1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL Deadbeat

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by CaliforniaCheez, Mar 19, 2007.

1. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    http://deadspin.com/sports/nfl/dodge-chargers-are-not-free-gabe-watson-245102.php

http://www.myfoxdetroit.com/myfox/p...=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=VSTY&pageId=3.10.1

Quote from Deadspin:

The Arizona Cardinals are loaded with nefarious characters these days. They've got womanizing quarterbacks, prostitute-soliciting assistant coaches, and now, a defensive lineman who sticks his old high school coach with his car payments.

That would be Gabe Watson, a 6'4" 340-lb. defensive lineman out of Michigan who the Cardinals drafted in the 4th round of the 2006 NFL Draft. You can watch the Fox 2's video here, but to summarize: Watson, before he left Michigan, purchased a Dodge Charger and Coach Jones was good enough to co-sign for it. Watson and his dad were supposed to make the payments, they didn't, it became Jones' responsibility, and, well, high school coaches don't have $500+ a month to burn on an NFL player's Dodge Charger.

So the "Problem Solvers" at Fox 2 in Detroit got involved, put some people on camera, and eventually got the dealership to relieve the coach's financial burden. The NFL, the Arizona Cardinals, and Gabe Watson have yet to respond in any way.
    There's a public petition here you can sign, if you're into such things. The last line of the petition reads, "We believe it's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice." That's very sweet, but I think Baxter Jones would have settled for Gabe Watson just not being a total douchebag. Even Chris Henry might be above this.
    This guy could have cleared it all up by now. Instead he dumped the car, and stuck his High school coach with $380 in his parking tickets.

What a slimeball.

2. digsthepack

digsthepack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Massive turd!

3. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Geez....you try to help someone, and thats how they repay you. What a PUTZ!!!

4. yooperfan

yooperfan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    This is not a "nice" person.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    I guess he missed the "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" speach. Hopefully he will reap what he sows.

6. Anubis

Anubis Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Give me a break...

A guy that defaults on his loan, leaving the co-signee to pay is a "douchebag" "massive turd" and a "slimeball", yet alcoholic players with criminal DUI convictions or players that try to run over police officers after being pulled over are welcomed to Green Bay with open arms?

I think some of you need to take off the Green and Gold glasses and start getting your priorities straightened out. :roll:

GO PACK!!!

Robert C. Hedley

7. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am generally in agreement Anubis. I would like to point out that I have never been in favor of signing any player infected by that purple slime. I was very shocked and disappointed to see how many people fell for the silly Moss hoax and then actually thought it might be good.
    There is some unprincipled thinking.

This particular case the guy just dumped the vehicle and has not communicated with anyone. It is not terrible way the guy handled the situation but that is word is no damn good. He has no honor and places no value on his reputation.