NFC Predictions for next year

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're a classic example of what has gone so horribly wrong with the minds in this country. Instead of embracing healthy debate, you run like hell from it because it frightens you and takes you outta your comfort zone. So, in your mind, anybody that doesn't think in lock-step with your beliefs, is not only imbecilic, but should be stifled and not allowed to be heard.

I'd suggest manning-up, letting go of the pacifier and making arguments that have merit.

LOL @ you talking about debates...You suck at debates cuz when shown wrong you change your criteria...

Or when your criteria is questioned YOU DO NOT MAN UP, and show FACTS, just mouth off and say you are right because you say so....

You sir have NO box to stand on when discussing manning up or debating..

I am still laughing my *** off at this coming from you

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
LOL @ you talking about debates...You suck at debates cuz when shown wrong you change your criteria...

Or when your criteria is question YOU DO NOT MAN UP

You sir have NO box to stand on when discussing manning up or debating..

LOL I am still laughing my *** off at this coming from you

I also found his response comical. Total Packer Hater.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I went looking for a post were Hauschild was rooting against the Packers and I couldn't find one. What I found is that he seems not to like TT and the way he runs the team. He puts forth his opinion which does not agree with some on this board. He is a Brett fan, but not to the extant that he hopes the Packers will fail. He feels that he Vikings are currently a better team but not by much. But that's his opinion. Which I believe is one of the reasons for this forum to exist, to voice one's opinions and discuss.

On a side note. I am a member of a forum that at one time was up and coming. Some didn't like the way certain members talked about the team and ran them off or had them banned. What they have today is a forum with 250 or so members in which only about 5 people post due to the "Agree with me or else" mentality of a few including the owner of the board. And he wonders why people don't come back. Trust me, you don't want that. Embrace the dissension of fellow Packer fans, enjoy the rants of fans of other teams, as long as they behave. It makes for a better board in the long run. Agree to disagree. This is by far one of the better boards I have come across, not just Packer boards, but football boards in general.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went looking for a post were Hauschild was rooting against the Packers and I couldn't find one. What I found is that he seems not to like TT and the way he runs the team. He puts forth his opinion which does not agree with some on this board. He is a Brett fan, but not to the extant that he hopes the Packers will fail. He feels that he Vikings are currently a better team but not by much. But that's his opinion. Which I believe is one of the reasons for this forum to exist, to voice one's opinions and discuss.

On a side note. I am a member of a forum that at one time was up and coming. Some didn't like the way certain members talked about the team and ran them off or had them banned. What they have today is a forum with 250 or so members in which only about 5 people post due to the "Agree with me or else" mentality of a few including the owner of the board. And he wonders why people don't come back. Trust me, you don't want that. Embrace the dissension of fellow Packer fans, enjoy the rants of fans of other teams, as long as they behave. It makes for a better board in the long run. Agree to disagree. This is by far one of the better boards I have come across, not just Packer boards, but football boards in general.
He clearly stated that he would root against the Packers in both Vikings games.

Isn't that rooting against the Packers????

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Then he's not a Packer fan is he? That is one of the greatest things about Packer fans is that we aren't fickle. Did Lambeau Field ever not sell out in the 70's and 80's when we were HORRIBLE? The way the team is run is out of our control, but I can tell you one thing....no matter any decision that is made by the Green Bay Packer coaching staff or front office, I will remain a LOYAL Packer fan, and under no circumstances would I ever make derogatory or hateful comments about the team that I love so much. The Packers are what make Green Bay a great city. Without them, Green Bay would just be another paper mill town in Northeastern Wisconsin.

I don't mind have open debate with fans of other teams. I like engaging in it, and sometimes my boasting and love for my team gets the best of me in debates. But when another supposed Packer fan refers to his fellow supporters as "Cheese ****s" and does nothing but support our arch rival, then that person is not a Packer fan and is not here to have common sense dialog. End of story.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
to clarify

Everyone can have a different opinion as it makes for a better discussion..

but when people are just out to **** others off (skolman) is when there is an issue

Haus is okay but he has this notion that what he says is the only way..Time and time again he says he wants to debate, but he refused to debate me on a subject and criteria HE BROUGHT up

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
to clarify

Everyone can have a different opinion as it makes for a better discussion..

but when people are just out to **** others off (skolman) is when there is an issue

Haus is okay but he has this notion that what he says is the only way..Time and time again he says he wants to debate, but he refused to debate me on a subject and criteria HE BROUGHT up

I understand. I was just really surprised at the amount of people that supported Favre this last season and people that 2 years ago considered themselves lifelong Packer fans that cheered for the Vikings last year. Horrible.

I can't wait until the draft and when the season starts so we can have something really meaningful to talk about!!!

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
So I want to know, what's the formula for having a "Winning Tradition"?

Success over several decades and multiple Super Bowls. The Buccaneers, Jets, and Saints, IMO, would not be teams that I would consider having a winning tradition.

Ok, so let’s take a look at some teams with winning traditions. That is, teams that have won multiple Championships and or Super Bowls. After all that is what is needed to have a winning tradition. If you don’t win the big game you can’t have a winning tradition.

