NFL Network-poops on you

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it really sucks for me, the only packer game i watched was in week one. i would not be suprised if you have to watch most nfl games by paying 30-50 dollars a month.
its almost guarnteed to happen because millions of people watch football every week and this will just be another way to get them alot more money.

and what sucks is we cant do anything aboutit because they dont care about anything as long as they are makeing money.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have direct TV in Arizona, and I currently pay for the NFL package to watch the Packer games. But at the cost, I am SERIOUSLY considering not ordering it next year. I think it turns out to be $200 or $240 for the season. You end up catching an extra 7-8 games that aren't on std tv. At $40 a pop, I'm probably not going to get it again next year.

I would expect that IPTV will replace all this and you'll download that which you want to view. I could see paying $5 for a game downloaded (think Itunes). But $40 for me to have to Tivo it really is a PITA.

This could be gotten around many ways digitally with burners and file transfer options and such, but at this point, I'm too lazy and quite frankly, I'm trying to win back my sundays for more productive stuff than football. the cost is helping me win that battle.

I would expect for the cost of Sports packages to go up, not down. Only a broadband distribution will change that. I can buy a TV show for $1 or $2 on Itunes, instead of paying $50 a month. If I were smart, I'd cancel the DTV all together and just down load that which I wanted to watch. the problem is that not all shows (including our beloved football) is available in a downloadable format.

the sooner it gets there, the sooner your video Ipod will be playing the GB game.

Btw, Direct TV also requires that you have a home phone line, so my monthly costs for TV which I hardly watch is $50 for DTV plus $25 for phone, plus the annual $240 for the NFL package.

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have direct TV in Arizona, and I currently pay for the NFL package to watch the Packer games. But at the cost, I am SERIOUSLY considering not ordering it next year. I think it turns out to be $200 or $240 for the season. You end up catching an extra 7-8 games that aren't on std tv. At $40 a pop, I'm probably not going to get it again next year.

I would expect that IPTV will replace all this and you'll download that which you want to view. I could see paying $5 for a game downloaded (think Itunes). But $40 for me to have to Tivo it really is a PITA.

This could be gotten around many ways digitally with burners and file transfer options and such, but at this point, I'm too lazy and quite frankly, I'm trying to win back my sundays for more productive stuff than football. the cost is helping me win that battle.

I would expect for the cost of Sports packages to go up, not down. Only a broadband distribution will change that. I can buy a TV show for $1 or $2 on Itunes, instead of paying $50 a month. If I were smart, I'd cancel the DTV all together and just down load that which I wanted to watch. the problem is that not all shows (including our beloved football) is available in a downloadable format.

the sooner it gets there, the sooner your video Ipod will be playing the GB game.

Btw, Direct TV also requires that you have a home phone line, so my monthly costs for TV which I hardly watch is $50 for DTV plus $25 for phone, plus the annual $240 for the NFL package.

Personally, I couldn't live without TIVO...or DTR as our cable calls it.
If you want to have a great experience Timmons, head to Cave Creek for a game at the Buffalo Chip Saloon. It was owned by Max McGee and is a huge Packer Bar. They have packer songs played during commercials etc. I was there for the Bear game to open the season and enjoyed it thoroughly!

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Timmons - can you honestly say you would download a Packer game after it was over to watch for the first time on your iPod? I could see downloading "Lost" but a live game?

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts