1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

NFL concussion lawsuit

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Vltrophy, Aug 29, 2013.

1. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Once the judge approves this I hope the last thing I hear from McMahon is something to the effect of glad this is over. His comments may be few & far in between I'm so tired of hearing him flap his fat mouth. He knew the repercussion when signing his contracts.

2. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    My beleif is that these guys are just doing this to pick the NFL bones for cash. A lot of people dont manage money well and some of these 70's and 80's and even 90's retired guys have blown through the money they made so now they need more. Yeah, you may have HAD a concussion, why wait this long.....or maybe they are all jumping on the lawsuit bandwagon/gravy train.

3. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    Agreed. They miss the big checks. I heard Troy Polimalu actually asked guys who know how to manage $ what to do & didn't ask other players. Payton actually invested in about 20 Papa Johns stores last year in the Denver area.

4. Vltrophy

Vltrophy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +384
    ESPN showed some emails or tweets from former players. Some said the money can't replace the lives lost or the players memories. Then they shouldn't have played football the big cry babies. It seems like $675M towards paying families

Last edited: Aug 29, 2013
  5. joshsup17

joshsup17 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +86
    Agreed... I will likely not get a head injury at my job. .. but I also make far less then league minimum. They should have asked themselves whet the money was worth it before they chose to pay a game for money.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2