to moon the crowd. Uh, I hope they leave these ones off too...

I bet they dig up some classics from the mid-90s that everyone has forgot about. He won too many exciting games with the Packers to fill the list with terrible performances and Vikings games...
Some of us can't stand the guy in his final years and would love to see the losing games make this list.
I would be surprised if those were included.
This should be all about the glory that was Brett Favre.
And even if the big losses aren't on the list at least we remember them (Especially the Vikings ones) as well as the NFL and that's all that counts.

Chicocheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was going to start this thread, but then saw that it was up and running. Anyways, I don't know about 6 of them but I am going to make a prediction for 4 of the 10.

1) Super Bowl XXXI. Some say he wasn't the best on the field that day. I disagree, he was one of the best. Only Reggie could win the argument of who might have played better. He had 3 TDS, no INTs and was in his prime.

2) MNF vs. Oakland Raiders, the day after his father passed. I was in San Diego with my step father (a Raider fan.) and we watched this one. Brett destroyed the Raiders 42-7 or something like that. Media might have over hyped the game, but it was still an amazing feat to behold, especially considering his recent loss.

3) MNF vs. Broncos. Bomb to Greg Jennings for a TD on the first play of over time. Awesome win.

4) First comeback victory vs. Bengals. This is where it all started.

Say what you will about the man (and I have! Trust me!) he was still for the most part a great Packer. He was one of the guys that helped bring glory back to this organization. He filled my child hood with great football memories that can never be replaced.

Yes, he fell from glory, yes he let the spotlight affect him a bit too much, but he also made the game great to watch. Think not of what he did wrong, but instead think of all that that he did right.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Say what you will about the man (and I have! Trust me!) he was still for the most part a great Packer. He was one of the guys that helped bring glory back to this organization. great football memories that can never be replaced.

Yes, he fell from glory, yes he let the spotlight affect him a bit too much, but he also made the game great to watch. Think not of what he did wrong, but instead think of all that that he did right.

That is what I think of when he played for the PACKERS, now after them, well let's not go there!!

But you said what I feel

Jordyruns

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Top 10 Favre text messages,
or Favres top 10 favorite wranagler jeans

But I do want to watch this even though number one is known

Reaction score
One of the top ten games in Favre's entire 20 year career was the one were he was on the sidelines watching Tjoke & Joe Webb play.... :rolleyes: freaking nfl network.

Since they included losses on the list, I'd have to put the Young to T.O. Playoff game, hated it but it was a pretty good classic NFL game. The Oakland game was hands down his best game.

OP
OP
E

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. Only NFL Network could make a list of the top 10 Brett Favre games, and include only 5 Packers games... Seriously.

1. 2003 demolishing of Raiders, after his dad died
3. Super bowl XXXI
6. 1993 Wild Card, first playoff game, bomb to Sterling to beat the Lions
8. Super bowl XXXII
10. 1992, comeback win over Bengals in relief of Majkowski

That's it. Seriously. The rest of the list was Vikings games and non-games. You got the laugh on me this time, NFL network.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. Only NFL Network could make a list of the top 10 Brett Favre games, and include only 5 Packers games... Seriously.

1. 2003 demolishing of Raiders, after his dad died
3. Super bowl XXXI
6. 1993 Wild Card, first playoff game, bomb to Sterling to beat the Lions
8. Super bowl XXXII
10. 1992, comeback win over Bengals in relief of Majkowski

That's it. Seriously. The rest of the list was Vikings games and non-games. You got the laugh on me this time, NFL network.

#1 was Oakland, I thought it should have been too

I thought that Atlanta game at County Stadium would have made it

OP
OP
E

Eric87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In fact, I think it's very fitting that Favre's best game was the most emotional of his career and Rodgers' best game was the most important.

Illustrates perfectly both of them.

Yeah, I like that. I think it's a fair summary.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts