NFL.com (Dave Gladow) predicts the Packers to finish 3-13

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He thinks the lions will go 9-7. LAST TIME I CHECKED THEY WERE 3-13 AND WE WERE 8-8. What is he going off of? Calvin Johnson = 6 more wins? Yeah Right.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
'whew'

i was worried some people who haven't seen the inside of a NFL jersey were gonna predict the packers to win the super bowl and then us have to deal with all that dang gummit pressure as fans.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The writer is a fantasy football writer.

How can the whole divison of the NFC East go 7-9?

Only a viking customer would think that the opinion of one person had value. viking values. viking cutomers are not as pro viking as they are anti-Packer.

It is just that weird purple jealousy again.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: NFL.com (Dave Gladow) predicts the Packers to finish 3

I'm glad they expect nothing. Gives the team a few sports writers to shoot at!

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Only a viking customer would think that the opinion of one person had value. viking values. viking cutomers are not as pro viking as they are anti-Packer.

Another Packer fan that cannot read. :rotflmao: What are the chances of that?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score

CaliforniaCheez said:

Another Packer fan that cannot read. :rotflmao: What are the chances of that?

Who knows how many times he had to edit that to make it make ANY sense! Gaaah . . . viking's fans. Poor guys!!

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Worst team in football. Wow. He's following his own advice, which is that the worst team in football is often not the team you're expecting, but I just don't see the Packers being that bad.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
I don't believe you can put alot of stock into these sportswriters predicitions. Save this thread so you can throw it back in his face if the Pack does well.

http://nfl.com/news/story/10263285

My initial post for California canno tread cheeze
"Canno Tread Cheeze???"Never heard of that kind of Cheese.......but if it's cheese, it has to be GOOD!!! :rotflmao:

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have 4 guaranteed wins vs Lions and Vikings, then we see what we can pick up from the rest of our games.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mike_donnelly said:
we have 4 guaranteed wins vs Lions and Vikings, then we see what we can pick up from the rest of our games.

I hope you're right but I hope you know that there are no "guaranteed wins" in the NFL anymore with this kind of parity. I think the Packers have every chance to make the playoffs this year as they do to pick in the top 5-10. It all depends on a ton of factors and we won't know until the season unfolds...it is fun to speculate though, right?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow I'm lost for words. This is harsh. To be fair to the guy he did say that the team who finishes with the least amount of wins is a team you wouldn’t' really expect. The Raiders did look good in pre season last year. 4-1 I think and they won more games in pre season than they did in the regular season. So I think that was his reasoning. I really don't think they'll be that bad though. If they are then they need too clean house.

Reaction score
I am a bit surprised, I mean the Lions lost their best DB in Dre Bly, have a trio RB committee that have only been successful in ZB scheme (bar the RB they drafted from Wisconson last year), and have a draft class brought in by Matt Millen... I don't see how they improve by as many as 6 wins.

With the questions surrounding Vikes QB Jackson, HB Adrian Peterson's injury concerns, and Childress's lack of quality play calling... I wonder how they can be slotted for 6 wins. There are too many variables that can work out (or not) in the Vikes favor, so you can't have a solid read on how many games they can win.

As for the Packers... there not COMPLETELY void of talent. Unless we have another injury riddled season (I'll start praying we don't), I don't see how we could stink up the joint that much.

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm not very good mathematically, is that possible for every team to go 7-9?

Titletown088

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nice. McFadden, here welcome to GB. Gimme a break , we play the Lions and Queens twice a year, there's 4 wins.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vike4life said:
vike4life said:
I don't believe you can put alot of stock into these sportswriters predicitions. Save this thread so you can throw it back in his face if the Pack does well.

"Canno Tread Cheeze???"Never heard of that kind of Cheese.......but if it's cheese, it has to be GOOD!!! :rotflmao:

Seems to me, this is vike4life's way of flaming. He WANTS to believe so he posts a back handed slap in the Packer fans face with this post.

There were plenty of websites that predicted a 7-9 to 9-7 finish but then where was vikes4life to post that?

Mortfini

Cheesehead
Reaction score

i was gona make a Subject about this but i did not wana waste my fingers typing.

OP
OP
V

vike4life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
vike4life said:
vike4life said:

Seems to me, this is vike4life's way of flaming. He WANTS to believe so he posts a back handed slap in the Packer fans face with this post.

There were plenty of websites that predicted a 7-9 to 9-7 finish but then where was vikes4life to post that?

Actually Obi1 I think that a 3-13 prediction for the Pack is ridiculous. That is why I posted it. I guess the Pack will go as far as Favre can take them.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
So I think that was his reasoning. I really don't think they'll be that bad though. If they are then they need too clean house.

Yep this is the year of proof.. improve or else :thumbsup:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have a much better chance of surprising people the other way, by being better than anyone thought, than this happening.
I remember last year seeing us 31st on one list. Funny how all these guys print out a new list every year and don't bother reprinting last years to show how smart they really turned out to be.

Most of the time they don't want anyone to really know how smart they aren't. So you rarely see last years lists anywhere. I know they think we all forget what we see about five minutes later but hey, were only talking about credibility here. So, really, it doesn't matter because most of these guys have none to start with let alone have any to lose.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, this guy had an entire 20 paragraphs or so about how foolish predictions make a journalist look. Basically, in the NFL, preseason predictions are always a crapshoot. Like he said, it gives people something to talk about. And so we discuss.

The Redskins will absolutely not win the East. I'm completely sure that the disgusting Iggles will take it this year.

The jets will be better than 8-8.

Browns are better than 4-12.

Bengals won't win more than 10. (Although it'll be a steal when I take Carson Palmer in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft)

I'd bump the Niners to second, and slide St Louis to fourth,

Denver will win the AFC West, and of course, the Pack will win the NFC North, and a playoff game or two!

Members online

Latest posts