First up: Detroit

Overall record for 79 years. 490-583-32, for a winning percentage of .457. But they have 4 NFL championships, so they have to be considered having a winning Tradition. Never mind that the last one was in 1957. And since that fateful year they have gone .421 and been to the playoffs 9 times. 9 times in 52 years. Man that’s a winning tradition. But they have those Championships. You have to count them; after all they won them in the same time period as 6 of the Packers championships. They had to have decades of success to win 4 Championships.

Next up: Philadelphia.

Overall record for 76 years, 499-535-26, .483. They have 3 NFL Championships to their name. Last one was 1960. Win over the Packers. They must have been good. Lost the super Bowl in 1980 and 2004. Umm, maybe they don’t have that winning tradition after all. Let’s see. 1961 to 2003. 305-329-12 .481 yeah, I suppose since they have 3 Championships, they could have a winning tradition. One Super Bowl and they are in for sure.

Next: San Francisco.

Yup, I’m going there. It’s all about “winning tradition” after all. So let’s look at San Francisco’s winning tradition. 5 Super Bowls in 13 years, 159-56-1. Good record. How about the previous 34 years? 224-234-14 for a winning percentage of .489. In those 34 years they made it to the playoffs 5 times. But man, what a winning tradition. Since their last Super Bowl in 94, 120-120-0. An even .500. But damn they have that winning tradition and decades of success. Well at least one decade of success.

And last, one of my favorites, New England.

Started playing pro ball in 1960 in that other league the AFL, which really wasn’t pro football until the first NFL-AFL World Championship game in 1966. They have won an amazing 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Not as good as the Packers 3 in 3 years. Oops, the Packers never won 3 Super Bowls in a row. They have an overall record of 387-360-9, .518. But let’s see how they got to that “winning tradition”. Let’s start with the first Super Bowl win. From 2001 on they have an amazing 107-37-0 record, .743. So that is what gives them their winning tradition. Now, let’s see how that winning tradition was formed prior to 2001. 1960-2000. 280-323-9 for an outstanding .464 winning percentage. They made it to the playoffs 10 times in 40 years. Losing 3 Championship games. 2 of them Super Bowls. (Really only 2. Because the 1963 AFL Championship game does not count. Because, well it was the AFL and not really a professionally league yet.) Again, decades of success.

So there you have it. Teams that won the Big game with winning traditions. Some won their big games in the past. Some won more recently. But they all have two things in common. Decades of "success” and at least 3 Championships rings.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Ok, so let’s take a look at some teams with winning traditions. That is, teams that have won multiple Championships and or Super Bowls. After all that is what is needed to have a winning tradition. If you don’t win the big game you can’t have a winning tradition.

First up: Detroit

Overall record for 79 years. 490-583-32, for a winning percentage of .457. But they have 4 NFL championships, so they have to be considered having a winning Tradition. Never mind that the last one was in 1957. And since that fateful year they have gone .421 and been to the playoffs 9 times. 9 times in 52 years. Man that’s a winning tradition. But they have those Championships. You have to count them; after all they won them in the same time period as 6 of the Packers championships. They had to have decades of success to win 4 Championships.

Next up: Philadelphia.

Overall record for 76 years, 499-535-26, .483. They have 3 NFL Championships to their name. Last one was 1960. Win over the Packers. They must have been good. Lost the super Bowl in 1980 and 2004. Umm, maybe they don’t have that winning tradition after all. Let’s see. 1961 to 2003. 305-329-12 .481 yeah, I suppose since they have 3 Championships, they could have a winning tradition. One Super Bowl and they are in for sure.

Next: San Francisco.

Yup, I’m going there. It’s all about “winning tradition” after all. So let’s look at San Francisco’s winning tradition. 5 Super Bowls in 13 years, 159-56-1. Good record. How about the previous 34 years? 224-234-14 for a winning percentage of .489. In those 34 years they made it to the playoffs 5 times. But man, what a winning tradition. Since their last Super Bowl in 94, 120-120-0. An even .500. But damn they have that winning tradition and decades of success. Well at least one decade of success.

And last, one of my favorites, New England.

Started playing pro ball in 1960 in that other league the AFL, which really wasn’t pro football until the first NFL-AFL World Championship game in 1966. They have won an amazing 3 Super Bowls in 4 years. Not as good as the Packers 3 in 3 years. Oops, the Packers never won 3 Super Bowls in a row. They have an overall record of 387-360-9, .518. But let’s see how they got to that “winning tradition”. Let’s start with the first Super Bowl win. From 2001 on they have an amazing 107-37-0 record, .743. So that is what gives them their winning tradition. Now, let’s see how that winning tradition was formed prior to 2001. 1960-2000. 280-323-9 for an outstanding .464 winning percentage. They made it to the playoffs 10 times in 40 years. Losing 3 Championship games. 2 of them Super Bowls. (Really only 2. Because the 1963 AFL Championship game does not count. Because, well it was the AFL and not really a professionally league yet.) Again, decades of success.

So there you have it. Teams that won the Big game with winning traditions. Some won their big games in the past. Some won more recently. But they all have two things in common. Decades of "success” and at least 3 Championships rings.

