NFL.com power rankings

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
You really want to be in the middle of the pack on the first power rankings. I think MN is to high at 11 right now. Look at it this way, would you rather be ranked 18 and move up to 7-8 or be ranked 2 and move down to 7-8. Power rankings are usaully a bunch of BS anyway. They are ranking them on the fact that they feel they will be better then last year but not well enough to be a playoff team. Yet if you take away some injuries they had, that 6-10 could easily have been 10-6.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You really want to be in the middle of the pack on the first power rankings. I think MN is to high at 11 right now. Look at it this way, would you rather be ranked 18 and move up to 7-8 or be ranked 2 and move down to 7-8. Power rankings are usaully a bunch of BS anyway. They are ranking them on the fact that they feel they will be better then last year but not well enough to be a playoff team. Yet if you take away some injuries they had, that 6-10 could easily have been 10-6.

Easily. Too many losses for 4 points or less.

I agree with you. Of course, I would like the Pack be rated at 14 maybe, but the mn has his reasons.

I take Kirwan rather Seifert easily. I hate Kevin Seifert. He can't disguise that he's a Minny fan.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Power Rankings are just a Pre-Season smack talk tool.

They tend to get more accurate as the season goes on, but nothing really good until the mid-way point.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on these rankings, I think the pack can finish better than 18th.

UncleMeat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's fair. Kirwin points out in his rankings that it might be low. The team lost a lot of close games this year, but they fixed a horrid defense by making it different, not necessarily better. A lot of the defensive performance will depend on two rookies at the most important positions and a bunch of guys new to a system. They could end up pretty good right away, but it might take a year or two as well.

favrefan4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our new system should be a lot better. I know that B.J. Raji will make a hell of a difference on defense, especially if he is back there with A.J. Hawk. And now with the new 3-4 scheme there should be a whole lot more sacks (I hope).

gcfeldma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Aaron Rodgers has a good year, the Pack could rise very quickly. I think they have one of the least talked-about defenses in the league; they're young, athletic and are going to rock a lot of shoulder pads this year. I love Raji and Matthews, excellent rookie additions. AJ Hawk is going to have a monster year.

Check this blog out that I found. The Lions will likely finish the season ranked 32...Calvin Johnson should bolt at his first opportunity.

Calvin Johnson Looks For New Hobbies To Replace "Winning" And "Being Proud Of His Teammates" | Popcorn Muscles

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't put too much emphasis on these rankings, I think the pack can finish better than 18th.

If they don't finsih better than 10th it is a failure of a season. (getting to the playoffs and winning a game basically)

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I see degrees of failure (...).
- If we have a losing season, it's rebuilding time. Fire everyone.
- If we have a winning season, but don't make the playoffs, it's a huge failure. A lot of things need to be reavaliated. MM, TT or both will be fired.
- If we make the playoffs by wildcard and lose, it's a dissapointment. But depending on the record and the circumstances it's understandable.

- Getting to the playoffs and winning at least one game it's the standart.

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see degrees of failure (...).
- If we have a losing season, it's rebuilding time. Fire everyone.
- If we have a winning season, but don't make the playoffs, it's a huge failure. A lot of things need to be reavaliated. MM, TT or both will be fired.
- If we make the playoffs by wildcard and lose, it's a dissapointment. But depending on the record and the circumstances it's understandable.

- Getting to the playoffs and winning at least one game it's the standart.

Yeah I agree with doing some restructuring if we don't get to the playoffs and get at least 1 win.

I really can't see us NOT making the playoffs... would just be so sad for the expectations of this season.

danielchile

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't know...the NFC North will be a three-headed monster. I really expect us to wrap it up , but the queens have a better defense and duh bears...well, at least they are making more money with all that jay crybaby stuff.

Members online

Latest posts