NFL Gives 2 options for the 400 fans displaced

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFL.com news: NFL statement on options to be offered to fans without seats at Super Bowl XLV

Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Tuesday that two options will be offered to the approximately 400 fans that purchased a ticket to Super Bowl XLV and did not receive a seat in the stadium due to the installation failure involving their seat in Cowboys Stadium. Each of the holders of the approximately 400 affected tickets will have a choice of:

1. One free ticket to next year's Super Bowl game plus a cash payment of $2,400 (three times the face value of the Super Bowl XLV game ticket held by the individual). The ticket to next year's Super Bowl game is transferable.

[OR]

2. One free ticket to a future Super Bowl game of the fan's choice, including next year's if so desired, plus round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations provided by the NFL. This offer will be personalized in the ticketholder's name and is not transferable.

personally I'm not sure which option I would take...being able to sell the ticket on ebay or something or go to ANY Super Bowl with everything paid for.....

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good question.
Which one?

I guess it would depend on which hotel and flight time with 2.

And they should throw in some other things as well.
How about an autographed football of the fans choice?
A jersey?
The NFL can afford to give away a couple more perks.
They will more than make up for any money on any given Sunday/Mon.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2. One free ticket to a future Super Bowl game of the fan's choice, including next year's if so desired, plus round-trip airfare and hotel accommodations provided by the NFL. This offer will be personalized in the ticketholder's name and is not transferable.

Wouldn't mind that one, that means you could maybe wait to use it at Super Bowl 60 or Super Bowl 100!

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I would go with the First one, trust me as a hotel worker, do NOT trust anything from a third party that has already screwed you. Plus with airlines think of how expensive the baggage fees and everything will be later. Take your money and run.

Pegger Packer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would probably go for option two. Hold that free ticket to a super bowl in my back pocket until another Packer appearance, or like others have said, a significant super bowl like #50, #75, or even #100...

besides, if ticket costs keep rising, why not invest in a future super bowl so that instead of paying $10000 or whatever it will be for an average ticket, flights and hotel, you get that all comped by the NFL and can spend your money on merch/food/entertainment.

Zeck180

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would probably go for option two. Hold that free ticket to a super bowl in my back pocket until another Packer appearance, or like others have said, a significant super bowl like #50, #75, or even #100...

besides, if ticket costs keep rising, why not invest in a future super bowl so that instead of paying $10000 or whatever it will be for an average ticket, flights and hotel, you get that all comped by the NFL and can spend your money on merch/food/entertainment.

That is if your still alive by SB 100 or SB 75, By SB 100 i'd be about 75. (born in 1991)

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I'd go Option 2. Hell if I'd want to see a SB live if the Packers weren't in it.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
Option 2 hands down. Someone said in another thread that money can't by memories. That's my reasoning behind this. I would rather have the guarantee of seeing the Packers in a SB than have 2400 extra bucks any day. Personally, I probably wouldn't be able to go next year anyways.

Members online

Latest posts