1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

NFL.com (Dave Gladow) predicts the Packers to finish 3-13

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by vike4life, Jul 23, 2007.

1. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I don't believe you can put alot of stock into these sportswriters predicitions. Save this thread so you can throw it back in his face if the Pack does well.

http://nfl.com/news/story/10263285

2. packerfan1245

packerfan1245 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    He thinks the lions will go 9-7. LAST TIME I CHECKED THEY WERE 3-13 AND WE WERE 8-8. What is he going off of? Calvin Johnson = 6 more wins? Yeah Right.

3. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    'whew'

i was worried some people who haven't seen the inside of a NFL jersey were gonna predict the packers to win the super bowl and then us have to deal with all that dang gummit pressure as fans.

4. CaliforniaCheez

CaliforniaCheez Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The writer is a fantasy football writer.

How can the whole divison of the NFC East go 7-9?

Only a viking customer would think that the opinion of one person had value. viking values. viking cutomers are not as pro viking as they are anti-Packer.

It is just that weird purple jealousy again.

5. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Re: NFL.com (Dave Gladow) predicts the Packers to finish 3

I'm glad they expect nothing. Gives the team a few sports writers to shoot at!

6. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Another Packer fan that cannot read. :rotflmao: What are the chances of that?

7. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My initial post for Californiacannotreadcheeze

8. DoddPower

DoddPower Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!

Ratings:
    +54

Who knows how many times he had to edit that to make it make ANY sense! Gaaah . . . viking's fans. Poor guys!!

9. Greg C.

Greg C. Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Worst team in football. Wow. He's following his own advice, which is that the worst team in football is often not the team you're expecting, but I just don't see the Packers being that bad.

10. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Whoo Hooo!

The first overall pick next year!

11. cheesey

cheesey Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    "Canno Tread Cheeze???"Never heard of that kind of Cheese.......but if it's cheese, it has to be GOOD!!! :rotflmao:

12. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    we have 4 guaranteed wins vs Lions and Vikings, then we see what we can pick up from the rest of our games.

13. NDPackerFan

NDPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4
    I hope you're right but I hope you know that there are no "guaranteed wins" in the NFL anymore with this kind of parity. I think the Packers have every chance to make the playoffs this year as they do to pick in the top 5-10. It all depends on a ton of factors and we won't know until the season unfolds...it is fun to speculate though, right?

14. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow I'm lost for words. This is harsh. To be fair to the guy he did say that the team who finishes with the least amount of wins is a team you wouldn’t' really expect. The Raiders did look good in pre season last year. 4-1 I think and they won more games in pre season than they did in the regular season. So I think that was his reasoning. I really don't think they'll be that bad though. If they are then they need too clean house.

15. all about da packers

all about da packers Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am a bit surprised, I mean the Lions lost their best DB in Dre Bly, have a trio RB committee that have only been successful in ZB scheme (bar the RB they drafted from Wisconson last year), and have a draft class brought in by Matt Millen... I don't see how they improve by as many as 6 wins.

With the questions surrounding Vikes QB Jackson, HB Adrian Peterson's injury concerns, and Childress's lack of quality play calling... I wonder how they can be slotted for 6 wins. There are too many variables that can work out (or not) in the Vikes favor, so you can't have a solid read on how many games they can win.

As for the Packers... there not COMPLETELY void of talent. Unless we have another injury riddled season (I'll start praying we don't), I don't see how we could stink up the joint that much.

16. mike_donnelly

mike_donnelly Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm not very good mathematically, is that possible for every team to go 7-9?

17. Titletown088

Titletown088 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Nice. McFadden, here welcome to GB. Gimme a break , we play the Lions and Queens twice a year, there's 4 wins.

18. Obi1

Obi1 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Seems to me, this is vike4life's way of flaming. He WANTS to believe so he posts a back handed slap in the Packer fans face with this post.

There were plenty of websites that predicted a 7-9 to 9-7 finish but then where was vikes4life to post that?

19. Mortfini

Mortfini Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

i was gona make a Subject about this but i did not wana waste my fingers typing.

20. vike4life

vike4life Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Actually Obi1 I think that a 3-13 prediction for the Pack is ridiculous. That is why I posted it. I guess the Pack will go as far as Favre can take them.

21. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Yep this is the year of proof.. improve or else :thumbsup:

22. PackerChick

PackerChick Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1

And according to the predicted record, we could be up for the top draft pick in 2008.

23. Danreb

Danreb Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    The Packers, ignoring the Bears, just might have the best defense in the division. He's trippin'.

24. warhawk

warhawk Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    The Packers have a much better chance of surprising people the other way, by being better than anyone thought, than this happening.
    I remember last year seeing us 31st on one list. Funny how all these guys print out a new list every year and don't bother reprinting last years to show how smart they really turned out to be.

Most of the time they don't want anyone to really know how smart they aren't. So you rarely see last years lists anywhere. I know they think we all forget what we see about five minutes later but hey, were only talking about credibility here. So, really, it doesn't matter because most of these guys have none to start with let alone have any to lose.

25. pack_in_black

pack_in_black Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    OK, this guy had an entire 20 paragraphs or so about how foolish predictions make a journalist look. Basically, in the NFL, preseason predictions are always a crapshoot. Like he said, it gives people something to talk about. And so we discuss.

The Redskins will absolutely not win the East. I'm completely sure that the disgusting Iggles will take it this year.

The jets will be better than 8-8.

Browns are better than 4-12.

Bengals won't win more than 10. (Although it'll be a steal when I take Carson Palmer in the 2nd round of my fantasy draft)

I'd bump the Niners to second, and slide St Louis to fourth,

Denver will win the AFC West, and of course, the Pack will win the NFC North, and a playoff game or two!