Haha....yep. All the things the Vikings don't have. Thanks for helping me make my argument for me. Franchises you consider "worse" than the Vikings, have won championships. Must suck to be a Vikings fan.

Also did you just make the argument that the Vikings are a better franchise than the 49ers? I get it.....you're just sour because your team stinks.

:viksux::viksux::viksux:

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Haha....yep. All the things the Vikings don't have. Thanks for helping me make my argument for me. Franchises you consider "worse" than the Vikings, have won championships. Must suck to be a Vikings fan.

Also did you just make the argument that the Vikings are a better franchise than the 49ers? I get it.....you're just sour because your team stinks.

:viksux::viksux::viksux:
Just making the point that these "Franchise's have a winning tradition per your standards. Well, when the Vikings finally win the Super Bowl, I know that your argument will most likely be, "They lost their first 4 though." And the only things the Vikings don't have that these teams do is a Super Bowl Victory. They do have a better overall record and better record of making the playoffs.

Of course if you wanted to take it in a real historical perspective,(I know you won't) The Vikings won the NFL Championship in their 9th year, by then the Niners had been around for 23 years and hadn't done it. Even if you don't consider that "Championship", the Vikings made the Super Bowl 4 times before the Niners ever made it. But making it to the Big Game does not count. Only winning it does.

My definition of a winning tradition includes more then just winning the big game. If a team just pops up and wins every 10 years or so doing nothing in between or happens to have a good 10 year run I don't know how you can say they have "Tradition" of winning. I would think to have that you would have to "win" more games then you lose over a the life of the franchise not just have a really good 10 year time span. But that's just me. Winning the big game is nice. And one day I hope my team does it. Until them I will consider them to have a "winning tradition" except for that final game.

From 1997-2002 Tampa won .625 percent of their games including the Super Bowl. Those 6 years account for 18% their time in the league and 29% of all their wins. But they don't have a winning tradition.

New England has 3 Super Bowls from 2001-2009. Those 9 years account for 18% of their time in the league, and 28% of all their wins. But because they won more then one Super Bowl they have established a "Winning Tradition". So I guess if Tampa had won one more Super Bowl they could have been considered to have a winning tradition.

And for the heck of it. New England's "winning tradition" percentages by decade.

1960's .448 (65-80-9)
1970's .507 (74-72-0)
1980's .454 (69-83-0)
1990's .450 (72-88-0)
2000's .743 (107-32-0)

Anyway, this discussion has been fun.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
Just making the point that these "Franchise's have a winning tradition per your standards. Well, when the Vikings finally win the Super Bowl, I know that your argument will most likely be, "They lost their first 4 though." And the only things the Vikings don't have that these teams do is a Super Bowl Victory. They do have a better overall record and better record of making the playoffs.

Of course if you wanted to take it in a real historical perspective,(I know you won't) The Vikings won the NFL Championship in their 9th year, by then the Niners had been around for 23 years and hadn't done it. Even if you don't consider that "Championship", the Vikings made the Super Bowl 4 times before the Niners ever made it. But making it to the Big Game does not count. Only winning it does.

My definition of a winning tradition includes more then just winning the big game. If a team just pops up and wins every 10 years or so doing nothing in between or happens to have a good 10 year run I don't know how you can say they have "Tradition" of winning. I would think to have that you would have to "win" more games then you lose over a the life of the franchise not just have a really good 10 year time span. But that's just me. Winning the big game is nice. And one day I hope my team does it. Until them I will consider them to have a "winning tradition" except for that final game.

From 1997-2002 Tampa won .625 percent of their games including the Super Bowl. Those 6 years account for 18% their time in the league and 29% of all their wins. But they don't have a winning tradition.

New England has 3 Super Bowls from 2001-2009. Those 9 years account for 18% of their time in the league, and 28% of all their wins. But because they won more then one Super Bowl they have established a "Winning Tradition". So I guess if Tampa had won one more Super Bowl they could have been considered to have a winning tradition.

And for the heck of it. New England's "winning tradition" percentages by decade.

1960's .448 (65-80-9)
1970's .507 (74-72-0)
1980's .454 (69-83-0)
1990's .450 (72-88-0)
2000's .743 (107-32-0)

Anyway, this discussion has been fun.

It has been fun. I think we've come to an agreement that the Packers are the best team ever! :happy0005:

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Here is one of his post I quoted. If you cannot find one its probably because he went back and tried to edit them.

http://www.packerforum.com/packer-fan-forum/19307-minnesota-vikings-7.html#post266314

I dont know why the link I posted modifies itself to read Minnesota vikings? Its a link to this forum.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score
That, I have never questioned.

I'm just messin' with you buddy. It is funny how time judges franchises though. Twenty years ago no one thinks of the Patriots, but now people claim they are one of the best teams ever.

I will say this....the Vikings have a solid record of being consistently good. I think one could argue they are one of the worst playoff teams of all time. Them and the Bills.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BTW, Raptorman's assessment on me is pretty spot on (in his quoted post above).

Then, again, nobody much cares for truth and honesty. It's all smoke, mirrors and kool-aid 'round these parts.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts