nfl expert pickes (week one).

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well in all fairness if we were objective and not total Packer fans, from the outside looking in, the Pack has not done much or looked all that good to warrant otherwise. We need to prove that we are a decent team. All anyone sees with this team is a QB that should have retired, 1 WR, two rookie Guards and a middle of the road D. Couple that with a first year HC that was the last ranked OC in the league last year.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
Well in all fairness if we were objective and not total Packer fans, from the outside looking in, the Pack has not done much or looked all that good to warrant otherwise. We need to prove that we are a decent team. All anyone sees with this team is a QB that should have retired, 1 WR, two rookie Guards and a middle of the road D. Couple that with a first year HC that was the last ranked OC in the league last year.

Yea....and I like being the underdog. As long as the team doesn't believe that they can't win. We need to get off to a good start this year or the young players will start believing what the press is saying.

OP
OP
U

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i just hope we win so we can make these people feel like idiots, and also because its a very big test like many members said.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's probably better playing the Bears now before their D gels. Nows as good a time as ever to Being objective I think it could be called an upset

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DakotaT said:
GakkofNorway said:
f*** espn, they don't know jacksh*t

Come on Gakk, you don't think Salisbury has the credibility to critique guys like Favre and Manning.

:lol: :lol:

Where have you been all summer?

BTW I've been in Afghanistan, and we don't get ESPN, did Salisbury get GB friendly suddenly? :p

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If I had a dime for everytime I bet against these so called "experts" I would be flying out on a jet to catch Packer games in Green Bay twice a month !!!

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GakkofNorway said:
DakotaT said:
GakkofNorway said:
f*** espn, they don't know jacksh*t

Come on Gakk, you don't think Salisbury has the credibility to critique guys like Favre and Manning.

:lol: :lol:

Where have you been all summer?

BTW I've been in Afghanistan, and we don't get ESPN, did Salisbury get GB friendly suddenly? :p

I doubt he will ever be GB friendly or his buddy Schlereth. Salisbury is pretty much a which way is the wind blowing kind of guy.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny, Schlereth has ripped on Brett and The Pack the whole pre-season, then last night(Thursday) on ESPN he Picked The Pack as his upset of the week. Go figure??

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I used to bet some with an offshore parlor mostly because I did it with my brother and it gave us a chance to get on the phone and discuss games and which ones we liked.

We would research and review and dig and we won some and lost some.

One source I would use is a site called Johnny Detroit because they have ALL the numbers and stats and info. They use some formula to come up with what they think the line should be so you can gauge which games where they feel the line is off.

I pulled it up for the heck of it to see what they had.

GREEN BAY PACKERS -2 points. Meaning the line was off in their opinion by 5- points being the Bears are favored by 3- and they have the Pack winning by 2.

I found this interesting because most often their adjusted line is pretty close to the Vegas line. When you see a 5- point difference it would mean a game to look at if your betting.

I am sure Phil will never go to this site again if he has in the past. How dare anyone put the Pack up as the favorite against the mighty Bears.

In the mean time........

I'm thinking about calling my brother.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
I used to bet some with an offshore parlor mostly because I did it with my brother and it gave us a chance to get on the phone and discuss games and which ones we liked.

One source I would use is a site called Johnny Detroit because they have ALL the numbers and stats and info. They use some formula to come up with what they think the line should be so you can gauge which games where they feel the line is off.

GREEN BAY PACKERS -2 points. Meaning the line was off in their opinion by 5- points being the Bears are favored by 3- and they have the Pack winning by 2.

I found this interesting because most often their adjusted line is pretty close to the Vegas line. When you see a 5- point difference it would mean a game to look at if your betting.

I am sure Phil will never go to this site again if he has in the past. How dare anyone put the Pack up as the favorite against the mighty Bears.

In the mean time........

that 5 point differntial is based on stats and numbers. and i think its dead on.

The vegas line however has nothing to do with anything.... They dont care about stats or number... they just care about what people are betting. They are giving that line based on the fact that they think everyone will bet Chicago whips GB's *** because we were bad last year. So by giving them 3.5 points they bait people into taking chicago.

and im taking GB just because of that half point. i think if we do lose it will be close and by a feild goal. but i think we will win so im safe either way.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packnic said:
warhawk said:

In the mean time........

that 5 point differntial is based on stats and numbers. and i think its dead on.

The vegas line however has nothing to do with anything.... They dont care about stats or number... they just care about what people are betting. They are giving that line based on the fact that they think everyone will bet Chicago whips GB's *** because we were bad last year. So by giving them 3.5 points they bait people into taking chicago.

and im taking GB just because of that half point. i think if we do lose it will be close and by a feild goal. but i think we will win so im safe either way.

Not actually. Vegas has no desire in baiting people to take a line. The line is determined by the amount of money coming in. They want to keep an equal amount on both sides and collect the juice. Vegas does not gamble, they let the gamblers gamble and place thier self wherever they come out ahead.

It has nothing to do with baiting people into taking one side or the other

Members online

Latest posts