NFL.com's Pat Kirwan's mock draft has the Pack taking ......

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Not going to happen. I like Cushing but I don't like him at 9. Maybe if TT trades down into the 20's but not at 9. Heck, I personally like Mauluga more than I like Cushing. I'd rather have him.

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cushing is a interesting player. However, he has just too many negatives and red flags to me.

I don't see Ted taking him anywhere in the draft.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really like him. He could be at mid 1st, from 13-20. Trading down and picking him would make me very happy. We would have a really great player in my opinion and another good pick to spend on another need than OLB.

freefromwhatyouare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't like trading out of a Top Ten pick.

The only way I would trade down in the first round is if I got a high second also in the deal. Not many teams are going to move up only five or six spot and give up a second round pick as well.

I still like sticking at sticking at #9 and grabbing Malcolm Jenkins.

You will get nearly the same quality player out of the second round as you would in the middle to the bottom of the first in this draft. I know some like Cushing but he's a mid second rounder to me at best. Horrible injury history and some other red flags will keep Ted away from him. I actually prefer his buddy Clay Matthews who I feel will be the best of the three USC LB's in the NFL. I'm still also high on Robert Ayers OLB/DE who I think will be available when the Packers pick in the second round.

You also won't find a Malcolm Jenkins in the middle or bottom of the first.

Ted never tips his hand before a draft and that will make draft day that much more exciting for Packers fans.

It's really fun to watch when you have one of the best in the business running your teams draft.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
CalifPacker said:
I would take Cushing at #9. The guy would fit the 3-4 OLB.

Some draft sites have him rated as the #2 OLB.
Thought I was the only one who liked him... The guy's strong, fast, know the position... and he's safer than a DE, that may not be able to convert to an OLB...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of times the prediction that those "analysts" make is very different from what teams think about players. To say it's a Reach really depends on what happens on the draft...

Aa-rodg_is_cool

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackersRS said:
To say it's a Reach really depends on what happens on the draft...

Id say that no matter how the first 8 picks turn out.. theres gonna be some better talent out there then Cushing.. but thats just me

Members online

Latest posts