NFL films presents Brett Favre

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must be in a weird mood this morning if I am posting this. Anyways its one of my favorite Packer themed things nfl films has done.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

If only the legend ended after the game in 08

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
00:09 "His daddy made him a quarterback but wouldn't let him throw."
His dad knew of things to come?

Holy schnikers.
Look at him at 00:15.
Is that really him?

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oddly, my son and son I watched this video yesterday. It's titled "Favre 4 Ever" ... one of my favorite quotes... Favre and Holmgren talking on the sidelines and Holmgren admonishes him: "No more rocket balls please" ...not once, but twice and the other was the one where Holmgren comes over to Favre sitting on the bench and says, "I'm calm...."

A lot of folks forget the "needle threading" this guy did earlier in his career when his arm was young and fresh. The very same stuff that we Ooooo and ahhhh about today with Rodgers. Thing is, Favre was deadly with Holmgren reigning him in. After the '98 season - not so much. Regardless how it all ended...the guy was a player...but THAT was yesterday...and yesterday's gone...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oddly, my son and son I watched this video yesterday. It's titled "Favre 4 Ever" ... one of my favorite quotes... Favre and Holmgren talking on the sidelines and Holmgren admonishes him: "No more rocket balls please" ...not once, but twice and the other was the one where Holmgren comes over to Favre sitting on the bench and says, "I'm calm...."

A lot of folks forget the "needle threading" this guy did earlier in his career when his arm was young and fresh. The very same stuff that we Ooooo and ahhhh about today with Rodgers. Thing is, Favre was deadly with Holmgren reigning him in. After the '98 season - not so much. Regardless how it all ended...the guy was a player...but THAT was yesterday...and yesterday's gone...
Old Gray Beard could STILL thread the needle.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It got to the window it needed to get to. I don't know what the thought process was. Most of the time I don't think there is one. Point is, he made the play.

You can call it whatever you want. There's no denying that his first year in Minny was remarkable, arguably his best. He made a LOT of plays that year.

fettpett

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he was better from 95-97 when he won the MVP, not saying 09 wasn't a fantastic year for him, but you could tell he was there to say "hey, I'm still damn good and you should have kept me!" Then was an absolute flop in '10.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
idk...that play seemed more "lets throw this and see who catches it" than a thread the needle
Agreed.

He's over-rated.

Anyway, I hope, really hope that if/when they do one of these for Aaron Rodgers someday that we will have tons more glory days to look back on in terms of Super Bowls and other big game wins.

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
That play showed that he was a winner. He always played until he dropped. You can say many things about Favre but you could never say he gave up and quit.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never realized it before, but Billy Bob Thornton actually has a good voice for voiceovers.

Reaction score
I have this on DVD! It took me a while to notice! lol

I haven't watched it since 2007 or 2008 though ;) I wonder why!

Rocky11

Superbowl bound Pack
Reaction score
He was so confident and competitive. He had the will to win to the nth degree. That's what got in trouble so many times. I knew in his heart that he could make every throw. "Damn the who decision process, I can get it in there." My quote, not his. I think that was his whole decision process. We all hated the INT's but loved his attitude. He was truly a gunslinger and that made him so much fun to watch. I think that attitude was what made him so bad at the end with the whole I'm retired, no I'm not, yes I am business. No matter what he did he was always balls to the walls.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts